Thread: More Subs

More Subs

I know, we're beating it to death but I was looking more at some of the construction photos and I think I know how they're going to make the giant boxes in the lagoon look natural.

If you look at how they're framing that concrete wall leading up to the show building, you'll notice that it resembles the bow of a ship.

Seeing as how Marlin and Dory encountered Bruce and friends around a sunken ship, it wouldn't be a stretch to put a partially submerged ship in the middle of the lagoon and have it look perfectly "normal" in context.

• oh bugger

Re: More Subs

Does it matter that they encounter Bruce at on old wwii submarine and not a sunken ship?

Quote Originally Posted by jurgenb52
    Does it matter that they encounter Bruce at on old wwii submarine and not a sunken ship?
    If I remember correctly, they were in and out of a few ships during that chase.

• Basking in birthday love

Just consulted my Finding Nemo shooting script. (Some of the random stuff lying around my room is AWESOME.) The location headers are:

INT. SUB MESS HALL - CONTINUOUS
    INT. SUB CORRIDOR - CONTINUOUS
    INT. TORPEDO ROOM - CONTINOUS
    EXT. SUBMARINE, TOPSIDE - SAME

And then EXT. OCEAN SURFACE - NIGHT for the fart joke that ends the scene. All one sub, sorry.

Not saying that it couldn't be a ship, though. The ride doesn't have to follow the plot of the movie exactly, and probably won't.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

To be fair though... Would you want to ride through a sunken sub... In a sub?

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by SpeMarX
    To be fair though... Would you want to ride through a sunken sub... In a sub?
    Ah, an excellent point. Rather puts me in mind of the Jungle Cruise. "These hippos can be very dangerous, folks. This past week alone, they've sunk six boats. But don't worry, only five of them were mine." Somehow I don't think that's what they're going for...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Newbie.

It looks a little bit like the silouette of a sub to me, but I'll wait to pass judgement till it's finished
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz
    I know, we're beating it to death but I was looking more at some of the construction photos and I think I know how they're going to make the giant boxes in the lagoon look natural.
    If you look at how they're framing that concrete wall leading up to the show building, you'll notice that it resembles the bow of a ship.

Seeing as how Marlin and Dory encountered Bruce and friends around a sunken ship, it wouldn't be a stretch to put a partially submerged ship in the middle of the lagoon and have it look perfectly "normal" in context.
    i honestly don't see the point of doing this. i mean, you wouldn't actually see the boat from inside the sub anyway..

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The wood mold (as seen in the OP) has been removed, and you can see the concrete wall on the west end of the new show building.

Photos are being loaded to my album as I speak....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• враг народа

Blog Entries

How would a monorail pylon end up in the middle of a half sunken ship? A sunken ship just doesn't feel very Disney. I know we have Jungle Cruise and Pirates, but all of that sort of stuff is on the inside, away from the walkways.

• FastPass n00b

It's going to be an island, Al mentioned this in an update long ago.

• Looking for Love

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    How would a monorail pylon end up in the middle of a half sunken ship?

HAHA!!! That's rich! ........ It's so funny cause it's true. Maybe they can try and work that in the storyline for "finding nemo 2". HAHA.

• the rum is always gone

an island? I read that too. but honestly? a submarine going through the middle of an island? that sounds un-natural. Unless, they cover the top of the island, so it's like the sub is going inside a cave. But is it really an island now that they connected it with the original cave/show building?

Personally I would rather see the sunken ship out there in the lagoon. It is possible for the sub to go through the ship. If you look at the concept art for the ride, it shows marlin in the ship graveyard with the sharks behind them. So either way, the subs are going to go through a ship (or at least part of one).

As for the monorail support being in the showbuilding; it can be disguised in a variety of ways. First, as seen in the regular outside the cave portion where the supports are disguised as sea columns with algae or columns on them. Secondly it can be disguised as part of a ship. With paint and a few extra touches it can be turned into the mast of a ship or a support beam for the frame of the ship. But if that buliding were an island...then I don't know how they could be disguised. But nevertheless, I'm sure the imagineers at disneyland have some trick up their sleeve to disguise those beams under the water, ship, island or sea floor topography.

you see that lower part? Well that will be under water. I am guessing that the taller part will be the waterfall.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The wood mold (as seen in the OP) has been removed, and you can see the concrete wall on the west end of the new show building.

Photos are being loaded to my album as I speak....
    You rule Darkbeer! Thanks for all the photo updates...it is always fun to see what the weather is there and what you saw that day. I love seeing the Nemo ride evolve too, very exciting