Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

The Indy Attraction that could of been

I was looking through the "Art Of Disneyland" and I remember seeing JHM posting some of some of these Artist sketches of INDY when they were in the planning stages. This was totally awesome!!!! I had to scan this photo to show you guys. I know some of you have the book already. I just picked it up at Company D.

Besides the fact that the attraction would have been based on the Temple Of Doom. I can not get over how multi-leveled this would have been. The DLRR and the Jungle Cruise would have gone through the attraction. I do not know but I think I would have liked this one more than the one that is there now. What do you guys think?
    Jason

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Re: The Indy Attraction that could of been

I can't even imagine how much money that would have cost. I have a feeling this was from a brainstorming session where you design crazy and then whittle it down to reality. Its a common part of the process.

But it sure would have been amazing.

• I'm your huckleberry.

This picture is in the Disney Gallery... its pretty amazing in person!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• I'm reaching new Horizons

I know it looks good, but there's no possible way Disney could have done this and put in new attractions today

• Basking in birthday love

The DLRR track does still go through the Indy show building, I know that much. I'm not quite sure where this intersection happens, but it's definitely there.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• That's Hawt

Eh, it's ALLRIGHT .... nothing to write home about, heck I could have done better!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    The DLRR track does still go through the Indy show building, I know that much. I'm not quite sure where this intersection happens, but it's definitely there.
    No it doesn't, the railroad goes over the underground queue. As the queue goes under the berm, to the show building (that giant square by downtown disney, that is wrapped in a plam tree skin). In fact, for the railroad to go throught the show building, the track would have had to been changed. So, the track stayed in place, and the queue goes underneath it

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by nsxdrift_89
    No it doesn't, the railroad goes over the underground queue. As the queue goes under the berm, to the show building (that giant square by downtown disney, that is wrapped in a plam tree skin). In fact, for the railroad to go throught the show building, the track would have had to been changed. So, the track stayed in place, and the queue goes underneath it
    Ah, okay. That jibes with what I heard before.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• decorating

A Disneyland ride with a LOOP!?! That ride would have been awesome.

• Adventure has a new name!

Why couldn't they put that ride thats in the drawing at Walt Disney World, that could work!

Ride lines, why did it have to be ride lines!!!

• Minion

Lets just say WALT was alive when they were coming up with ideas for this attraction. I know I am really reaching here. Knowing if Walt would have even accepted a Indy attraction anyway. So going with with the sketch above and he had really liked the idea. I do think Roy would have locked up the checkbook. This version would have broken the bank.
    Jason

• FastPass n00b

I know I'm in a small minority here, but I just don't think the Indy ride is up to Disneyland standards. The queue is extraordinary, no doubt there, that queue is definitely up to any Disneyland standards ever set. But the ride itself seems to dwell more on technology and exceedingly loud noises and fast motions than any kind of imagination. It's incredibly fun and I love the ride, don't get me wrong, but I just don't think it's the best ride Disney can come up with.

They can throw all the technology and thrills they want at me but anyone can create a great ride with enough money and technology, especially when it's a thrill ride. But it's the slow-paced rides, rides like Pirates, HM, Jungle Cruise, and the old subs that capture the imagination...in addition to using the latest technology. Hi-tech thrill rides are great, but it's WAY too easy to make a good one. When WDI shows me a new original slow-paced ride that's as fun as Indy then, and only then, will I be truly impressed with their efforts.

But if Universal Studios spent enough money, they could've come up with Indy too. It wouldn't take that much imagination or effort outside of what they've already done. Disneyland needs something truly original and something that no other competitor could ever come up with.

• Banned User

Wow, just wow.

That concept art is A LOT better than what is in the present-day Indiana Jones ride.

Indiana Jones is fun, but it definitely needs an update. Some of the "rooms" are just pitch-black - nothing really happens except a few sound effects.

It definitely needs a bit of work - hopefully a new and more fiercer snake.
    But before they do that, they need to work on the horribly-ugly Tomorrowland and the very, very underwhelming and cramped Toontown.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Blue Sky. Concept Art. Not finalized renderings. Ack.

I'm sure two Indiana Jones attractions and the take over of part of the Disneyland Railroad and Jungle Cruise would fly really well with most Disney nut jobs if actually given a green light. Instead of cries over Pixarland it would be over Indianaland.

While it would be cool in a lot of respects, I think we would loose some of the mystery of the temple. Right now you and a few jeeps are racing through this ancient temple alone. If there were boats, trains, and minecars going by...it would kinda loose that feeling. I just love that feeling when you first enter the main room and get that great view. I think if you had all this going on and the oppertunity to see that same view on 4 different attractions, it would loose the impact.

Also, the reason Indy is so good, is because George Lucas put up tons of money for the ride. If the current ride went over budget and had lucas save it, and we still got painted skeleton warriors and bad holograms, what else would have skimped on to get 2 new attractions and remodling 2 old ones? And where would they have put the line for the minecarts? The indy que already stretched into the hub for the first year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast