Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

I can't even read this all now, (it's soooo long), but I do have two words for everyone that can be your best friend: Cargo Shorts
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• no flash photography...

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Could they have been 1st time visitors and confused about where to go, or do they HAVE to be self absorbed to stop and look at a map?

Hell, I've seen a herd of MiceChatters stopping and blocking the pathway PLENTY of times. Of course we ARE self absorbed!
    Maybe I'm just different. Even as a first timer to places if I need to stop I don't block the pathway.

and use if a herd of micechatters are blocking the pathway I would consider that to be self absorbed as well...

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    Maybe I'm just different. Even as a first timer to places if I need to stop I don't block the pathway.
    I guess I'm just a little more forgiving of the day trippers who may be confused and excited and harried when the first step through those gates. Rather than judge their self absorbedness or how big their kid in the stroller was, I probably would have asked them if they needed help finding something. So yeah, I guess we are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle
    It still strikes me as odd that you would even give them 3 seconds of your time or care one bit what they had in their rented strollers.
    because by blocking the path they caused not only me and my group, but others to get frustrated.....so, yes...they infringed on my enjoyment of the park and I did look as I was walking to see why in the hell they were just standing there with two rented strollers...I saw they were reading the map and someone else (I'm guessing they may have been an AP holder) said, "they must have paper tickets"..as they passed me and my mother up....It was not like, oh I have to take a step or two to the side to pass them...they were seriously blocking traffic.....

the whole conversaion as we walked past

we both glance over at them, because they are blocking the way.

mother, "aren't those kids to old for a stoller"
    me: "I would say so"
    AP holders passing us up. "they must be paper ticket holders! (while motionng at the people blocking the way).

Me: (to my mother) OMG!! I can't believe they said that! All the passes are blocked today except for premium so alot of these people are first time visitors. We need to have alot of patince today....lets got to DCA!

mother...ok......off we go...

like I said we were there for two days and this was the only incident ...besides the pomona band members, but thats a whole other story...LOL

when your out in public...like it or not...you will be judged...

I guess I'm just a little more forgiving of the day trippers who may be confused and excited and harried when the first step through those gates. Rather than judge their self absorbedness or how big their kid in the stroller was, I probably would have asked them if they needed help finding something. So yeah, I guess we are different.
    yeah...genearlly I don't intrude on people unless they ask me questions, because I would not want peopel to intrude on me...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

yeah...genearlly I don't intrude on people unless they ask me questions, because I would not want peopel to intrude on me...
    Yeah, that's really great of you.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I don't see this as intrusion, I see it as being patient and understanding and compassionate, all of which are wonderful life skills.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• I'm your huckleberry.

I've never had anyone be anything but be grateful when I've offered help. Try having a little patience with the "paper ticket" people, and show them some kindness. It always makes my day better, and I'm sure theirs as well.

Asking someone if they need help does not equal intrusion. Its being a positive member of society.

No wink needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Study after study shows that tap water is actually safer, in terms of levels of bacteria and harmful chemicals, than bottled water. You're paying for nothing.

Doesn't anyone realize "Evian" is "naive" spelled backwards?

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Well, all I know is that I'm going stroller shopping this weekend! A big double-wide with cup holders, pouch for dvd player, undercarriage storage, and privacy curtains (in case I need a nap). Oh, I don't even have any kids (impossible, since I'm not a "family"), but I suddenly realized that I might as well take advantage of all that time I spend in line, so I want to be sure I take every possible amenity, distraction, and change of clothing with me from now on. I'd always thought I was being efficient and bringing less stress upon myself and my "family" by carrying as little as possible, especially considering we were surrounded by all the detail, beauty, movement, music and magic that is Disneyland. But this sounds like an excellent idea; anyone know what the maximum load-bearing capacity of one of those things is? How much does one of those Igloos ice chests weigh? And at which restaurants in the park can I get a refill of ice for that cooler?

And don't be attentive to your surroundings and actually notice me and my apartment-on-wheels. Just you focus on Disney by keeping your beady little eyes pointed straight ahead, baby. No opinions allowed!
    Last edited by speederscout; 06-09-2006 at 04:24 PM.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Well, all I know is that I'm going stroller shopping this weekend! A big double-wide with cup holders, pouch for dvd player, undercarriage storage, and privacy curtains (in case I need a nap). Oh, I don't even have any kids (impossible, since I'm not a "family"), but I suddenly realized that I might as well take advantage of all that time I spend in line, so I want to be sure I take every possible amenity, distraction, and change of clothing with me from now on. I'd always thought I was being efficient and bringing less stress upon myself and my "family" by carrying as little as possible, especially considering we were surrounded by all the detail, beauty, movement, music and magic that is Disneyland. But this sounds like an excellent idea; anyone know what the maximum load-bearing capacity of one of those things is? How much does one of those Igloos ice chests weigh? And at which restaurants in the park can I get a refill of ice for that cooler?

And don't dare anyone be attentive to their surroundings and actually notice me and my steamer-trunk-on-wheels. Just you focus on Disney by keeping your beady little eyes pointed straight ahead, baby. No opinions allowed!
    Hey - are you charging an e-ticket for that ride? Me and my kids would love to ride along in one of the compartments. I'm just hoping they don't chew through it. I'll be sure to pack some Goat Chow to keep 'em filled up so hunger shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately, I got stuck with all these, once it was deemed a bad idea to have the Front Gate Goat team, and I had already purchased them.

So, now I have a small herd of kids to feed and entertain while at Disneyland. Yeah, it sucks to be me.

• Pilot EdForceOne

In WDW its the motorized chairs that are the ones that bug me.. mainly because its so hard for people to be able to 'drive' them effectivly in pure stop-n-go crowds (like on Mainstreet).

The double-wide strollers are too big, and trust me at the local park I curse them all the time. When we had 2 kids in stroller, we got one of the 'cobra' style (front back ) and they are barely bigger then a single stroller.

On this last trip to WDW, the 2.5yr old was in an umbrella stroller and walked maybe 1/3rd of the time. The stroller is key at that age because with all the intensity of the parks.. she was taking naps in the afternoon. She can sleep right in the stroller as the other kids kept barreling on.

Strollers in excess are annoying.. but typically more so to impatient people who get irked when they can move at the pace they want. Strollers in max crowd situations are especially tough for people trying to travel in groups.

But honestly half this forum is 'class' wars... 'ap vs paper'.. 'kids vs old people', etc.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

By the way, wasn't this thread about a reported rumour?

• Hey, that's not Rose!

You know the only time I have noticed a child that was waaaay too big for the stroller, was when her very long 10 year old legs were flailing about and almost touching the ground, after I tripped on them!!!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Since I really don't feel like reading 5 pages, I'm just going to say this (so if anyone mentioned it already, I apologize).

You already can't bring in water bottles to Grad Nite, so it wouldn't totally surprise me if this was actually implemented, even if this info was given by just some random CM.

Why?

I talked with my friends about it, and we're pretty sure it's because of vodka. I did say, "Well why don't they just open the bottles and sniff?" "They get more money if they just implement it, plus it's just easier on them."

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast