Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    But honestly half this forum is 'class' wars... 'ap vs paper'.. 'kids vs old people', etc.
    It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Since I really don't feel like reading 5 pages, I'm just going to say this (so if anyone mentioned it already, I apologize).

You already can't bring in water bottles to Grad Nite, so it wouldn't totally surprise me if this was actually implemented, even if this info was given by just some random CM.

Why?

I talked with my friends about it, and we're pretty sure it's because of vodka. I did say, "Well why don't they just open the bottles and sniff?" "They get more money if they just implement it, plus it's just easier on them."
    You know that's one thing for grad night. They already have rules about showing up drunk, so I can see why they won't allow "clear" liqued bottles in. Sniffing would be a good idea, but only until someone sneezed in your water.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

One of the other considerations is that Walt Disney's intention that a guest walk no more than a mile during a day at Disneyland has been undermined by bad designs, such as Michael Eisner's infamous attempt at engineering a $500 million parking structure by himself. If Disney were to make a serious effort to minimize walking distances, then strollers would not be as necessary.

I wonder, though, about the safety of strollers from the standpoint of preventing terrorist attacks. People are carrying all sorts of stuff in the big ones, and, then, these guests are leaving the items unattended.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by Schmielsen
    I don't know about everyone else, but in my family, after we turned three, we were no longer pushed around in a stroller. The 50's strollers didn't fold down, but those in the 60's did, but the strollers weren't gigantic. Remember the old Disneyland rentals? A lot of you probably don't but they were very unobtrusive and children over the age of 4 wouldn't have fit in them. I am so sick of seeing older children who should be walking, lounging in a stroller eating from one of those big bags of chips that Disneyland sells. And I hate seeing someone with a doublewide where they have a child in one side and all their "stuff" in the other. Wow, I really sound cranky, but those are my pet peeves. Another thing that is different is we ate three meals a day--my mom never even thought to bring fruit snacks or granola bars for us to snack on, yet we somehow survived. And as much as I enjoy a bottle of cold water--again how did we ever survive on tap water from drinking fountains without catching some dread disease?

"In MY day, we didn't have these namby-pamby stroller thingies. I was walking at the age of 6 months, and carrying a 40 pound pack at the age of 3. We only ate one meal a week.....AND.....WE.....LIKED IT!

We would WALK to Disneyland from Barstow in 135 degree heat barefoot, would drink from the L.A. River when we got thirsty... AND.....WE....LIKED IT!

And we wouldn't take naps back then neither. Naps are for sissies. We would sleep 3 hours a night before starting the morning chores, have a lump of dry poison, work all day, and return, 150 of us, to our small shoe box in the middle of the road.....AND....WE....LIKED IT!! "

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    But honestly half this forum is 'class' wars... 'ap vs paper'.. 'kids vs old people', etc.
    "'Class' wars"?? As in, "ewww!!! I'd never drink your water.. your water's gross!!!" Like that?

Seriously, strollers serve a purpose, even the double ones (though the double-wides' purpose seems to be purely inspired from the depths of, well... that bad place). But when the purpose of a stroller starts drifting into excess and laziness, thats another story. "Having" kids, "being" a parent: those are verbs; enjoy the challenges... and the responsibilities. Just don't make everyone else "enjoy" them, as well. And remember, you really were not the first person in the history of humanity to have had a child.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    You know that's one thing for grad night. They already have rules about showing up drunk, so I can see why they won't allow "clear" liqued bottles in. Sniffing would be a good idea, but only until someone sneezed in your water.
    Or you could just take a lighter to it. If the bottle bursts into flame.... vodka. If not, you're good to go. Although I would feel sorry for the CM who has to test that. One bottle of vodka and goodbye eybrows.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Seriously, strollers serve a purpose, even the double ones (though the double-wides' purpose seems to be purely inspired from the depths of, well... that bad place). But when the purpose of a stroller starts drifting into excess and laziness, thats another story. "Having" kids, "being" a parent: those are verbs; enjoy the challenges... and the responsibilities. Just don't make everyone else "enjoy" them, as well. And remember, you really were not the first person in the history of humanity to have had a child.
    SS, you make me smile everytime you post.

I will never understand why parents always feel as if they are doing something new. Our nation has the highest obesity rate in almost all of the world... Hmm, strollers all day? Each generation seems to have a shorter attention span than the one previous... bringing toys to Disneyland?

My parents had rules. I NEVER got souvenirs from ANY theme park. My mom always said I lived too close lol. However, after a while it didn't phase me anymore. I'd get a mickey mouse club hat maybe a ballon, but toys? Never. I never threw a fit either. If I did, I knew that I was going home, and it wasn't an empty threat.

Maybe adults should start bringing strollers for ourselves! I know I get bored waiting in line, it'd be nice to have my PS2 handy so I could play a bit of Kingdom Hearts. I hate walking all the way to the lockers when it gets cold and I need a jacket, having a man-stroller would alleviate alot of backtracking and make me less cranky...

LOL@a-hyperbole.

Hey Disneyphile... I'll take one of your "kids". Soooo cute!! I'll cart it around in my man-stroller.
    Last edited by speederscout; 06-09-2006 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Maybe adults should start bringing strollers for ourselves! I know I get bored waiting in line, it'd be nice to have my PS2 handy so I could play a bit of Kingdom Hearts. I hate walking all the way to the lockers when it gets cold and I need a jacket, having a man-stroller would alleviate alot of backtracking and make me less cranky...
    Exactly!! Maybe we can hitch our strollers together; you know, strength in numbers and all that.

LOLOL@man-stroller. Sure, why not??

• Basking in birthday love

Getting back to the OP, it's really easy when chatting with a guest to repeat a rumor without even realizing it, and to have the guest take that rumor as gospel truth. I quickly learned to preface the answer to any question of "What are they planning" with a disclaimer that what I've heard is partly rumor and likely partly wishful thinking, and that things at WDI can change literally in a moment, but I learned this at an attraction where my job is to provide information. Other CMs are likely not so conscientious.

As for the stroller thing, someone asked way long ago what purpose limiting outside strollers could possibly serve except to enhance profits? My response is: Oh my god my walkways. I immediately flashed back to one of my most nerve-wracking moments at the park. Traffic in my walkways was halted, and I couldn't figure out why. It turns out that a double-wide and a triple-wide stroller were trying to come at each other from opposite directions during the parade. That would be rather messy just about anywhere on Main Street, but this particular incident? This happened at the Wizard of Bras porch, where the walkway narrows to about four feet across, just enough for two-way traffic if it's the single-file foot variety. That mess took nearly ten minutes to sort out. All we needed was to have a paramedic run come through there, and I would have curled into a fetal position then and there, clutching my flashlight and sucking my thumb. Those damn things are a menace to society and a major safety hazard to boot. (The absolute icing on the cake for that incident was that the mother with the triple-wide was getting uppity with me about the mess and the delay it was causing them. I basically told her, as politely as I could, that if there had been a medical emergency right then, someone could have died and it would have been her fault. My tolerance for guest stupidity does have its limits, after all.)

There is actually a special GAC for strollers being used as wheelchairs; we require it in order for a guest to bring a stroller into our building, since California law forbids strollers inside theatres. If they did enforce a no outside strollers policy (please oh please oh please), I would recommend guest like CrystalCastle to go to City Hall and seek a permanent (or at least long-term) GAC that they could flash at the gates rather than having to argue their way in. I would think that they would do something like that to accommodate a regular vistor, and special needs are so called for a reason.

In my experience, if a party does not have a person sized to push a single stroller for every person small enough to need one, that party does not have adequate control of their children. That's not from an irrational bias, that's from observation. If it ever gets to a point where I find in my family that there are more little people than big people, I will bring friends to the park to help manage.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    I've never had anyone be anything but be grateful when I've offered help. Try having a little patience with the "paper ticket" people, and show them some kindness. It always makes my day better, and I'm sure theirs as well.

Asking someone if they need help does not equal intrusion. Its being a positive member of society.

No wink needed.
    well, since you tend to read what you want I'll clarify. I did not say paper ticket holders. That was from a complete stranger walking by. Also, since you don't know me...please do not assume I do not have pateince and am not kind to people...maybe you should take your own advise and not spend so much time worring about what I think, how I act...and stop passing judgement on me...over an incident that took about 3 to 5 seconds to pass and forget about...until someone mentioned older children in strollers and then I remembered what happened.

I'm glad you think you are such a nice caring person going out of your way to help people....telling others they should do the same....it's very reassuring......oops...that was the winky...I forgot you don't like it....

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Why do i worry about strollers? Because they take up space. Those parking lots for increasingly larger strollers in an increasingly more attended park that has walkways that are not increasing in size.

• Forever thankful. .

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Am I the only person who doesn't pay a bit of attention to other peoples children in strollers? I have never been hit with a stroller, I don't look into others strollers, I don't notice how old the kids in the strollers are.

I'm far to busy having a nice time at the park with my friends and family to notice petty crap like this.

Honest to goodness, I had no clue people were so bothered by strollers and other people at Disneyland until about a year ago when I started reading Disney message boards. It totally blew me away and still does.

I was almost afraid to venture to DL again with my kids and grandkids for fear we would forget and stop in front of someone, or accidently bump someone or whatever. Good grief, why can't we all just give each other the benefit of the doubt that we are all trying to do our best to not bug each other at DL?

It's Disneyland!!!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I'm glad you think you are such a nice caring person ....
    Sweetheart, I don't think, I know.

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

Well they better let you bring in water at least. That's something people need and don't need to be charged extra for.

from jeff

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast