Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415 LastLast

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    this is not true. i have a child, but i do not believe in coddeling children. The last time she was in a stroller at the park she was 3 and we rented it there...from that point on she walked. We did not bring all kinds of things to entertain her in line. She learned how to deal with boredom or she entertained herself without annoying others. IMO...making everything sooo easy for children (dvd players in cars, toys in line, strolers when they can barely fit in them) is so the parent will not have to deal with the children.....of course I freely admit I'm a fairly strict parent.
    As a teacher.... I THANK you from the bottom of my heart! We shouldn't have to entertain a child every minute of their life.

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Nobody made you go to Goofy's Kitchen. And that isn't even inside the parks. So a no food or drinks (buy it at our places) policy as described would no affect you in this case.

I ate a $30 plate of spaghetti at Tony's in Magic Kingdom back in March. Spaghetti wasn't anything to get wild over but I knew what I was getting into.
    Well this time you have a good poiint, but if I went to Ariel's Grotto, it would have been the same. The happenstance that it was at the hotel was not a big deal to me.

But good point.

Smile Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

[quote=lazyboy97O]Nobody made you go to Goofy's Kitchen. And that isn't even inside the parks. So a no food or drinks (buy it at our places) policy as described would no affect you in this case.

I have always considered the Disneyland Resort to be just that, a resort... not a Park. I think the hotel, the downtown area and both parks all make up the resort and as such, if he went for breakfast at Ariels, Rainforest Cafe, Goofy's or Pizza Port... I think of it al lthe same way.

But your point was a good one. I am getting my reciepts from the previous day and will post them.... 2 adults, 2 kids, 3 meals, 2 snacks, 4 waters... lets see if it is outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    As a teacher.... I THANK you from the bottom of my heart! We shouldn't have to entertain a child every minute of their life.
    I am also a teacher and although I generally agree.... after saving for threew years and spending all this money, I am glad to serve up a gameboy, a stroller or a 50 inch plasma TV if I can get a little R&R!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

It's funny. I saw two incidents last night in Disneyland where kids were playing with their toys they got from the park and the parents weren't paying attention and other park visitors almost got whacked with the toys. First one was on Main Street. This little boy was playing with this light saber type toy and was swinging it around like he was playing baseball. His mother was eating something standing behind a stroller. Another woman was walking towards the Hub area and this kid almost hit her and the woman was yelling out "whoa whoa whoa". She continued on her way and the mother of that kid gave her the most evil glance like it was the other woman's fault. Was it? I don't think so. She was just walking. She didn't have eyes all over her body to aware her that there was a kid that was swinging something around. Second instance, I was sitting on a park bench in the Hub waiting for the fireworks. Across the way were two children with their grandparents. One boy in particular was again, swinging a toy around wildly and using his light necklace as a whip. The grandfather kept telling him to behave but he didn't listen. The final straw was when he almost hit two girls that were trying to walk by him. The grandfater took the toys away and the kid had to just sit on the bench for the rest of the time while waiting for the fireworks. Did he cry and whine and misbehave without a toy? No. He sat there with his brother. Just shows you that children don't need toys to keep themselves entertained at Disneyland, because in all honesty, that playing could get others hurt.

And as for that Goofy's Kitchen breakfast...it's Disney. You should have known it was going to be expensive. You wanted to show your children a wonderful time. Great. Did you get that experience? If you did, why are you complaining? You got the reaction you wanted out of your children. You could have taken them to McDonald's and they'd still have fun playing in the jungle gym thingy and the breakfast would have cost you $10-$15 not $85.

• Minion

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

I was wacked once by a kid and a lightsaber thingy. I grabbed it from him and threw it on the ground. The parents were about to go all crazy on me but I just walked away. I bet that kid will remember me for the rest of his life. LOL.

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    I was wacked once by a kid and a lightsaber thingy. I grabbed it from him and threw it on the ground. The parents were about to go all crazy on me but I just walked away. I bet that kid will remember me for the rest of his life. LOL.
    Ok, maybe you shouldn't have grabbed his saber, but when you look at your Stormtrooper Avatar...the whole situation just becomes this hysterical picture. (I had this mental picture of some Trooper coming over and grabbing little Ani's saber out of his hands and yelling, "Stop That!")

*Stormtroopers....you just gotta love em!*
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beatle_johnny
    But your point was a good one. I am getting my reciepts from the previous day and will post them.... 2 adults, 2 kids, 3 meals, 2 snacks, 4 waters... lets see if it is outrageous.
    Everybody here is probably well aware of how expensive Disney is. It still remains that if you feel that amount of money is not worth the product or services recieved than you should not spend that money on those products or services. Disney offers food in different price ranges (albeit still high, but so are ticket prices to some) and in no way are you compelled to purchase a character breakfast.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Sweetheart, I don't think, I know.
    ...and you're showing it so well..

• Frozen lemonade addict!

Im with the other guy. Im going to have to wait until they start to enforce it before I believe it. I have never had any problems bringing water into the parks. I always use the medical condition excuse.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/
    http://jjhernandez.smugmug.com

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken_Monk
    I always use the medical condition excuse.
    You've actually been asked?

Everybody here is probably well aware of how expensive Disney is. It still remains that if you feel that amount of money is not worth the product or services recieved than you should not spend that money on those products or services. Disney offers food in different price ranges (albeit still high, but so are ticket prices to some) and in no way are you compelled to purchase a character breakfast.
    My point was about DL stopping all food coming into the resort.

That is an excellent point. A typical day's meals for my family used to be breakfast at home (which was tough since we were sooo excited and could barely eat), lunch out in the picnic area and then for dinner we would get something at one of the places like Tomorrowland Terrace where we could get a hotdog or hamburger. With my own kids, it's a lot easier to afford meals in the park because we aren't paying for admission each visit. But we still leave the character meals for special occasions and then it's usually Storytellers because we can order something besides an expensive buffet.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    ... and you wonder why you can't get that 'no-hire' off your record? I bet you interview great..

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus
    ... and you wonder why you can't get that 'no-hire' off your record? I bet you interview great..
    What does that have to do with this thread topic? If I ever got hit by a kid playing too rowdy when their parents weren't paying attention, I'd do something about it too. Although I might not grab the kids toy. I'd certainly let the parents know what their kids just did and they should pay attention to their kids.