Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

• e komo mai

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Did anyone find out with 100% certainty that this new rule is indeed true?

• Basking in birthday love

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    As for the huge double-wide strollers ... I agree ... they are just too big. Our kids are 18 months apart so we needed a double stroller. We got the double long one (but not TOO big). It was a god-send. Once our daughter was too big for it we got a single one for our son.
    That's how it was with me and my little sister, also 18 months apart. We had a blue double-long stroller; by the time I was old enough to remember being at Disneyland in it, I was big enough to find it teeny and didn't spend much time in it. We had a single stroller for the next trip.

I remember the first times I started coming to Disneyland on my own, once I came out for college. We had always drastically over-packed for the trip as a family, so I had a tendency to do that on my own trips. It took a little while to realize that while a handful of snacks were nice, they mostly remained uneaten, and none of the other crap was usually of any use, either. Now there's usually nothing I bring into the park that won't fit into my purse, and sometimes I can even comfortably distribute everything to pockets. I just don't need that much stuff.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Or you could just take a lighter to it. If the bottle bursts into flame.... vodka. If not, you're good to go. Although I would feel sorry for the CM who has to test that. One bottle of vodka and goodbye eybrows.
    Normal 80 proof Vodka, it wont happen like that. Stuff like Bacardi 151 (Flame arrester on the mouth of the bottle or 190 proof Everclear (illegal to sell in CA) yes, that stuff will catch fire easily. Of course, they both also stink to high hell and back...

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

[quote=dasia][quote=nursemelis374]
    I just spoke with my co-worker who is also a nurse, has a diabetic daughter and is a Certified Diabetic Educator and she and I were wondering why diabetics and/or hypoglycemics need to be able to bring in water? We understand about them having maybe 1 or 2 small snacks for the rare emergency situation, but that would be something very small and simple and you really do not need water. Also, wouldn't you get out of line to get something to eat if you were doing that bad? Losing your spot in line would be worth it if you were slipping into a hypoglycemic state.

Diabetics have a high water demand and can easily get their electrolytes out of balance if they do not drink enough. As for the "wouldn't they get out of line if they were that bad" Heat and walking all day can easily depleat a diabetic/hypoglycemic very quickly, well before they realize it. I am a nurse also, and I can't tell you how many nearly pass out right in front of me, when two seconds before they were not symptomatic. And what if they needed to eat/drink right at peak lunch/dinner hours?
    SSSOOOOOO true! I'm a diabetic with good sugar control (with oral medication), but Saturday in the park, in line for Haunted Mansion, in the sunny muggy weather, I didn't feel so great all of a sudden. After my boyfriend gave me some water and sitting a couple minutes on the brick planter, and I was better. Once I got into the air-conditioned Mansion, I felt fine.

You often don't feel it coming on, but when you do get hypoglycemic, your brain is kind of "fuzzy" (that's the best way I can describe it). It may not occur to you that you're not okay, or to get out of line to get a snack, or even which way to the quickest food place. Having a snack with you is your best bet.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian
    Normal 80 proof Vodka, it wont happen like that. Stuff like Bacardi 151 (Flame arrester on the mouth of the bottle or 190 proof Everclear (illegal to sell in CA) yes, that stuff will catch fire easily. Of course, they both also stink to high hell and back...
    And you know this how?????

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• :)

Just start buying Dasani water when you go in the park, when they give you a hard time say you bought it the day before and put it in your refrig in the hotel or somethin :]

I bring TONS of stuff in when I go to Disneyland. Including water, Red Bull, coke, fruit snacks, pretzels, chips and candy. When my daughter was younger we would bring a mini cooler in filled with cokes. They have never ONCE said anything to us about bringing those things in.

Which brings me to another point. Why doesn't Disneyland sell Red Bull? Everytime someone sees me drinking one there, they ask me where I bought it. If Disneyland sold Red Bull, they could sell it for $5 a piece! I know I would buy it, and I'm sure alot of other parents would too!

• Life is Great!

i have never had a hard time bringing in stuff too. i try to stick with snacks and water/diet coke(lime and black cherry vanilla) I have been trying lately to stick with the brands they sell just to be nice. i also usually bring 1 peanut butter sandwich. this doesnt enable me to spend less money at the park, each visit i have a budget no matter what. if i bring some things in with me i can spend it on a more extravagant meal or souvenirs, if i dont all i can spend it on is cheap food(and not so tasty these days) i also bring more when i have the kids with me so i have water avail immediately and at least a few healthier snacks(to fortify in between corn dogs and other junk) i think as long as you dont flaunt it, that its ok.
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by SarahVilla
    Which brings me to another point. Why doesn't Disneyland sell Red Bull? Everytime someone sees me drinking one there, they ask me where I bought it. If Disneyland sold Red Bull, they could sell it for $5 a piece! I know I would buy it, and I'm sure alot of other parents would too!
    Eh, probably because of their agreement with Coke. I know they sell Rockstars backstage, though.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• pixie cutie

In regards to strollers, I recently visited six flags Marine World where
    there are areas to park strollers near major attractions. The parents
    park the strollers in a corral like area where an employee watches the strollers. After the event, the parents retrieve their strollers. It was
    organized and safe.

It would be great if Disneyland had special areas within each land
    for stroller parking.

On Thursday, I saw a family eating Little Ceasars pizza and crazy bread in Toontown! That's ridiculous! I know the pizza there sucks, but c'mon.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Tink Wink
    It would be great if Disneyland had special areas within each land
    for stroller parking.
    All the parks (including MK) do this in WDW

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Picard
    I love games, but I do believe Gameboys are really helping to increase the amount of ADD & ADHD in our kids.

Feh!
    ******now returning you to your regularly scheduled thread*****
    Sorry, Special Education Instructor (and a member of the ADHD With Impulsivity Club), here. And since one of my jobs in our County is to give Seminars on Understanding ADHD and It's Implications..I have to jump in.
    ADHD is a MEDICAL diagnosis. It is part of the PDD Spectrum and is a hair-breath's away from Asperger's. In fact, they can now do Brain Scans that literally "photograph" the affected areas of the brain that cause ADHD. (It's a congenital disorder...not one that comes about by too much TV, gameboys, etc.) The TV, gameboy, videogame, etc. myth is one of my pet peeves that teacher's fall back on regularly. So, had to jump in and clear it up .. (remember ..that Impulsivity Thing..well this is case in point LOL )

But, while the gameboys, etc do NOT lead to ADHD..what it does show is how spoiled rotten some of these kids are. I've also seen parents have to nudge them onto a ride. Also have seen "meltdowns" when they have to stop playing.

(So, while not picking on you, Princess Picard, just wanting to clear up a misconception... and also like you, I REALLY detest seeing those little screens in the Park)

OK off my SoapBox now...gotta go run around and move!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415