Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Actually, you just described my camping set-up!! Portable queen size bed frame with air mattress, comforter, sheets, bedside table, table lamp, inflatable 3-piece sofa/chair set, all in a 9-person cabin tent that "sleeps 2".

Oh, and I forgot to mention my solar-powered landscape lanterns, "welcome" mat and "flock" of six lawn flamingos.
    Awesome post Disneyphile...A true comic.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Awesome post Disneyphile...A true comic.
    And I will admit I would drag all that in a wagon if the campsite was farther than 100 feet away from the parking lot.

Or, if I couldn't bring a wagon on the trails, I'd have to hire a small team of pack mules.

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Why would you honestly bring toys into Disneyland?
    Disneyland sells toys. Those would be the only toys you'd see my kids with or packed in the underside of the stroller. Toys ROCK while waiting for the parade, fireworks, etc.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle
    Disneyland sells toys. Those would be the only toys you'd see my kids with or packed in the underside of the stroller. Toys ROCK while waiting for the parade, fireworks, etc.
    Buying toys at Disneyland is different from bringing toys from home as it sounds like that woman does when she comes to Disneyland.

Buying toys at Disneyland is different from bringing toys from home as it sounds like that woman does when she comes to Disneyland.
    Well, it doesn't matter. We bought our two sons those Blasters from the store next to Buzz. They only get them when we go to the park. So I'm bringing toys I bought at DL, back to DL.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374
    First of all, I think this is ridiculous and unless they thoroughly inspect every bag, people will still easily be able to sneak in their own food and water.

I just spoke with my co-worker who is also a nurse, has a diabetic daughter and is a Certified Diabetic Educator and she and I were wondering why diabetics and/or hypoglycemics need to be able to bring in water? We understand about them having maybe 1 or 2 small snacks for the rare emergency situation, but that would be something very small and simple and you really do not need water. Also, wouldn't you get out of line to get something to eat if you were doing that bad? Losing your spot in line would be worth it if you were slipping into a hypoglycemic state.

This also could turn into a situation similar to that of the Guest Assistance Card, where people ruin it for those that really need it by trying to cheat the system.
    They DO inspect every bag now. At least they inspected my bag everytime I went into the park in the last year.

I understand that you and your friend are nurses and that she has a diabetic daughter. But I can see that you and your friend have never actually felt the symptoms of a sugar low coming on. It can come on VERY suddenly. So suddenly in fact that getting out of line, walking all the way to a food location, standing in that line, waiting for the food to be given to you, finding a place to sit, etc...well, by that time you are in a coma. Not to mention that often you can't think clearly beyond "need food now!" So just leaving the line doesn't work very well.

The reason that diabetics need water is that you can easily get more dehydrated because of medications and also you may need to take oral medications. I don't know about you but I need water to swallow pills. Not only that, but perhaps you ate a few too many carbs or sugars and you are feeling a sugar high, water can actually dilute the sugar in your system somewhat.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by taylorta
    Since when should a childrens park, not cater to children? Kids get tired easily and what parent would spend money on a stroller rental if they have one already? So you worked with 5 year olds. 5 year olds don't need strollers!!!! Obviously you have no children. If you don't like going where kids are, don't go to Disneyland!
    Disneyland is a FAMILY park! NOT a children's park! Have you heard the sory about daddy and his two girls at the merry-go-round?

Now I probably fall under the category of paranoid. I can't see myself wanting to load up an UAV and then just park all of that stuff outside of an attraction while I'm inside for 45 minutes.

Those worried about water and needing supplies: get a CamelBak. Larger ones are full sized backpacks. And I've had CMs at each resort gladly bring out a pitcher of ice water to fill mine up for me. So even if you need a water bottle, why not get two liters for free?

I think the biggest problem with the strollers is how old so many of these kids are. Maybe Disney should raise the free age to four and only unpaid children may enter the park in a stroller. Want your ten year old to have one? Rent one.

• Banned User

You know I wouldn't care about this if water inside the Park was actually cheap to purchase.

$2.75 for a freakin' water bottle is utterly ridiculous and cruel.

They probably purchase a number of water bottle packages for under 30 cents.
    Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 06-09-2006 at 11:24 AM.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Thinking of all my camping stuff and how I'd haul it around, I now just thought of a brilliant idea - Disneyland needs to bring back the pack mules.

Rent-a-Mule would be available, and actually fit in with a lot of the theming, thus blending better with the environment, so they're not as noticeable. Seriously, instead of stroller parking, they can install hitching posts, and you can't tell me that'd be an "eyesore" in certain areas. The only place it wouldn't really fit in is in Tomorrowland, so they could have people park their mules on one of those nifty conveyor belt "dog walks" ala the Jetsons. No problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    I think the biggest problem with the strollers is how old so many of these kids are. Maybe Disney should raise the free age to four and only unpaid children may enter the park in a stroller. Want your ten year old to have one? Rent one.
    I pray in your lifetime that your children are born without special needs. Otherwise you will see things VERY differently. I'm not defending 10 year olds in strollers but not all kids can be without them either. Special needs strollers come in much larger sizes (up to adult size). While I may not be the majority (which you may have been referring to), I take offense to comments like these.

• Life is Great!

I do need my stroller for carrying things, diapers for both, wipes, powder, formula, bottles, changes of clothes for if a diaper leaks. these are things i dont want to have to go to a locker for. and i do bring a couple small baby toys for teething. also kids are getting bigger(taller) as the years go by. many kids are younger than you would think at first glance. my son just turned 3 but wears size 4-5 yr old clothes. I know he might not look like he needs a stroller but he is only 3. im going to prob have the same assumptions made about my daughter since she is tall too.
    {:
    Last edited by MAXandBELLESmom; 06-09-2006 at 11:29 AM.
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo
    They DO inspect every bag now. At least they inspected my bag everytime I went into the park in the last year.

I understand that you and your friend are nurses and that she has a diabetic daughter. But I can see that you and your friend have never actually felt the symptoms of a sugar low coming on. It can come on VERY suddenly. So suddenly in fact that getting out of line, walking all the way to a food location, standing in that line, waiting for the food to be given to you, finding a place to sit, etc...well, by that time you are in a coma. Not to mention that often you can't think clearly beyond "need food now!" So just leaving the line doesn't work very well.

The reason that diabetics need water is that you can easily get more dehydrated because of medications and also you may need to take oral medications. I don't know about you but I need water to swallow pills. Not only that, but perhaps you ate a few too many carbs or sugars and you are feeling a sugar high, water can actually dilute the sugar in your system somewhat.
    1. Well, I go to Disneyland approximatley every other week and 90% of
    the time they just glance in my bag and look at the top items. I could have ANYTHING hidden under my jacket that I place on top.

2. I did say that maybe you could bring a few small snacks to get you through those few times that when you are in a hypoglycemic state. I just read some of this thread to the nurses on our diabetic care unit (3 of which have diabetes) as well as an endocrinologist and they said that you would have a hard time proving something like this in court as you should be able to control your diabetes well enough to prevent thise sugar lows and that more importantly, with 1 or 2 small snacks you would be able to immediately remedy the problem. He actually spoke of a case he was involved in where the patient ws trying to sue a minor league ballpark because they were not allowed to bring in their own food. The ballpark was able to prove that they had many items available that would be appropriate for the patient to eat and even if they were expensive, they still were available and the ballpark got out of it.

I also would assume that you would state in an urgent voice what is going on in order to expedite the process of you getting to food.

3. As for the water, what is wrong with using the drinking fountains or buying water? Or maybe, in order to appease those that only want filtered water, they could make that available in the infirmary for taking medications.

Well as a mother of 16 mos. old I can honestly say that as much as she loves Disneyland and so do I. We need the stroller...she is too young to walk all day long and yes we do bring toys and *gasp* sometimes non-disney toys because at 16 mos. old she cannot go on every ride, so waiting for dad and brothers becomes a chore at times so if I have toys to keep her occupied and pass the time then great. The last thing I want is to irritate anyone else with her screaming and crying because she is bored! Our stroller isn't huge but it's not an umbrella stroller either and I will never visit Disneyland without it until she is fully capable of walking an entire day and not running off! I personally do not think for one second that Disney is going to ban strollers that is just asking for trouble. As for the food situation, I have never been denied access to the park because of food and we have brought just little snacks all the way to full blown picnic meals. I have never been told I needed to rent a locker for my food, now maybe I just got lucky or maybe it's just not as big of a deal as everyone thinks it is. This has been an interesting read and with that said I am taking my stoller and my child and her toys and some food and heading to the park.
    Heather

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nursemelis374
    3. As for the water, what is wrong with using the drinking fountains or buying water? Or maybe, in order to appease those that only want filtered water, they could make that available in the infirmary for taking medications.
    I can't believe you said that!!

Its just the simple fact Disney is even thinking up these blasphemy ideas - like no outside strollers or water - that just urks me.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, should have to be forced to PAY for water - its $2.75! If you have a family a four, and they ALL want water, that right there is eleven bucks.

If water was like $1.50 - than that is a bit more reasonable, but $2.75 is utterly ridiculous (especially for the teenage and college level people).

And drinking fountains? You know how FILTHY those are? Kids put their mouths on them, they cough on them, and some even spit in them. Hundreds use them daily - they are just a calling to get you sick.

Most people HATE using them, and I am one of those people. I rather get ripped off and waste $2.75 on a 16 ounce bottle of regular water.

Alright, enough ranting!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

A few thoughts:

It's called courtesy water; available anywhere fountain drinks are sold.

For the sake of argument(or to avoid them) lets just call strollers being used by special needs children older than 5 "wheelchairs"....

Who takes up more room in the park annually.....family of 4(with two children in a large suv stroller) who are visiting for 5 days or a couple without children visiting the park 50 to 60 times per year?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast