Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    this is not true. i have a child, but i do not believe in coddeling children. The last time she was in a stroller at the park she was 3 and we rented it there...from that point on she walked. We did not bring all kinds of things to entertain her in line. She learned how to deal with boredom or she entertained herself without annoying others. IMO...making everything sooo easy for children (dvd players in cars, toys in line, strolers when they can barely fit in them) is so the parent will not have to deal with the children.....of course I freely admit I'm a fairly strict parent.
    Bravo SCUBAbe! As Crush says, "You so totally rock!"

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the pa

is so the parent will not have to deal with the children.....
    If I didn't want to "deal with the children" I would have found them a sitter and gone without them. I bring things to help them (and me) have a good day. We have few enough of those around here so if they need a little snack or toy, so be it. I am also a fairly strict parent. I just have a different point of view.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle
    If I didn't want to "deal with the children" I would have found them a sitter and gone without them. I bring things to help them (and me) have a good day. We have few enough of those around here so if they need a little snack or toy, so be it. I am also a fairly strict parent. I just have a different point of view.
    yes, I can see that. I didn't have to bring things to help us have a good day, because my child knew better than to throw fits about not getting things she wanted. When she got tired she would sleep in the stroller or if we did not have a stroller we would go rest somewhere. She didn't act cranky about it. Of course this was consistant discipline on my part, because she was not allowed to behave badly at home either. So, when we did got out, anywhere, she knew how she was expected to behave. If I thought me telling her she could not have the mickey doll, or whatever, would cause her to misbehave we would NOT be in DL to begin with...at least not until I knew she would behave as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    They COULD, but I bet that they won't want to ban snacks, water or double strollers...or they will ultimately pay for it in attendance...which shouldl make some of you very happy. In either case, there would be no way to police against small snacks unless we want the security lines to get muuuuuch longer.

The comparison to a ball park in terms of both being private businesses is a good one, but doesn't work as well when you are looking at the amount of time you are there. Unless you go into extra innings, you are pretty much looking at 3 to 3.5 hours in a ballpark. With Disneyland, you're looking at an all day event...most of the time.

I DO agree, however, with the poster who objected to the side by side strollers. PARENTS....what exactly is the POINT of these?? When MY kids were in a stroller, the LAST thing I wanted is for those two little maniacs to be sitting SIDE BY SIDE!! WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING? And how do you maneuver these things? Our double stroller was front and back, and seemed to work fine.

But WHY was this? I'm thinking strollers in the 50's and early 60's didn't fold down into the back of the family buick. So....you left your little ones at home? I think 3 and 4 year old kids were just as cranky in the 50's, so something doesn't add up here. Maybe it's the hormones in milk...
    I don't know about everyone else, but in my family, after we turned three, we were no longer pushed around in a stroller. The 50's strollers didn't fold down, but those in the 60's did, but the strollers weren't gigantic. Remember the old Disneyland rentals? A lot of you probably don't but they were very unobtrusive and children over the age of 4 wouldn't have fit in them. I am so sick of seeing older children who should be walking, lounging in a stroller eating from one of those big bags of chips that Disneyland sells. And I hate seeing someone with a doublewide where they have a child in one side and all their "stuff" in the other. Wow, I really sound cranky, but those are my pet peeves. Another thing that is different is we ate three meals a day--my mom never even thought to bring fruit snacks or granola bars for us to snack on, yet we somehow survived. And as much as I enjoy a bottle of cold water--again how did we ever survive on tap water from drinking fountains without catching some dread disease?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Am I the only person who doesn't pay a bit of attention to other peoples children in strollers? I have never been hit with a stroller, I don't look into others strollers, I don't notice how old the kids in the strollers are.

I'm far to busy having a nice time at the park with my friends and family to notice petty crap like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Re: WARNING --- 2007, SPRING, No outside food, strollers or WATER brought into the park!

Here's another example....when my child was 4 we went to toms sawyers island. She ran away from us on the island. She was small so she ran on front of people and we got stuck behind the crowd. We could not find her for 20 minutes. This was BAD behavior. When we found her she was disciplined and we left the island. She was good the rest of the day, but I did not take her back on the island until she was 13....yes, I'm that strict!

yes, I can see that. I didn't have to bring things to help us have a good day, because my child knew better than to throw fits about not getting things she wanted. When she got tired she would sleep in the stroller or if we did not have a stroller we would go rest somewhere. She didn't act cranky about it. Of course this was consistant discipline on my part, because she was not allowed to behave badly at home either. So, when we did got out, anywhere, she knew how she was expected to behave. If I thought me telling her she could not have the mickey doll, or whatever, would cause her to misbehave we would NOT be in DL to begin with...at least not until I knew she would behave as expected.
    Well you are very lucky indeed. My kids aren't throwing fits but rather learning while we're waiting. I guess my situation is a bit unique from others though. I use whatever chance I get to encourage my sons to play. Sitting and waiting for a parade to start is a great chance for them to use some imaginative play skills. Even if they are just sitting there in the stroller or on the curb. They know not to bother others. But they are just as happy and content as any child sitting there quietly and waiting for the parade to start. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Am I the only person who doesn't pay a bit of attention to other peoples children in strollers? I have never been hit with a stroller, I don't look into others strollers, I don't notice how old the kids in the strollers are.

I'm far to busy having a nice time at the park with my friends and family to notice petty crap like this.
    I ahve never been hit and I ahve never hit anyone with a strolelr. The only time I notice kids in strolelrs is when they are crammed in there and can barely fit. On our last trip a family had there two kids...they must have been at least 8 or 9 in rented strollers. It caught my eye. because they really didn't fit in the strolelrs and they were old enough to walk. One was eating chips and the other was playing a gameboy....and yes we walk by and nudge each other and say somehting like , "that kid is way to old to be in a stroller...what a lazy parent...or what is that parent thinking..."...usually we notice when we are almost ran down by the stroller or when the strolelr is blocking the pathway...or when the kid is throwing a fit....this causes one attention to focus on the situation at hand.

Well you are very lucky indeed. My kids aren't throwing fits but rather learning while we're waiting. I guess my situation is a bit unique from others though. I use whatever chance I get to encourage my sons to play. Sitting and waiting for a parade to start is a great chance for them to use some imaginative play skills. Even if they are just sitting there in the stroller or on the curb. They know not to bother others. But they are just as happy and content as any child sitting there quietly and waiting for the parade to start. It's all good.
    yeah...I think thats what I said in not so many words. She either was bored or learned to entertain herself whiel not annoying others. We just didn't bring her toys from home or DVD players for her to entertain herself with...LOL,...she was allowed to pick out one item to purchase on our trip...usually at the end of the day.,...if she was good...

I ahve never been hit and I ahve never hit anyone with a strolelr. The only time I notice kids in strolelrs is when they are crammed in there and can barely fit. On our last trip a family had there two kids...they must have been at least 8 or 9 in rented strollers. It caught my eye. because they really didn't fit in the strolelrs and they were old enough to walk. One was eating chips and the other was playing a gameboy....and yes we walk by and nudge each other and say somehting like , "that kid is way to old to be in a stroller...what a lazy parent...or what is that parent thinking..."...usually we notice when we are almost ran down by the stroller or when the strolelr is blocking the pathway...or when the kid is throwing a fit....this causes one attention to focus on the situation at hand.
    Yes but why do you care? That's what I don't get. You don't know them or their situation. Are they lazy parents? Are they dealing with issues that you know nothing about? How on earth do you know and why would you care? We're all there just trying to have a good time. Enjoy the parks without judging so much.

• I'm your huckleberry.

On our last trip a family had there two kids...they must have been at least 8 or 9 in rented strollers. It caught my eye. because they really didn't fit in the strolelrs and they were old enough to walk. One was eating chips and the other was playing a gameboy....and yes we walk by and nudge each other and say somehting like , "that kid is way to old to be in a stroller...what a lazy parent...or what is that parent thinking..."...usually we notice when we are almost ran down by the stroller or when the strolelr is blocking the pathway...or when the kid is throwing a fit....this causes one attention to focus on the situation at hand.
    To each their own, but I really don't pay attention to what other people are doing unless its intruding in my physical space, they're making a scene, or their hair is dyed fuchia.

Why even bother yourself with what others do? Just enjoy the park and worry about yourself. That's my motto.

And why in gods name do we have to keep having these same stupid, asinine conversations about strollers? Nothing gets accomplished. Parents will make the decisions that they think are best for their family, regardless of weather someone is being judgemental and thinking they're a lazy parent because of it.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Yes but why do you care? That's what I don't get. You don't know them or their situation. Are they lazy parents? Are they dealing with issues that you know nothing about? How on earth do you know and why would you care? We're all there just trying to have a good time. Enjoy the parks without judging so much.
    I'm don't really care as long as they are not infringing on my enjoyment of the park, but they usually are...and I cannot approve of behavior I myself would never do. I do not go up and talk to the parents about how lazy I feel they are...nor do they notice the glances they get for the 3 seconds it takes to pass them...and they can not hear our conversations, but like it or not...while out in public you will get judged.

maybe you misundertand what I said....when we got to the oark we noticed the stroller with the older kids in it...it took about 3 to 5 seconds to pass them...yes we commented, but we did ot dwell on it all day and we were there for 2 days. You make it sound liek I walk around looking for stuff to talk **** about...nope...it happened once on our last trip, but we did notice them...maybe because they stopped right at the tunnel exit to read a map causing a huge traffic jam....IDK, but they sure were self aborbed...they did not even relaize what they were doing....

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• I'm your huckleberry.

IDK, but they sure were self aborbed...they did not even relaize what they were doing....
    Could they have been 1st time visitors and confused about where to go, or do they HAVE to be self absorbed to stop and look at a map?

Hell, I've seen a herd of MiceChatters stopping and blocking the pathway PLENTY of times. Of course we ARE self absorbed!

I'm don't really care as long as they are not infringing on my enjoyment of the park, but they usually are...and I cannot approve of behavior I myself would never do. I do not go up and talk to the parents about how lazy I feel they are...nor do they notice the glances they get for the 3 seconds it takes to pass them...and they can not hear our conversations, but like it or not...while out in public you will get judged.

maybe you misundertand what I said....when we got to the oark we noticed the stroller with the older kids in it...it took about 3 to 5 seconds to pass them...yes we commented, but we did ot dwell on it all day and we were there for 2 days. You make it sound liek I walk around looking for stuff to talk **** about...nope...it happened once on our last trip, but we did notice them...maybe because they stopped right at the tunnel exit to read a map causing a huge traffic jam....IDK, but they sure were self aborbed...they did not even relaize what they were doing....
    It still strikes me as odd that you would even give them 3 seconds of your time or care one bit what they had in their rented strollers.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast