Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool DCA's next ride... CARS!!!

OK, OK, OK... so maybe I'm jumping the gun a little bit here by assuming that the next BIG attraction at DCA will be a "Test Track" style Cars themed ride but seriously, it's been talked about for ages and now that the film is on the eve of it's release, could you have ever expected it to be anything but a huge smash hit?

Sure, I haven't seen the film yet myself but I do hold faith it will become the biggest and best thing yet to be released by Disney/Pixar to date. If it does turn out to be such a success, Disney would be mad not to capitilise further on the venture - A DCA Cars Ride would be just the thing to boost DCA's profile - not to mention the movie's!

I guess we'll have to wait and see but that's my prediction as I am sure it would be many of your's too
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

Re: DCA's next ride... CARS!!!

It was good. Wouldn't call it their biggest or best though. If they want to change DCA to Disney's Pixar Adventure, I am really fine with it. Bust just do it. Don't have all these half done themes and lands with things shoved in.

They have a CARS ride in the works. It is a double version of the test track ride in Orlando. The ride was shelved at least temporarily when Disney and Pixar merged. John Lassetter will over see everything. The next ride is a dark ride over on the pier and the one after that is "The Incredibles" which should be an awesome ride.

• Neep meep beep

As I mentioned in another thread on this site, Cars was a "relative disappointment", box office wise, and some are blaming that on the fact that it only appeals to young males (I disagree). It may not have the box office to become a ride.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Hmm coulda sworn if Cars went in anywhere it would be autopia, but who knows now. Maybe I'll be the newest addition to Disney's Pixar Adventure.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i personally would rather see , a "woodys Roundup" darkride / shooting gallery ( like buzz) in ParadisePier before a Cars ride , the woodys roundup ride would atleast somewhat fit the theme of the pier , the carnival game you go into type of thing going on , is the cars ride supposed to go on the pier??

My Maleficent tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlienz
    They have a CARS ride in the works. It is a double version of the test track ride in Orlando. The ride was shelved at least temporarily when Disney and Pixar merged. John Lassetter will over see everything. The next ride is a dark ride over on the pier and the one after that is "The Incredibles" which should be an awesome ride.
    Actually the one in the pier is on hold now. Incredibles could be the next thing

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    As I mentioned in another thread on this site, Cars was a "relative disappointment", box office wise, and some are blaming that on the fact that it only appeals to young males (I disagree). It may not have the box office to become a ride.
    Most women that I've talked to thought the movie was "cute", but they missed easily the majority of jokes since they were car related. My dad and I had a good time guessing what brands each car was, and the tuner scene was so true I laughed till I cried. All that Carbon Fiber! (See, most people slipped right past that...)

CARS could make a cool attraction I guess, but I'm not holding my breath or anything.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

All in favor of a CARS attraction replacing Mullholland Madness and that area, say "aye!"

Aye!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    All in favor of a CARS attraction replacing Mullholland Madness and that area, say "aye!"

Aye!

AYE!

"Look like a Cadillac, sting like a Beamer!"

"Ka-chow!"

"This guy!"

•   
    • Minion

Nope... I think Disney is happy with the 60 million opening... The differance was only 10 million, and it was due to a longer than average film length of 116 minutes rather than the normal 90 minutes... This is a LONG animated feature... Those 26 minutes will cause theatres to pull one screening out of an average day...

The real question is how well it will perform this weekend...

And at 60 million for an opening, Cars STILL performed better than Chicken Little or the Wild. And it performed better than Dreamworks Over the Hedge...

What investors are looking at is that, by the numbers, it didn't perform as well as Ice Age: The Meltdown... But then again, less screenings, because IA was a 90 minute movie...
    Last edited by cellarhound; 06-14-2006 at 09:59 AM.
    Check out my other blog:

If it's going into DCA it should inhabit those two unused buildings by Monsters Inc. You know the old Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Play It! and that resteraunt ( I can't remember what it was called) It's the one behind the that Coke Cola desplay. That who space would be great for the next E-Ticket.

I still think there should be a transportation type ride that goes from one side of the park to the other. OH! or maybe over the lake. Like the old buckets. That would fit in with the old carnival rides, Yes?

• Drunk On Disney

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Nope... I think Disney is happy with the 60 million opening... The differance was only 10 million, and it was due to a longer than average film length of 116 minutes rather than the normal 90 minutes... This is a LONG animated feature... Those 26 minutes will cause theatres to pull one screening out of an average day...
    FYI: The Incredibles was only 1 minute shorter than Cars and made $10 million more on opening weekend.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

• Minion

Sorry, but I don't see how it can be a disappointment at the box office when it was #1 for the weekend. Yes, maybe a disappointment when it comes to money brought in. But it was the number 1 film for the weekend. Compare it to Omen, which opened on Tuesday three days earlier, and only came in at #4.

The probable bottom line, with a lull between blockbusters X-Men and Superman, and no big draw to the theaters, the families had an easy time at the box office this past weekend.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    Hmm coulda sworn if Cars went in anywhere it would be autopia, but who knows now. Maybe I'll be the newest addition to Disney's Pixar Adventure.
    Cars has a sort of link, to the autopia. At least from my perspective anyways.

Is it me, or do the characters in the movie Cars have any similiarity to the cars in the Chevron with Techron commercials? If I didn't know any better, I'd say that the movie might have been sorta inspired by the commercials.

And how is that linked to the Autopia, you ask?

When they revamped the autopia, they did it with a Chevron theme, I believe being sponsored by Chevron gas. Although they're still lawnmowers shaped like cars, you can still go through the line at DL's autopia and see the lil chevron cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast