•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Party of need transportation LAX to Disneyland Resort

We are a party of 6, 2 adults and 4 children. We have never traveled to Disneyland before. We know all about the Super Shuttle and the Airport Bus. We were wondering if anyone has ever hired a limousine from the airport? Since the shuttle would cost us about $180 total, we were wondering if we could possibly get a towncar for that price. Has anyone ever hired a towncar or limo from the airport? How much do they charge to go that distance?

So basically we would appreciate any lead anyone might have on limos or towncars that would take us from the LAX airport to the Hilton Anaheim Hotel. We are willing to pay as much as $180 round trip. Thanks
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• insufferable know-it-all

For that kind of money, seriously consider renting a minivan. Getting to DL from LAX: follow signs to 405N-10W-5S, get off at Disneyland Drive. Conversely, take 405S-91E-5S.
    Party of 6 on Super Shuttle will cost a fortune. Getting a limo is almost definitely going to be a better bet. Check LAX's website, there's probably info on some services there.
    But with that many, seriously check out car rental.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Minion

Yet another alternate route from LAX to DL: 105E - 605S - 91E - 5S
    There are carpool lanes the whole way on this one, I like it. Once I get in the carpool lane on the 91E, I feel like I'm home free because there's a carpool exit to the 5S and then a carpool exit to Disneyland Dr. The 405N and 10W don't currently have any for the sections you'd be covering. The 91 doesn't quite reach the 405 in the freeway sense, so you'd be going on the surface street for a bit in between, kinda slows you down. Anyway, my general rule for LA: avoid the 405 at all costs, that thing's terrible. My 2 pennies.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries
    We do not want to drive. Two mothers traveling with 4 children. We know the shuttles are 30 dollars per person. We were just hoping that a limo, or towncar, round trip would be cheaper.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Shakers
    There are carpool lanes the whole way on this one, I like it. Once I get in the carpool lane on the 91E, I feel like I'm home free because there's a carpool exit to the 5S and then a carpool exit to Disneyland Dr. The 405N and 10W don't currently have any for the sections you'd be covering. The 91 doesn't quite reach the 405 in the freeway sense, so you'd be going on the surface street for a bit in between, kinda slows you down. Anyway, my general rule for LA: avoid the 405 at all costs, that thing's terrible. My 2 pennies.
    The 405 in LA is a hell of a lot better than the 5 in LA if you ask me!!

On the 405, going North OR South, once you get away from LAX traffic, it's much better than the five, which is generally blocked from Commerce all the way up through the city!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

RIght you are about that 5 mel, I friggin hate driving down there as my whole trip is on 5, and it's usually backed up from santa clarita all the way to buena park when I come!!!!! My solution, fly into Orange instead if it's an option. Much less crowded of an airport and only 13 miles away.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    The 405 in LA is a hell of a lot better than the 5 in LA if you ask me!!
    It's only a few miles on The 5 from The 91 to DLr.

• Rock Star Minion

For six passengers, I don't know if a limo can handle all that (unless it's a stretch, and that's extra).
    Limo is good, since it picks you up and no one else, and it takes you to your hotel and nowhere else. These perks are well worth the extra cost, if there is any.
    There are tons of limo services online.

• Senior Minion

Alas, Barbaraann doesn't want to drive. And with that many munchkins who could be tired from the flight and excited about seeing Mickey, and everything else, who can blame her?

I know there must be some sort of "town car" service that won't set you back that kind of money; unfortunately, I'm "up north", and can't be of much help. Have you tried contacting the hotel and seeing if they have any suggestions? Or a quick search through Expedia, or the LAX website? They might have some lists you could check into before you land.

Let us know what you find out!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    We do not want to drive. Two mothers traveling with 4 children. We know the shuttles are 30 dollars per person. We were just hoping that a limo, or towncar, round trip would be cheaper.
    Not to worry!

They have shuttle busses that will take you from LAX to your hotel.
    They are vans actually, and it costs about 30.00 or so. But we use them from John Wayne airport all the time, and really like it.
    They will let you arrange to be picked up also.
    When you land, and get your luggage, these vans, or a sign will give you the info.

I am so sorry!, Imust have skipped over what you said about shuttle in your post! :o
    Last edited by travelmom; 04-15-2005 at 11:03 AM.

Slightly off-topic, but this is what they should do with the Peoplemover, or at least the monorail! Talk about easy access from the airport to the resort!

Maybe Eisner could ante up the green to move the airport closer?

Okay. I'm done now.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Minion

I did a little research and found you can get a limo for up to 10 people from LAX to Anaheim for around $60 an hour depending on weekday or weekend and that doesn't include the driver's tip.

Considering the traffic and time of day you are arriving/departing, I'd figure a minimum of two hours each way.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Shakers
    Since I had to drive this all the time last year, I know that the car pool lane ends at the 105/605 exchange. You have to get out of the car pool lane at the end of the 105, get into the far right hand land and get onto the 605 south. Go down a few miles to the 91, head east. On the 91 you can get back onto the car pool lane of the 91 and it has a car pool to car pool transition to the 5. Once on the 5 there is a car pool lane exit for Disneyland.

using the car pool lanes you can get there in about an hour. NOT using the car pool lane can take closer to two at peak rush hour.

Hope that helps everyone.