Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: The 50th Ends in October ... WHERE IS MR. LINCOLN?

I love the current show, but my daughter will be horribly disappointed if Lincoln doesn't come back. She's Lincoln-obsessed, and this used to be one of her favorite attractions!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces
    Why don't they just do it during the peak period holidays, especially if there won't be anything else going on.

I don't remember it last Holidays peak period. The only way I'll (and a lot of other people) will get to see it, is if they bother having it up and running during the Holidays.

They've got a couple of months between the end of the 50th and the peak Holiday period.

What is the sense of waiting till after the Holidays, when it's off season, and nobody will be able to view it ?????
    A couple of months? Try a few weeks. The winter season gets into full swing right around Veterans' Day, in early November. That's barely over a month. The Opera House was closed for around three months to switch to the current show. Assuming that Donald and Steve's replacement is ready to go immediately, the switch in the fall should take about the same amount of time. That would mean that early January would be the soonest you could expect a reopening. If it takes them a little longer to figure out what show they're doing, it could be later. I would kind of like to see Lincoln return on President's Day, but that might just be me.

There's also the possibility that, if the staffing woes continue, they'd delay Lincoln's return past the holidays in order to use the Opera House cast (small as it is) on other attractions or guest control, where we'll be needed much more badly, even if they could get the show ready in a matter of a few weeks. As I said before, sad as it may be, our attraction's just not that important in the grand scheme of things.

And Druggas, I sincerely love you.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

At the risk of being called a fuddy-duddy, (all right go ahead) - I'd love to see the complete return, with some new technology, of Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln Including the Walt Disney Story.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• I was deleted.

I remember reading in MiceChat news directly from Marty Sklar that guests and fans should have no fear, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln will come back.

Check out this thread, Lincoln is coming back!
    which quotes the MC news thread - Disneymaniac make a faithful following (Monorail Man has since changed the url direction)

Sklar wants to assure Disneymaniacs that the animatronic version of Abraham Lincoln that has been temporarily retired to make room for the new "Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years" presentation, will return following the 18-month celebration.

The fact that a Disneyland legend such as Sklar even knew that Disneymaniacs were worried about Mr. Lincoln's eviction is a testament to the growing influence they have on Disneyland policy -- something that only became possible with the emergence of the Internet.

Now tens of thousands of Disneymaniacs communicate regularly in Web forums about topics such as their annoyance over a burned out light bulb on Main Street to alleged attempts by Disneyland to retire old Abe.
    So... Hakuna Matata? I sure hope so!

• Banned User

Marty Sklar's words don't mean squat.

The original Lincoln show could be returned (the most recent version) simply be redecorating the theater and swapping the film.

It would be easy enough to have the Lincoln show going and then drop the screen in front of it a few times a day and show the new Steve Martin movie (after all, Mr. Lincoln is just behind it on the stage--or at least he should be).

This is an important attraction--important not only for nostalgic reasons but because Walt Disney believed that his park should educate as well as entertain.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Really? That's interesting.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_Sklar:

Martin A. "Marty" Sklar is The Walt Disney Company's international ambassador for Walt Disney Imagineering, the subisdary of the company which designs and constructs the Disney theme parks and resorts across the world. Sklar was formerly vice president of concepts and planning for the company, before being promoted to president, and then eventually taking the position of vice chairman and principal creative executive of the company before his current role.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

After seeing the "Hall of Presidents" in WDW, I would absolutely love to see the Opera House go thru a major rehab after the 50th and produce the HOP, west coast version.
    The only problem that I see with it, is that the stage in Florida is substantially larger than Disneylands Opera House. Having said that, It would make sense to "tweak" whatever goes in after the 50th.
    The Opera House is a large venue and it can "eat" alot of people, which would be good for Disneylands capacity. The more people you can hide in attractions and show buildings, the more people you can let thru the front gates.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

I personally think (in my anything-is-possible imagination!) that they should move Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln to a new street coinsiding with Main Street called Liberty Street and turn the attraction there into a Hall of Presidents, but add in Lincoln as a memory to Walt and the World's Fair (he would be the main focus). So it would be called The Hall Of Presidents featuring "Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln." Now that's one long title!

I would turn the Opera House into a museum/musical sort of thing.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Bring back Mr. Lincoln. It's one of the shows that has defined the park for over forty years and is a great homage to Walt himself.

I was kinda hoping they would do something constructive with this space. Idea 1: Rebuild theatre behind current facade that stretches into backstage area. This be the new stage venue for the park, opens up Fantasyland Theatre to be used for attractions.

Idea 2: Change it into the Main Street Museum and have guests take a ride through America's history. You see Jamestown, signing of Declaration of Indepedence, Davey Crockett, the Civil War, Industrial Revolution, the war years, and I would end it with "the age of dreams" with AA's and soundclips from Walt Disney, Martin Luther King, JFK, and other visionaries. This would bring the first real ride to any Mainstreet and it would most certainly fit the theme, and it deffinately educates as well.

Idea 3: An attraction such as American Sings.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango
    I was kinda hoping they would do something constructive with this space. Idea 1: Rebuild theatre behind current facade that stretches into backstage area. This be the new stage venue for the park, opens up Fantasyland Theatre to be used for attractions.

Idea 2: Change it into the Main Street Museum and have guests take a ride through America's history. You see Jamestown, signing of Declaration of Indepedence, Davey Crockett, the Civil War, Industrial Revolution, the war years, and I would end it with "the age of dreams" with AA's and soundclips from Walt Disney, Martin Luther King, JFK, and other visionaries. This would bring the first real ride to any Mainstreet and it would most certainly fit the theme, and it deffinately educates as well.

Idea 3: An attraction such as American Sings.
    7 words: Insane crowds would clog DL's entrance up

• Minion

Blog Entries

i will admit when i was a kid, i HATED GM i dreadd going because it meant i was missing out on something more exciting or fun, but as i got older, my thoughts got more mature and i wanted to see it.

when we went last time i got sad that it wasn't there, i don' think the park is the same without it, its a little dose of history that i think needs to stay, not just cause it's GM but also because it's a Walt thing, as much as he respected the president, why should we just throw him to the way side in the park that Walt himself created....

just my words

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Actually, they did. There was a sign up when they were revamping the theatre for what's there now.
    I meant when they announced the changes/new promotion. I know they said it when they did the change over for the 50th.

• a beautiful wreck

Ok.. so.. how bout a Mr Lincoln Holiday overlay..

or.. when will they add the loop?

(sorry.. at work on a saturday and decided to be silly or something )
    tick tock tick tock madness comes tonight
    what's reality compared to me
    I rest on the bed and I'm sure I slowly get mad
    I'm in a state of mind which makes me blind
    for the fact that I'm a man
    I'm here to stay forever but not today

--
    Timekiller - Project Pitchfork

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast