Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

The 50th Ends in October ... WHERE IS MR. LINCOLN?

With all the 50th anniversary doodads coming to an end in October, the silence regarding the promised return of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln is deafening.
    Has anyone heard anything at all regarding the return of the great man?

• That's Hawt

Re: The 50th Ends in October ... WHERE IS MR. LINCOLN?

Lincoln is gone. At least, that's my feeling. I think Disney has used this as an opportunity to retire the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

i say keep the recent show right now. or maybe a "Great Moments With Mr. Disney" show.
    Last edited by gOLDEN bLUE; 06-09-2006 at 05:24 PM.

• Basking in birthday love

The reason the silence has probably been deafening is that we're not nearly an E-ticket attraction, so no one cares. Our work orders go neglected for months (one of the America Sings pictures has been peeling away from its base since March, still no sign of it getting fixed), our equipment gets poached by higher-profile attractions, and we're constantly battling to keep our counts up to even justify our existence.

But if you haven't heard anything, you're apparently not one of the people I get roughly twice per show, asking about Mr. Lincoln. (Or occasionally Hall of the Presidents, which is a WDW attraction.) Our standard response is that Mr. Lincoln will be returning early next year, but we don't know when or in what form. It is not, as some have suggested, as though we can close down the current show on October 1st and reopen with Mr. Lincoln on October 3rd. Expect a downtime of at least a month, and probably more; I'm not anticipating seeing Opera House reappear on my schedule after the closure until after the holidays. Also expect that the buzz from Nemo, the Space overlay, and the silly Year of a Million Dreams promotion to drown out any possible noise about Mr. Lincoln, leaving whatever returns to that location to be promoted in its usual way: sitting quietly, patiently at the end of Main Street, waiting for guests to wander up and wonder exactly what it is.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Has anyone heard anything at all regarding the return of the great man?

Who cares?

I'd rather see an empty building than that old animatronic POS.
    The only thing, until the 50th, that the opera house has been
    good for in the last 15-20 years is getting out of the cold at night!

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by MSEPLightningBug
    Who cares?

I'd rather see an empty building than that old animatronic POS.
    The only thing, until the 50th, that the opera house has been
    good for in the last 15-20 years is getting out of the cold at night!
    Paul Pressler? Is that you? j/k, pls don't take offense. I care. It's one of the few things left that actually pay homage to American history, and is untouched by having a movie tie-in. Though, now that I said that, some TDA exec is probably saying, "I know, why don't we have Woody meet Mr. Lincoln?"

• Banned User

Wait.. isn’t a Lincoln movie in the pipe line for a few years.. J/K (Bad joke i know)

I would wonder would they return it.. Since it's been said it didn't always get good attendance records...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Oh ye of little faith!

In Matt we trust.

I believe the guy when he says that Lincoln is going to be back. He isn't old management.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Just because they didn't SPECIFICALLY say that Mr. Lincoln is returning, does not mean it's not. They have said the 50th is coming to an end and the current movie/display is part of the 50th.

• For You!

To be honest, I have never seen the Mr. Lincoln show. But I think adding Walt as an animatronic would be pretty cool.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Bring back Lincoln....but not the most recent rendidtion. I want the Lincoln of the late 1980s tyvm.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista
    Just because they didn't SPECIFICALLY say that Mr. Lincoln is returning, does not mean it's not. They have said the 50th is coming to an end and the current movie/display is part of the 50th.
    Actually, they did. There was a sign up when they were revamping the theatre for what's there now.

• Hooterville, USA

I love the Opera House and the CM's that work there! One of my favorite places to go.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak

The reason the silence has probably been deafening is that we're not nearly an E-ticket attraction, so no one cares. Our work orders go neglected for months (one of the America Sings pictures has been peeling away from its base since March, still no sign of it getting fixed), our equipment gets poached by higher-profile attractions, and we're constantly battling to keep our counts up to even justify our existence.

But if you haven't heard anything, you're apparently not one of the people I get roughly twice per show, asking about Mr. Lincoln. (Or occasionally Hall of the Presidents, which is a WDW attraction.) Our standard response is that Mr. Lincoln will be returning early next year, but we don't know when or in what form. It is not, as some have suggested, as though we can close down the current show on October 1st and reopen with Mr. Lincoln on October 3rd. Expect a downtime of at least a month, and probably more; I'm not anticipating seeing Opera House reappear on my schedule after the closure until after the holidays. Also expect that the buzz from Nemo, the Space overlay, and the silly Year of a Million Dreams promotion to drown out any possible noise about Mr. Lincoln, leaving whatever returns to that location to be promoted in its usual way: sitting quietly, patiently at the end of Main Street, waiting for guests to wander up and wonder exactly what it is.
    Why don't they just do it during the peak period holidays, especially if there won't be anything else going on.

I don't remember it last Holidays peak period. The only way I'll (and a lot of other people) will get to see it, is if they bother having it up and running during the Holidays.

They've got a couple of months between the end of the 50th and the peak Holiday period.

What is the sense of waiting till after the Holidays, when it's off season, and nobody will be able to view it ?????

it'd be nice for them to add Lincoln back perhaps in his origional form or maybe in a Hall of Presidents type experience but I'm not sure

the attraction does suffer from being unnoticed

maybe they should do something to accentuate the Opera house and seperate it a bit from it's surroundings to that guests might be enticed to enter and see the attraction

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast