Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bad experiences with CM's?

I've been to DLR many times since I was young. I only had a bad experience one time. It was after Fantasmic or the fireworks or something,not sure which because it was a few years ago. I apparently went the wrong direction while they were directing traffic. It was somewhere on mainstreet to the left of the castle. I was following my Dad and next thing I new a CM had grabbed onto my arm and was firmly pulling me back. Not knowing what was going on or that it was a CM I actually raised my fist in case I needed it for some reason. I came to a stop and he still did not let go of my arm. I let him know that he needed to let go or there would be problems. (That's the polite version) Needless to say I was extremely upset. I still wanted to punch the guy. I didn't complain or anything because that was the only time anything like that had happened and was sure from his reaction that it wouldn't be happening again. Anyone got a story of their own? Please don't turn this into a "bash the CM's thread" We all know that without them we wouldn't have DL and most of the time they are amazing.

• no flash photography...

Re: Bad experiences with CM's?

I've had experiences that made me raise an eyebrow or think hmmmm ok?, but tnothing that I would say was bad and we usually laugh it off later.

• Dancer

I was at Disney Land last year and my friend and i wanted to see belle..yes well talk about an unhappy Belle. She rolled her eyes and when a child's mother wanted a picture she gave the fakest smile in the world. I have never encountered such an unpleasent Belle...but Disney's much better than that we all know that!
    ~To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best.~

~Come on Cubbies!!!~

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDancer
    I was at Disney Land last year and my friend and i wanted to see belle..yes well talk about an unhappy Belle. She rolled her eyes and when a child's mother wanted a picture she gave the fakest smile in the world. I have never encountered such an unpleasent Belle...but Disney's much better than that we all know that!
    Heh, I wonder if that's the same Belle from 6 years ago, who I walked by in the backstage area and was cussing out her boyfriend on her cellphone. I know they're people too, but it did make an interesting sight.

• Don't mess with the duck!

I guess I've been incredibly lucky. In all the times I've been to DL, I've never had one bad experience. In fact, most CM's have gone out of their way to be incredibly helpful (outside of their normal job duties) and have been ever so cheery. A big part of the magic for me.

• Dancer

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI
    Heh, I wonder if that's the same Belle from 6 years ago, who I walked by in the backstage area and was cussing out her boyfriend on her cellphone. I know they're people too, but it did make an interesting sight.
    haha great...the generations just keep getting worse and worse and far as caring about our appearence in public

~Come on Cubbies!!!~

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck
    I guess I've been incredibly lucky. In all the times I've been to DL, I've never had one bad experience. In fact, most CM's have gone out of their way to be incredibly helpful (outside of their normal job duties) and have been ever so cheery. A big part of the magic for me.
    Your experience matches mine. OK... sometimes the food service CMs can be tediously slow, but maybe that's not really their fault.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

On Grad Nite, before my boyfriend and I were going to leave the park, we wanted to try to get some hot chocolate. We had Stage Door Cafe closed in our faces.

• Don't mess with the duck!

I admit that I've also encountered some slow times in food lines, but only when they were understaffed. Still great service, though.

• Dancer

Aside from that one time...especially when i went to dance at WDW...the CMs there were amazingly nice and they pretty much waited on everyone's hand and foot so i guess Disney just has some bad picks

~Come on Cubbies!!!~

• 'splosions

one time when i was working with some new kids at Scream Cam, i watched one of them sell a picture where a girl had lifted her top to reveal her bra.

i jumped in and told the girl that she cant have the picture and refunded her money then asked the CM what he was doing.

he figured since the picture got through the Edit Room that it was ok to sell, so i called the ER...no answer...the guy was asleep when i went back there to check on him

that's my bad experiance with CM's

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

The people who run the trains seem to be the most stressed. The main street ones are better, but those at New Orleans need a cookie and a time out. We had a stroller with many many things packed in the lower compartments. We took it on, we bothered no one and this CM ordered us off the train. She did not tell us to close it or speak tp us....what's the word..........oh yes.... like human beings. We told her that there was too much in there but we collapsed it as per her orders and everthing fell out, spilling all over the place and off the train as well. We delayed the train for about 5 minutes as we put it all back together. She walked away pretending not to hear the entire trainload of guests telling her we were right.

Well I've often tried asking the parking people why they fill the outside parking lot first, and was just ignored. Maybe they can't say and couldn't come up with a better way to dodge the question. who knows?

It also bugs me when there is no one coming through the fastpass line but the CM still holds the standbye line while waiting for someone to come through the FP line. This is probably a rule though, and not just a CM being a jerk or incompetent.

On the other hand, one time I was the first person at the end of the standby line waiting to go into the actual Space Mountain building. While letting all of the fastpass people in, the FP monitor, who had been a CM for ages, shared some great stories and carried on a great conversation with my sister and I. It really made the whole annoying waiting in the standby line watching the FP guests go by thing much much better.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Most of the CMs I have encountered over the years have been wonderful; the ones that were not left no bad impressions.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Most all of the cast members I've met are nice and do a great job to make my visits to Disneyland unforgettable. The only bad cast member that I ever met was the one that resisted me when I robbed him at gunpoint in the cast parking lot. Of course nothing ever came of it, for as Davy Jones says, dead men tell no tales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast