Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Pieces of Eight now open!

Pieces of Eight is now open!

The shop is now completely re-themed with a new "Captain Quarters" theme and its really really nice!

I took a load of pictures but later in the evening I was going through the pictures and accidentally hit the "Delete All" option and away the pictures went. I stopped the process in time to save one picture and if its worth posting when I see it on my computer when I get home, I'll post it... But I wouldn't count on it.

Sorry about the technical difficulties, but I don't think the pictures would have done the store justice anyway.

Be sure you check out the themeing of the cashier area. The whole counter is themed quite nicely as an old piano. Really nicely done.

The first side entrance to the store that you could enter through as you were exiting Pirates is now completely sealed shut and there's now a window in its place, and it creates a new little area for more merchandise floorspace.

There is only one disappointment with the newly redesined store: Fortune Red is no longer there. And it doesn't seem like he'll be returning - there's simply no space for him unless they take out some of the new shelves.

Also, the walkway between Pieces of Eight and Le Bat En Rouge now sports a more permanent merchandise set-up and cashier area. Colorful banners and Jolly Roger flags shade the courtyard.

I really wish I had all of the pictures for you guys, but unfortunately they were lost.

I might be going back soon so I'll snap some photos then.

Also, as a side note - Cafe Orleans which has been rumored to open today is still surrounded by construction walls. I did see a CM (I'm thinking he was a chef) walk in through a side door, so I'm guessing they're getting ready to open soon.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Senior Minion

Re: Pieces of Eight now open!

Great to hear it's open and in the finishing stages. Sorry to hear you lost the pics. All the more reason to head back right? Sad to see Fortune Red go.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 06-10-2006 at 01:23 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• I was deleted.

Arg! So much money being spent on themeing a store? I know it needs to be themed, but I don't like it being such a priority.

Can't wait to see pictures...

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Awwww man!! Missed it by a day! Oh well.

Sorry you lost your photos MG!
    <o>

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Arg! So much money being spent on themeing a store? I know it needs to be themed, but I don't like it being such a priority.

Can't wait to see pictures...
    You are kidding, right?

Why is it all of a sudden bad for Disney to put care and themeing into everything? Why shouldn't store themeing be a priority? I doubt the re-themeing of the shop affected the budget of the Pirate refurb, Rock it Mountain, Nemo Subs or anything else going on at the Resort right now...

Damned if they do, damned if they don't, huh?
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-10-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    There is only one disappointment with the newly redesined store: Fortune Red is no longer there. And it doesn't seem like he'll be returning - there's simply no space for him unless they take out some of the new shelves.
    Thanks for the update MasterGracey and sorry about the photo mishap. It's the thought that counts and we appreciate you thinking of all us MiceChatters that can't experience the magic firsthand

I do have a question and will expose my sad lack of Disneyland detail knowledge as I have to ask who Fortune Red is. I remember the original store quite well but for some reason cannot place who/what you are talking about. Little help?

• Head Salesman

Fortune Red is a mechanical pirate machine that would tell you your fortune.

Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• All you need is LOVE

I cant wait to see new store thanks for sharing

• the F.O.D. solution.

OK, you know when you've heard a song for years but never quite made out what some of the lyrics were and then you hear the song on the radio and the lyrics suddenly come clear? Well, here's an illustration of my lameness... after all these years I finally got the "joke" of "Fortune Red"...a play on words...red/read....clever. I'm just a little slow and wanted to brag about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    Fortune Red is a mechanical pirate machine that would tell you your fortune.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Checking it out through its front window the other day looked terrific. So much roomier and quite well-themed. This particular "store" is probably one of the best examples in the DLR of creating the illusion of being an extension of the ride/attraction experience. The perfect blend of impulse buy for those having just stepped off the POTC and a cool shop to browse and buy in.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

DOH! Who's going today with a camera?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by DCACM
    OK, you know when you've heard a song for years but never quite made out what some of the lyrics were and then you hear the song on the radio and the lyrics suddenly come clear? Well, here's an illustration of my lameness... after all these years I finally got the "joke" of "Fortune Red"...a play on words...red/read....clever. I'm just a little slow and wanted to brag about it.
    lol, uh, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't get the joke until I just read your post, and I went to the guy every trip >_<

Darn, I hope they maybe moved him into that other Pirates store that's going to open up. It's my tradition to always get my "fortune red" by the scallywag. He was usually on the money with me, too

But I'm glad to hear that they really put effort into the upgrade. Can't wait to see pictures! And thanks for your hard work, MasterGracey!

• Again! Again! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    That's a MAJOR disappointment! I love Fortune Red! Maybe if we request and/or complain, they will bring him back.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

How about the Pirate Coin machine???? Has that machine come back???

• Don't mess with the duck!

Thanks for the update, I can't wait to see the revamped shop. Sorry about the loss of your pictures, I'm always paranoid about that happening to me (as it has happened before). I'm hoping they'll move Fortune Red in another shop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast