Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm going to Disneyland

Brer Bear and Brer Fox sighting

As you can tell by my name (yes I know I spelled rabbit wrong, I registered at 2AM one night). But I've been a AP for 5 years now and the only charcter I've seen is Brer Rabbit but during the parade. But yesterday I finally saw Brer Bear and Brer Fox, I did not bring my camera so I was really bummed I was not able to get a picture of them. But does anyone know when these charcters come out.

• no flash photography...

Re: Brer Bear and Brer Fox sighting

Quote Originally Posted by BrerRabit77
    As you can tell by my name (yes I know I spelled rabbit wrong, I registered at 2AM one night). But I've been a AP for 5 years now and the only charcter I've seen is Brer Rabbit but during the parade. But yesterday I finally saw Brer Bear and Brer Fox, I did not bring my camera so I was really bummed I was not able to get a picture of them. But does anyone know when these charcters come out.
    hi...I used to live in Glendora...( I was reading your location)

Are these the characters? They were out around 11am to 12 pm waving at the columbia as it went by.

• I'm going to Disneyland

Yeah that's them, becuase of the "politics" of the movie, "Song of the South has been banned from the U.S. since 1985. But I have a copy of love the movie!

• no flash photography...

I got a copy of it for my Father...he loves it...I got bored watching it and did not watch the whole thing. My father was sooo happy when I gave him the movie though...

Quote Originally Posted by BrerRabit77
    Yeah that's them, becuase of the "politics" of the movie, "Song of the South has been banned from the U.S. since 1985. But I have a copy of love the movie!

Banned from the US? Disney has not released the film on any home movie format, a business decision on Disney's part. That's a little different from being banned from the U.S.

• Who's your DaddyB?

Disney HAS released Song Of The South in a home movie format, just not in the United States... thus the phrasing "banned in the U.S.". It may be a self imposed ban, but it's not an unfair statement. It's been banned from being released in the United States, so to speak.

And I would LOVE to catch Bre'r Fox and Bear... I'll be on the lookout for them next time!
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• back in Austin

Funny that y'all mention this today. I just rented a pirated VHS copy of "Song of the South" from a local video store (not one of the big chains) and watched it for the first time this afternoon! Given all the stuff that's going around TV and the internet, it's odd that Disney feels the need to disown this particular film. There's a lot to like about it.

SCUBAbe, it is a pretty slow-moving film, but I think it's worth watching to the end.

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

Question Re: Brer Bear and Brer Fox sighting

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman
    Banned from the US? Disney has not released the film on any home movie format, a business decision on Disney's part. That's a little different from being banned from the U.S.
    it's not banned but it's not released. So there is a difference but why are they hiding this movie. I mean I personally love it and most people I know love it and it's time to get over the policics and the so called racisim of it and enjoy it. I don't think black ppl will be too offended but I coudl be wrong and if they are I understand, but it's a Disney Classic. why is there no petition to get this released?

It's a gold mine for disney.

from Jeff

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Brer Bear and Brer Fox sighting

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan
    Funny that y'all mention this today. I just rented a pirated VHS copy of "Song of the South" from a local video store (not one of the big chains) and watched it for the first time this afternoon! Given all the stuff that's going around TV and the internet, it's odd that Disney feels the need to disown this particular film. There's a lot to like about it.

SCUBAbe, it is a pretty slow-moving film, but I think it's worth watching to the end.
    It's an awesome movie that every disney fan should have already have seen but I am glad some people are discovering it. I am pretty sure it was on VHS in Canada when I was a kid, but I never did get my own copy.. I want to see it on DVD restored and better then ever.

If you go to www.ultimatedisney.com they have it listed as a possible fall release this year. I hope they do release it on DVD, keeping fingers crossed.
    "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.

• back in Austin

Welcome to MiceChat, c/p.

Yeah, I too would like to see it on DVD, properly mastered.

• Pull your "Magic" finger?

As for the petition, check out songofthesouth.com.

Ooops, wrong address - edit 6/12/06

http://www.songofthesouth.net/
    Last edited by Nanaimobar; 06-12-2006 at 09:35 AM.

• Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Brer Bear and Brer Fox sighting

Quote Originally Posted by cfitz/pirates
    If you go to www.ultimatedisney.com they have it listed as a possible fall release this year. I hope they do release it on DVD, keeping fingers crossed.
    Sweet, I am excited to see it listed. I also think we have all understood the time period it was made in and what was going on at that time. I think that the dvd will be a perfect chance to give the history of the film and to show why it was made the way it was. There is a lot of history to be told in it and there is a lot to learn as well. YES CAN"T WAIT!!!!

One of my Disney faves!

from Jeff

• ...TWO BITS!

ANYWAYS, yeah, haven't seen those 2 characters around in a long while. Were they hanging out with Pooh and Friends?? BTW, are they still bringing out Rabbit & Piglet?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Banned User

Question Re: Brer Bear and Brer Fox sighting

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaimobar
    As for the petition, check out songofthesouth.com.
    Are you sure that's the right address?
    I couldn't get it to work

From jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast