Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking What Disneyland Merchandise Item(s) still has a place in your home?

Now I know many people either sell their used Disneyland merchandise in garage sells, mabye put them up on eBay for sale and/or give them away to their children or their neighborhood dumpsters. Either way at least something from Disneyland has survived in your home that either you bought or your loved one bought for you.

Share your Disneyland Merchandise stories here. If you have photos of you and your merchandise, please post away.

Now when I go to Disneyland in late July, I hope to find my special item that I'll keep forever despite others telling me to let it go. I also love to shop. Even if all the Disney theme park shops seem to have the same merchandise I still love to shop in all the stores. Each store should be experienced based on their unique and diverse decor.

Anyways, Hope to hear from many of you MiceChatters! ;o)

Start post... NOW.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: What Disneyland Merchandise Item(s) still has a place in your home?

i have a nightlight that my grandmother bought somewhere, I don't know where. And I have a circa 1970s Walt Disney World Pirates of the Caribbean book of postcards. I bought a circa 1955 Disneyland plate that I bought for 75cents, one of my most prized possesions.

• no flash photography...

in my home I have a nightmare before christmas throw. It was purchased the first nigth we watched the new fireowrks show. We were wet and cold and wanted to stay warm.

I also have a black pair of mouse ears on top of the TV in my bedroom with my VMK name on the back. And 2 gold ears they gave away for free on the 50th in a drawer.

Other than that I have a alot of pins. I don't collect them anymore and I should sell them on ebay...

my desk at work has a disney phot holder, a disney frame, a disney magnetic frame and 2 star war mr. potato heads.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I can't wait to shop!

Micoofy Duck

Wink Re: What Disneyland Merchandise Item(s) still has a place in your home?

We have more than we are willing to admit! From the usual souvenir books (from childhood visits on up), to the Golden Horseshoe plastic boot cup, to the crystal Mickey and Minnie wine glasses etched with our names from our honeymoon, our china hutch is used to display Disneyland stuff...not china!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    my desk at work has a disney phot holder, a disney frame, a disney magnetic frame and 2 star war mr. potato heads.
    I forgot to mention the office as well. The office or your place of work is a great place for your Disneyland merchandise. What you got there that you just can't part with that was purchased inside the Disneyland parks.
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Mad
    our china hutch is used to display Disneyland stuff...not china!
    Great place of Disneyland stuff. The usual china stuff in hutch's are never really a conversation piece, I'm sure everyone comments about Disney Merchandise on display.
    Micoofy Duck

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Literally too much to list
    But some of my favorites are
    Shadow box made from my boys's first AP's, name badges & such
    Magic Kingdom shot glass personalized with my name from our first family trip to WDW
    Walt Disney Through the Years framed set
    Ornaments galore(annually)
    My new Mickey Chandelier and matching sconce set
    Golden Ears from the 17th
    Picture of the old DL sign that is personalized with Happy Birthday Tina
    Tee that has a big heart, with a little piece of the heart missing, it's mickey ears shaped and it says "left it in DL"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I have our honeymoon ears and top hat. I also have my tiny Mr. Toad bean thing. I didn't get it from Disneyland the Disney Store rather - a smallish purple heffalump named Lumpy... she was my cuddle baby during chemo.... I <3 her.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: What Disneyland Merchandise Item(s) still has a place in your home?

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet
    I have our honeymoon ears and top hat. I also have my tiny Mr. Toad bean thing. I didn't get it from Disneyland the Disney Store rather - a smallish purple heffalump named Lumpy... she was my cuddle baby during chemo.... I <3 her.
    The Disney Store counts as well, ;o)

We all deserve a special stuffed Disney character to help us get through the tough times. And I'm sure Lumpy loves you even more.
    Micoofy Duck

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I too have more stuff than I could possibly list , its all in my Disney Library, yep a whole room full. Some has spilled into the living room as well like my Eric Robison Jelly Bean Mickey print on canvas, my wonderful wedding picture of my daughter and hubby in front of Herb Ryans castle painting at the DL hotel from their wedding and my band Leader Mickey Big Fig. A couple of days ago my dear hubby brought me the framed litho of Thomas Kindaes 50th Castle Painting.My oldest souviners just came out of years of storage in perfect condition silhouettes of my mom and one of me done in the 1960's.

• A spoonful of sugar!

The oldies but goodies... I have a Autopia drivers license that was my dad's when he was 12 (1957), Minnie ears from my 1st visit in 1984, and my husband's Mickey ears from 1980. Now I love to collect books about Disneyland! I need another shelf!
    Its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: What Disneyland Merchandise Item(s) still has a place in your home?

My most recent item I bought from another is a [supposely] a vintage autograph book that remains empty. I couldn't understand why someone would keep a Disneyland autograph book and never use it and I wasn't about to ask why to change the seller's mind. I wanted it and I plan on using it this July! ;o)
    Micoofy Duck

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I don't have a whole lotta stuff, but I suppose the Monorail Cafe condiment basket being used to hold floppies and MiniDiscs on my desk counts...

That, and I have to get to the park tomorrow, I'm running out of DL napkins on my desk - I might have to actually break out a roll of paper towels...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

A lot of my stuff is from the Disney Store.
    Family room entertainment center:
    3 snow globes- Sleeping Beauty's castle, Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh
    Alice in Wonderland "book" that my watch came in
    Minnie and Mickey champane glasses
    Mickey salt and pepper shakers
    crystal Minnie
    Mickey juice glass

Bedroom:
    2 Snow White dolls, still in the box, my boys ask me all the time when I'm going to take them out
    2 collectible plates (the kind that are 3D)- Little Mermaid, Mickey Mouse
    Mickey face- I used to collect masks and bought the Mickey at Dis. It is the only one I still hang up, the others are in a box. I was so upset when one of my boys knocked it off the wall and broke the ear. But, I glued it back on and you can't tell unless you really look.

Stairway:
    Framed picture of 75th Anniversary. A friend of ours had a friend that worked at the Disney Store and bought this picture. His wife didn't like how Skar looked so she made him get rid of it. He was going to throw it out, but our friends knew we liked Disney so asked if we wanted it. Sure, who wouldn't like $100 framed artwork for free?

I love to display my Disney stuff. It's who I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast