Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

OK...this isn't really specific to Uncle Walt, but I think interesting all the same. My girlfriend and I share a common love and fascination with all things Disney, particularly Disneyland. The date we first laid eyes on each other was July 17th.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Aww... that is so sweet!

I think what I have most in common with Walt is that I like to create new stuff, I love nostalgia and have a strange love for miniatures!

My aunt and a friend of mine were both born on December 5th, and my great-Grandma was born exactly 4 days before Walt (December 01, 1901).

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market
    Some people have said that they weren't sure what Walt Disney was really like.

I highly recommend the book How to be Like Walt to these people! It is really more a biography of Walt Disney than a how-to book, but both elements are mixed in. It's a great read and excellent biography of Mr. Disney's life. Many people see him as a sweet uncle or a merciless authoritarian, a hopeless nostalgic or a one-track mind futurist, while really none and all are true at the same time.

Complicated, I know, but a great book nonetheless. Its greatest quality is portraying Walt Disney as he really was; a human being.

• Hmmm....

My birthday is december 5th, and when i was 16 i had to have a biopsy done on an enlarged clavical lymph node. Walt's lymph nodes were enlarged when his cancer was getting the best of him in the end. My family always thought that was a creepy coinsidence.

long time reader, first time poster.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=JD3896]My birthday is december 5th, and when i was 16 i had to have a biopsy done on an enlarged clavical lymph node. Walt's lymph nodes were enlarged when his cancer was getting the best of him in the end. My family always thought that was a creepy coinsidence.

long time reader, first time poster.[/QUOTE

Well I think I speak for all the mice on here in saying welcome, and we hope you're feeling all better now ! ! !

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    Some people have said that they weren't sure what Walt Disney was really like.

I highly recommend the book How to be Like Walt to these people! It is really more a biography of Walt Disney than a how-to book, but both elements are mixed in. It's a great read and excellent biography of Mr. Disney's life. Many people see him as a sweet uncle or a merciless authoritarian, a hopeless nostalgic or a one-track mind futurist, while really none and all are true at the same time.

Complicated, I know, but a great book nonetheless. Its greatest quality is portraying Walt Disney as he really was; a human being.
    Here here! Excellent book. It gets my recommendation as well!
    As far as the topic of this thread goes though, I find myself to be a lot like Walt in many ways. This particular book punctuated many similar characteristics. But as far as the simple things go, my ancestry comes from the same area in France as his - d'Isigny, near Normandy!

• Senior Minion

I have this Book as well it is excellent. ^

Anyhoo I would say love for nostalgia. And keeping America's History alive.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Imagineer in training

How am I like Walt....

I have a passion for details.

My middle name is Sidney. Now, switch the 'S' and 'D' around. My mom thinks that's freaky!

• Official Mice Chat person

Well, from books I've read I share so much with walt! I would have been best friends with him if I was alive when he was. I swear, from all the books I read I think just like him! I share the same morals and everything.... That's why I want to be an Imagineer.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggergrl
    Well, walt disney's birthday is December 5th, and so is mine I guess that's why i'm such a disney freak
    Then you and Walt and my wife all share the same birthday!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandrocks55
    Well, from books I've read I share so much with walt! I would have been best friends with him if I was alive when he was. I swear, from all the books I read I think just like him! I share the same morals and everything.... That's why I want to be an Imagineer.
    Morals?
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Mostly Harmless.

Wanting to be able to do fun things with my children!
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Thumbs up

I grew up in Missouri like Walt Disney, not far from the railroad trains which I could hear as I went to sleep at night.
    I have a love for Mickey Mouse. NOT that's there is anything wrong with that!
    People say I sign the "D" in my last name just like the "D" in Disney. (That's not on purpose!)
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

My middly name is Walter !

• Curiouser and Curiouser

My birthday is December 3rd and I love to travel and have dreams of making it big

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast