Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    • Defying gravity
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,345

    Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    I've been thinking recently about what Disneyland will be like AFTER the 50th is over (from what I've been hearing, that will be around October.) I'm a premium AP and have been to DL 9 times total - 4 times during the 50th, including July 17, 2005. I will be incredibly sad when Sleeping Beauty Castle loses the gold and Remember...Dreams Come True leaves (that is the best fireworks show I have ever seen!) And Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams is also fantastic...Parade of the Stars got so old and corny. I've also spent hours inside the Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years exhibit. And what about the 50 hidden Mickeys? Can we please have 55, 60, 65...year celebrations!!!

    What do you think? Are you "50th ed" out or will you be sad to see it go like me?

  2. #2

    • Life is Great!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    La Mesa, CA
    Posts
    1,398

    Re: Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    Its soooo pretty im hoping they decide to leave the castle as it is!
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!



  3. #3

    • The Fantasyland guy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fantasyland
    Posts
    981

    Re: Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    you know.. with this new "dreams come true" marketing thing they are doing, maybe they will keep "Remember... Dreams come true."




  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    421

    Talking Re: Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    I've been thinking recently about what Disneyland will be like AFTER the 50th is over (from what I've been hearing, that will be around October.) I'm a premium AP and have been to DL 9 times total - 4 times during the 50th, including July 17, 2005. I will be incredibly sad when Sleeping Beauty Castle loses the gold and Remember...Dreams Come True leaves (that is the best fireworks show I have ever seen!) And Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams is also fantastic...Parade of the Stars got so old and corny. I've also spent hours inside the Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years exhibit. And what about the 50 hidden Mickeys? Can we please have 55, 60, 65...year celebrations!!!

    What do you think? Are you "50th ed" out or will you be sad to see it go like me?
    Seeing the Park twice in it's golden splendor, I will be sad, too! In fact, the next time I am out there, I will have to take photos of the golden vehicles before the end. The spectacular Remember Dreams COme True fireworks are the BEST fireworks show ever and I listened to the music last night, especially the MSEP part which is my favorite. I am fortunate to grab my golden ears (I have two pairs to which I lost the first on Roger Rabbit but found later) which was one of the highlights and the photo murals all over the Resort as well. I think the Castle should maintain the golden jewels after the celebration is gone.

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    199

    Re: Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    The 50th looks amazing to me... that's why I pushed my mom into coming with me to it ( this coming july) It looks way to good to be missed.

    from Jeff

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,576

    Re: Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    I'm ready for it to leave.

    It was fun, but I miss the old castle, the old HM without that piece of very ugly webbing surrounding the columns, and just the smaller crowds!

  7. #7

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623

    Re: Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    Having finally seen it in person now, I think the castle is UGLY! Go back to white siding and blue roofs, the pink Barbie Dreamhouse is nasty!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDude
    you know.. with this new "dreams come true" marketing thing they are doing, maybe they will keep "Remember... Dreams come true."
    California smog laws prevent that from happening. The only reason the fireworks show has been able to happen is because the park has been saving air quality credits for years and years, and are now cashing in those credits to smoke up the skies with a high-falutin' fireworks show.

    Also, they have to close way too much for the show!

  8. #8

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Downey,Ca
    Posts
    701

    Re: Disneyland after the 50th is over...(sigh)

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Having finally seen it in person now, I think the castle is UGLY! Go back to white siding and blue roofs, the pink Barbie Dreamhouse is nasty!


    California smog laws prevent that from happening. The only reason the fireworks show has been able to happen is because the park has been saving air quality credits for years and years, and are now cashing in those credits to smoke up the skies with a high-falutin' fireworks show.

    Also, they have to close way too much for the show!
    My girlfriend works at the travel company and their 'official statement' for the age old question, "When will the 50th anniversary celebration end?" is basically this (not word for word but you get the drift):

    The 50th Anniversary Celebration officially ends on Oct. 2, 2006. However, several favorites that were introduced during the celebration will remain after that including Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams & Remember...Dreams Come True; the fireworks spectacular.

    I kinda read somewhere about some halloween fireworks show....In Fact I read on one post Darkbeer wrote....
    Jason

Similar Threads

  1. Sigh.
    By Speedway in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 09:44 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 10:05 PM
  3. ~sigh~ Becoming addicted to Disneyland...
    By viewaskewniverse in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-02-2005, 02:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •