Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    352

    Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    So I never thought I would get into the pin trading thing, never say never right. Anyway, our niece graduated High Scool and so we are taking her with us to Disneyland on our next trip. I am booking the trip through the AP section and among other little goodies the package includes a lanyard and a pin. She thought that was so cool, I did not know a 16 year old would care about the pins. So for her Birthday I thought I would get her some Tink pins for her lanyard. Since my girls think their cousins is just so cool they will want pins to. But I am not buying pricy pins for a 2 & 5 year old. So the questions are~

    Where is a good place to buy some pins to start their collections? Is ebay good or are there things you have to look out for?

    And how does the pin trading with the cast members work? Do they only trade certain pins? Information please.

    Thank you for any tips on getting them started.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

  2. #2

    • Tom Chaney R.I. P.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Just somewhere south of dysfunctional
    Posts
    3,200

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by poohnpiglet
    So I never thought I would get into the pin trading thing, never say never right. Anyway, our niece graduated High Scool and so we are taking her with us to Disneyland on our next trip. I am booking the trip through the AP section and among other little goodies the package includes a lanyard and a pin. She thought that was so cool, I did not know a 16 year old would care about the pins. So for her Birthday I thought I would get her some Tink pins for her lanyard. Since my girls think their cousins is just so cool they will want pins to. But I am not buying pricy pins for a 2 & 5 year old. So the questions are~

    Where is a good place to buy some pins to start their collections? Is ebay good or are there things you have to look out for?

    And how does the pin trading with the cast members work? Do they only trade certain pins? Information please.

    Thank you for any tips on getting them started.
    All I can tell you about is the Ebay part. what to look for on ebay is a seller that has high positive feedback, if a seller has high number of negitave, stay away. another thing about feed back is read what the seller has posted about the buyer if the buyer has left negitave feedback.

    also if you buy more than one pin from the same person see if they will combine shipping.
    Last thing make shure that the seller has the shipping price listed so you know the cost before hand. If a seller can't take the time to list a shipping cost I will not do buisness with them.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE





    PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

  3. #3

    • The Twilight Zone
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,007

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Hauntedhoilday here again. pins do get a little pricey but they have the cheap ones which i belief are 6-7 dollars. i have also found at the disneystore the sometimes they have pins for only 5-6 dollars. Cast members have to trade any pin the person has wiith their pin unless they have the same one. look out for limited edition one that the CM have too or you can buy in stores for 13 dollars

    oh yeah also on disneyshopping.com they sometimes have discounts on pins and every monday its free shipping


  4. #4

    •   
    • Daffy about Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    52,999
    Blog Entries
    119

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Today I ordered some pins off of a site called Mouse Pins. They have pins for about $2.50 each. I bought the pins so that the children that I am traveling with and myself can trade them. I have never ordered from this site before, but how can you go wrong for $2.50 a pin. My husband has ordered individual pins off of ebay. Sometimes he has to bid and sometimes it is just a purchase. I myself do not shop on ebay.

    Here is how pin trading works, and it is a lot of fun. It doesn't have to be expensive, if you don't get carried away and limit your purchases. There are cast members in the park wearing lanyards. They will trade one pin for one pin. They must trade with the person. They have a special colored lanyard also, that they just trade with children from.

    The pins that I bought today are quaranteed to be authentic Disney pins. The idea is that you have a pin you paid $2.50 for and you can trade it with a cast member for a better pin. The cast members will not accept a duplicate of a pin that they have on their lanyard. That is the only time that they have refused a trade.

    You must trade an official (authentic) Disney pin. They have Disney stamped on the back.

    To purchase pins in the park, they cost upwards of about $6.50. More upwards than not.

    The cast members usually have a good variety of pins on their lanyards. They are usually recent pins.

    When we were at Disneyland last year, they also had pin boards. AT the pin boards, we were allowed to trade 2 pins each. They give you a set amount of time to make your trade.

    Hope this helps. When my pins arrive, I will post pack on what I think of the quality of what I was sent. I bought a grabbag of 25 pins for $50. I will use those pins strictly for pin trading.

    Nice avatar
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  5. #5

    • 'splosions
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    16.4 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    796

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    the pins also have to be in a presentable condition.

    excessive scuff marks, scratches, gum ((it happens)) and we turn those away.

    don't grab at the lanyards, they're around our necks...and it hurts

    be on the lookout for colored Cast Member lanyards as well
    Gold/Black/Maroon = Everyone can trade
    Teal = Children 2-12 only

    let's see, Not every CM has to wear a lanyard, so be nice to the ones that aren't =D

    and, last time i checked in the new brochure, CM's are allowed to wear a "Showcase Pin" that is just for demonstration and is NOT available for trading.

    other than that, i cant think of another rule

  6. #6

    • ROFLCOPTER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    161

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Wait wait wait. So if you get one of those starter lanyards with about five pins, you can go up to cast members and trade those pins for ones they have? And adults can do this too? And we can trade at those boards? AND it's free? (with exception to the original pins of course.)

    I've been afraid to try pin trading because I thought it was real expensive, but if I can trade those little starter pins with cast members I'd like to try that. They have some cool stuff! I've only seen kids trade with cast members before though, and so am a little scared about trying.

  7. #7

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I accidently a Coca Cola
    Posts
    438

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Trintara
    Wait wait wait. So if you get one of those starter lanyards with about five pins, you can go up to cast members and trade those pins for ones they have? And adults can do this too? And we can trade at those boards? AND it's free? (with exception to the original pins of course.)

    I've been afraid to try pin trading because I thought it was real expensive, but if I can trade those little starter pins with cast members I'd like to try that. They have some cool stuff! I've only seen kids trade with cast members before though, and so am a little scared about trying.
    As long as they have the Copyrighted Disney on the back, certifying them as Disney trading pins, then we can trade them. As long as we, the Cast Members don't have the same pin you are trading for, you can come up and trade with us. Just again, kids can trade with everyone, while adults can trade with everyone except Teal kids lanyards. Pin trading is fun, but I would never take up as a hobby. As a CM, it rocks.

  8. #8

    • ROFLCOPTER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    161

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Ooookay. See, I already have this starter kit of mickeys that I got free somewhere but don't really like the pins all that much. If I could trade those for some of those cool pins I've seen you cast members wearing that would be super awesome!

    So no teal lanyards. Got it!

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    688

    Thumbs up Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    I have never traded a pin in my life...but I do have a small collection that has mostly come from ebay due to the fact that I only get to the park every other year. Ebay can be a really great place to look and here are some of the searches I do...

    gwp disney pin (gwp=gift with purchase, given to a guest with a qualifying purchase)

    disney pin cast (cast will get you pins only available for purchase by cast members)

    ...and of course any character name with disney pin will bring up a plethora of options!

    Have fun!!!

  10. #10

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,699

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Oh - it is so much fun. We end up spending half our time looking for CM's with lanyards - or last time we went they had little square pouches that they wore on their belts. It's funny, my husband makes fun of me everytime we go, but after the first day, he ends up getting into it big time. I got pins from someone via Micechat - I'll see if I can find his name.

    Also, don't order pins off ebay from someone overseas. And always check the shipping prices before bidding. Some people post a .99 pin and charge 5.00 for shipping.

    Good luck with it! Just beware, it's totally addicting. I spend about $100.00 a trip on trader pins. (we always have about 50 to trade) -

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

  11. #11

    • Do You Wanna Get Rocked?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In Def Leppard Land...
    Posts
    1,380
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    What's the web address for this mouse pins site? Sounds like A place I would like to check out for my pins!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Today I ordered some pins off of a site called Mouse Pins. They have pins for about $2.50 each. I bought the pins so that the children that I am traveling with and myself can trade them. I have never ordered from this site before, but how can you go wrong for $2.50 a pin. My husband has ordered individual pins off of ebay. Sometimes he has to bid and sometimes it is just a purchase. I myself do not shop on ebay.

    Here is how pin trading works, and it is a lot of fun. It doesn't have to be expensive, if you don't get carried away and limit your purchases. There are cast members in the park wearing lanyards. They will trade one pin for one pin. They must trade with the person. They have a special colored lanyard also, that they just trade with children from.

    The pins that I bought today are quaranteed to be authentic Disney pins. The idea is that you have a pin you paid $2.50 for and you can trade it with a cast member for a better pin. The cast members will not accept a duplicate of a pin that they have on their lanyard. That is the only time that they have refused a trade.

    You must trade an official (authentic) Disney pin. They have Disney stamped on the back.

    To purchase pins in the park, they cost upwards of about $6.50. More upwards than not.

    The cast members usually have a good variety of pins on their lanyards. They are usually recent pins.

    When we were at Disneyland last year, they also had pin boards. AT the pin boards, we were allowed to trade 2 pins each. They give you a set amount of time to make your trade.

    Hope this helps. When my pins arrive, I will post pack on what I think of the quality of what I was sent. I bought a grabbag of 25 pins for $50. I will use those pins strictly for pin trading.

    Nice avatar

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Downey,Ca
    Posts
    701

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    If you live in the Los Angeles area...find a CM that will be nice enough to take you to Company D to get those CM pins at dirt cheap prices.
    Jason

  13. #13

    •   
    • Daffy about Disneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    52,999
    Blog Entries
    119

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    http://mousepinsonline.com/

    The above link is for the pin site that I recently purchased pins from. Again, I never purchased pins from there before. I thought it was a good deal and I bought a grabbag of 25 pins for $50. I am going to use these pins for trading.

    Also I hope the link works. I am new at providing links.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

  14. #14

    • Do You Wanna Get Rocked?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In Def Leppard Land...
    Posts
    1,380
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    It worked! Thanks!! I'm gonna check it out!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    http://mousepinsonline.com/

    The above link is for the pin site that I recently purchased pins from. Again, I never purchased pins from there before. I thought it was a good deal and I bought a grabbag of 25 pins for $50. I am going to use these pins for trading.

    Also I hope the link works. I am new at providing links.

  15. #15

    • For You!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Idaho Falls
    Posts
    7,699

    Re: Pin traders please explain, help, thanks

    Okay, any CM's want to take me to the D-Store!!!???

    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attention Pin Traders!
    By WheresMickey in forum Pin Trading
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 04:00 PM
  2. [Question] Attention Pin Traders!
    By WheresMickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 01:33 PM
  3. The VMK Traders Club
    By xHBx in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 12:03 PM
  4. Pin traders, a little help please
    By poohnpiglet in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2007, 12:15 PM
  5. Pin Traders -- HELP!
    By Imaginerd in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •