Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Disneyland The Movie!

No, I'm sad to report that no major studio is turning the theme park into a major motion picture.

BUT if they did, what would the story be about? Which rides would be featured in the story? Which characters from Disney would be in the movie? Who would be the villian? What would the story be about?

Would it be live action or should it be 2D animation? Is this the best idea in the world? If so why? Or is this the worst idea in the world? And if so, why?

Hope you all have fun with this post. I think it's something everyone can add their creative input to. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Re: Disneyland The Movie!

I think it should be about some kids who find some old train station that looks abandoned, but the E.P. Ripley magically appears out of nowhere and whisks them away on crazy adventures. They could go to the jungle, New Orleans, Toontown, a European village that's being terrorized by the monster in the Matterhorn, and finally into the future. On their way home they could mistakenly get sent to a Primeval World.

sorry. triple posted.

• Sock Puppet

It'd definetly need to be fantasy and not just "wow, we are in Disneyland". It would need to transport the whole park to screen, the same way that POTC and Haunted Mansion were. With that being said, the two most important original attractions (IE, not based on material before it's inception) have already been made into movies, so I don't think an actual Disney Land movie should be made. It'd be hard to do with the transitions from TL to AL to FL to FL to CC to NOS. Not to mention the rides in those areas.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I'm not sure what it would be about, but I elect Eisner, Pressler and Harris as the villians.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Five children save Disneyland from the evil Eisner, Pressler and Harris, their corporate(gah) monsters.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I haven't read anything more than the summary and can't really remember too much of it myself, and these both apply to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, but I think Down and Out In The Magic Kingdom would be a cool movie, as would a movie based on the Disney Editions book The Kingdom Keepers.

Besides that, I'd want Disneyland the Movie to be an Action Thriller...=D

• Minion

I think the movie should be like "Clerks", only we call it "CM's". In it we have our main character, early in the morning on his day off, gets called in to come in to work. He really doesn't want to because he just closed last night and he also has a hockey game to play that afternoon. His lead swears he will be out early because he will find someone to work the second half of his shift. He agrees to do it and he comes in and he gets moved about the park wherever they need him. He ends up working in foods, store operations, custodial and even a character (I know it's not possible but hey, it's a movie). During the day he is also accompanied by his ruder than rude fellow CM who doesn't hold back letting guests know what he thinks of them.

Througout the movie we see things from the CM point of view, from rude guests to over the top Disney freaks. It would pretty much follow the same storyline as "Clerks" but with CM's instead. I would pay to see a movie like that.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Disneyland The Movie!

I would love to see Disney villians team up. Like Cruella & Madame Medusa tearing up a town. Or how about Madam Mim & Maleficent trying to take over Disneyland!

It works for Batman [comics] when villians team up... ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by indianahenry
    I think it should be about some kids who find some old train station that looks abandoned, but the E.P. Ripley magically appears out of nowhere and whisks them away on crazy adventures. They could go to the jungle, New Orleans, Toontown, a European village that's being terrorized by the monster in the Matterhorn, and finally into the future. On their way home they could mistakenly get sent to a Primeval World.
    This sounds neat. It would have to be live action mixed in with CGI IMO. Like Chronicles of Narnia or something like that.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by indianahenry
    Now that is an awesome idea.

I can just imagine a glowing steam train pulling around the corner of a derelict train station, and it being like a portal to another world - like Narnia in a way. Aurora is the Queen, and rules the land from her castle (which is now big enough for people to actually inhabit!)

Maleficent (being the villain to the land's ruler) is the bad girl. Kids have to help the Disney good guys (who all unite to help Aurora), and get sent back after the land is reclaimed.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

If Eisner, Pressler and Harris were the villains, I'd say that Disneyland would be fading, dying-but more blatantly, first losing color, and then slowly disappearing completely. So it would be up to the kids to save the kingdom, rally Disney characters and save the day.

• Huh?

I liked the idea for the movie Walt wanted to make: "Khrushchev Goes to Disneyland," in which Peter Ustinov would be Nikita Khrushchev, who, after being denied access to Disneyland, decides to try to break in at night.
    -Tim

• Sock Puppet

Eisner, Pressler, and Harris in The Three Stooges go to DisneyLand. It will feature a very epic scene where Pressler actually tries to steal candy from a baby and Eisner begins dressing like pimp and cutting in line insists that he is "rollin old school because he can do what he want. Eisner4life" then he throws up gang signs at the CMs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast