• dreams do come true

Disney buys out?????

I dnt know if this is the right place to post this but I didnt know where else to so here.

If disney was to buy out anouther (non Disney) park and turn it to one. What park do you think would be the best for a Disney makeover?

What park and why.

What would they do to it.

• Funnier than you.

Disney should buy out a few of the question marks from this thread's title.
    That Guy!

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

NO! Disney does not want to fully commit to properly maintaining DL and WDW as it is. I don't want Disney to become like Six Flags.....how would it be special then?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Well if they could buy the Wild Animal Park north of San Diego and run a monorail back and forth to Anaheim, they could have a DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM, a couple hotels and probably plenty of room to add more parks.

Disney West Coast properties could finally rival Walt Disney World, with four theme parks each.

Unlike Disneyland, which is surrounded by motels and 7-Elevens, WAP is way out in the boonies north of San Diego, and undeveloped land could be bought up.

But don't expect to see that happening, Eisner's big dreams/schemes are over and any future management of The Walt Disney Co. is going to be more conservative about these kinds of capital investments.

I'd be surprised to see any more theme parks opening except outside the United States.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S
    I dnt know if this is the right place to post this but I didnt know where else to so here.

If disney was to buy out anouther (non Disney) park and turn it to one. What park do you think would be the best for a Disney makeover?

What park and why.

What would they do to it.
    ^^ BEGIN SACRILEGIOUS RANT ^^

Hmmm... I dunno. If Knott's wasn't so close, I'd vote for that... Aw heck, I'd vote for it anyway. What a nice 3rd gate it would be! I have always wanted Knott's get off their butts and really give DL a run for it's money like they have in decades past. The potential is there, but it's just not being realized. They have good food, great atmosphere and sense of history about their park, just like DL.

However, when Cedar Fair took over, it's been slowly turning into a Coaster Kingdom. Proof: their last dark ride just bit the dust, Kingdom of the Dinosaurs is now ancient history.

It just bugs me, because Walter Knott was a brilliant guy and had the same love for family entertainment, history and Americana that Walt Disney did. Just look at the Ghost Town, Independence Hall and Calico Mine Train and you can see Walter's influence... plus they have Snoopy!!!! It's just a shame that they are building more coasters and not adding new family attractions as well. Also, the place is falling apart (despite some recent major renovations).

So that's why I picked Knott's Berry Farm, because the place has so much history and that's one thing Disney is good at... nostalgia. Also, Knott's has always owned the California theme. Bringing them into the family would leave the Cali stuff to Knott's and allow DCA to become something (anything) different and better.

Oh and one more thing, Mystery Lodge at Knott's Berry Farm, blows every single Disneyland stage show out of the water. It's just THAT good! Snow White, Club Buzz (RIP) Aladdin at DL and Aladdin at DCA just can't compare.

^^ END KNOTT'S RANT ^^
    Last edited by fearsnda; 04-15-2005 at 10:22 PM.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    That is so depressing to hear about Kingdom of the Dinosaurs! Disneyland was our family vacation spot, but Knott's was second and usually done in the same trip. I haven't been in a few years and it is sad to hear it is falling apart So yes, I think Disney should buy it and bring back the dinos!!!!!!!!

(jk- Disney needs to concentrate on its own parks )
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• dreams do come true

I to think Knotts could be a great option there is already all the ground work there. When Knotts was on the market I do believe that Disney had a bid in, it was small but it was a bid. I think they could play up the thrill ride part in a hole new Disney way. I would love to see a Disney thrill park.

• Minion

I read a piece not too long ago and can't remember where it was, but it went into detail about Disney seriously looking at Knott's. They apparently looked long and hard at the prospect before losing interest.

The patchwork way Knott's was developed seemed to be a huge problem and would have taken a huge investment to bring up to the Themed Experience that Disney guests have come to expect.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I read a piece not too long ago and can't remember where it was, but it went into detail about Disney seriously looking at Knott's. They apparently looked long and hard at the prospect before losing interest.

The patchwork way Knott's was developed seemed to be a huge problem and would have taken a huge investment to bring up to the Themed Experience that Disney guests have come to expect.
    I think that article was on JIM HILL MEDIA. Knott's has a real Ghost Town that Walter Knott bought up disassembled and reassembled in Buena park.

Too bad DCA has nothing to celebrate California history, no mission / Spanish Colonial period represented, the one building accross from Golden Dreams that is supposed to represent San Francisco is just an empty building (I heard it was originally gonna be a freestanding Levi's jeans store) and there is nothing to represent the Western settlements (I guess too close in theme to Frontierland.)

Its too bad DCA can't just purchase the Ghost Town and give Knotts room for one more coaster.

• Know More Than You Should

There was once a couple from America who lived in England. They really liked Starbucks back at home, but didn't have anything like it in England. So, they started their own Starbucks-like coffe chain, The Seattle Coffee Company. Now these coffee shops were very similar to Starbucks. What eventually happened was that Starbucks bought the chain, and very easily converted them into Starbucks.

Perhaps Disney could do the same thing? maybe. I think the problem is that no other park really comes close to Disney's. if you're going to build a park then you may as well built it from scratch.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    There was once a couple from America who lived in England. They really liked Starbucks back at home, but didn't have anything like it in England. So, they started their own Starbucks-like coffe chain, The Seattle Coffee Company. Now these coffee shops were very similar to Starbucks. What eventually happened was that Starbucks bought the chain, and very easily converted them into Starbucks.

Perhaps Disney could do the same thing? maybe. I think the problem is that no other park really comes close to Disney's. if you're going to build a park then you may as well built it from scratch.
    The point is... I think... that Knott's is one of the only parks that even comes close.

Here is the link to JHM article: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1293
    Last edited by fearsnda; 04-16-2005 at 08:07 PM.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    The point is... I think... that Knott's is one of the only parks that even comes close.

Here is the link to JHM article: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1293
    Although if Disney had bought UNIVERSAL instead of NBC perhaps they would be operating DISNEY UNIVERSAL STUDIOS operations in both CA and FL.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Although if Disney had bought UNIVERSAL instead of NBC perhaps they would be operating DISNEY UNIVERSAL STUDIOS operations in both CA and FL.
    They would be a monopoly!! O_O Someone would have sued them for monopolizing, like they tried to sue Microsoft.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    THANKS that is the link we were talking about.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    They would be a monopoly!! O_O Someone would have sued them for monopolizing, like they tried to sue Microsoft.
    I know, they aleady own 1/2 of Central Florida as it is.