Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Life is Great!

Indy needs rehab!

Decided a new thread for this instead of including it in my trip report. I had the thrill of 3 trips on Indy Saturday. While it is always a fun ride, I did notice this ride is in need of some TLC. First of course, the missing/broken pole in the queue. Also dont know if it was another issue or something mechanical but on my second trip, the ride stopped about 5 times throughout, with the last one being at the end, i sat and watched the indy character at the end for about 20-30 seconds and his right arm is sort of see thru, not good show. I figure with all the holiday rehabs, then pirates this is prob on the backburned, but i do hope it gets a little rehab soon since it is such a fun ride. also not rehab related, just a weird coincidence, i went on it 3 times, once at about 1pm, then again at 9 and 9:30pm, all 3 rides i went to the right through the door of youth and beauty, does that mean im young and pretty or old and ugly and need help??

{:
    Marci
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Back After Missing MC

Re: Indy needs rehab!

That is so sad to hear! I love that ride and was only able to ride it once on my last trip so I don't remember it looking rough. It has such an amazing que and great detail through the ride I really hope they do whatever it takes to keep it up to Disney standards!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

With the missing pole...well, people abuse it so much that it constantly gets broken and they have to replace it. So either they've given up on it or they are in the process of replacing it. It's not exactly cheap to replace, either.

Shame about the arm. When you see that stuff, you should mention it to a CM. Sometimes they honestly don't know, and then it won't get repaired. For example, a group of mine went on PotC and the the dog's keys were missing. We asked a CM about it and they didn't know and thanked us for telling them...that people steal them all the time.

What I'd like to see is an overhaul of that rat room. You can hardly see the projection at all and there's no feeling of the effect. Indy was supposed to get that effect they have in HISTA for the chairs to simulate the rats in your vehicle, but due to budget cuts it never was done.

I also wish for the old smokey Mara, but from my understanding it wouldn't be worth going in and replacing the effect.

Well, at least they replaced the dead snake a while back with an even scarier one. That's the one thing that will always make me scream.

• Do you think I'm... odd?

It's been stalling in the middle of the ride a lot, at least when I've been on it. I've sat and stared at Indy hanging from the rope while the boulder moves back more than a few times. Totally ruins the effect. Sadako has a few pictures from the other day where her car stalled in the middle of the arrow room and there was one car in front of her and one car in back of her, also stalled. *shakes head* The attraction definitely needs some rehab, but I can imagine that hydrolics like that take a lot of work to keep up.

As for which door you go into, you must just be reall lucky, because the rotation is pre-set. It's goes: Future, Future, Riches, Youth, Youth, Riches, Future, Future, and so on. So, if you see the car before you go into Future, you're most likely going into Future or Riches. It's not at random, so you can actually predict which door you're going through. Check it out next time you go on it!
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    Also dont know if it was another issue or something mechanical but on my second trip, the ride stopped about 5 times throughout, with the last one being at the end, i sat and watched the indy character at the end for about 20-30 seconds and his right arm is sort of see thru, not good show.
    The same thing happened to me last night when I went on, but even worse. The car stalled about 4-5 different times for a ludicrous amount of time and at the weirdest places. For example, we stalled in the middle of the dart blowing skeleton guards room where we could see the cars in front and behind us. Kinda takes the thrill out of it. Even worse when you're stuck in a jeep filled with screaming teenagers. Although I do love that when the ride breaks like that, you actually hear the jeep stalling and trying to start back up. I asked the CM at the end of the ride and he said one of the stations broke down, which is what caused the backup. I think this happens fairly often nowadays considering I rarely see both stations working and it's becoming more and more common to stall right before going through the cobwebs, when Indy is on top of you and also right after the boulder crashes before making the last turn with Indy and the crushed boulder.

This is the first time that I've been in a stall this long though, which gave me the time to even pull out my camera and snap some shots of the jeeps in front and behind us when we stalled in the guard room. I was actually hoping for a while that the ride did break down and we'd get to walk the tracks.

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Life is Great!

I was hoping for a breakdown and to walk the tracks too, hehehehee!
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Banned User

I like the title of this. Ha-ha! Indy needs rehab. :P That is a bummer that the ride has so many problems. Especially all the stalls! That totally kills the ride experience! They should definitely fix it up. If they did close it for maintenence, I wonder how long it would take. I am planning on going to Disneyland in the fall. Would hate for one of my faves to be closed.

It wouldn't hurt to do a little sprucing up - that's for sure.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I've been walked off the ride. Got to walk through the guard room and down under the boulder and everything if I recall correctly.

• Back After Missing MC

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    I've been walked off the ride. Got to walk through the guard room and down under the boulder and everything if I recall correctly.
    Did you see anything interesting?

• Up is Down

The main problem I have noticed is that when one of the stations is down the whole ride gets backed up because they use only one side to load and unload but, they keep basically the same amount of ride cars running through.... they do this so the line does not get too long. Thats the reason it stops alot in the end.... I do not think they really had this in mind when desiging this ride thats why sometimes you go into the boulder room and you will see it escaping.... the system cannot reset fast enough because of the back up. i have not had a problem with the ride when both stations are running properly.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    For example, a group of mine went on PotC and the the dog's keys were missing. We asked a CM about it and they didn't know and thanked us for telling them...that people steal them all the time.
    "All the time"? So, maybe a more specific security system for them might be in order. Say, photo system that takes a picture when the keys are disturbed? Or stops the whole ride so the perp's don't get away.
    Then, kick out the offenders and press charges.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    Also not rehab related, just a weird coincidence, i went on it 3 times, once at about 1pm, then again at 9 and 9:30pm, all 3 rides i went to the right through the door of youth and beauty, does that mean im young and pretty or old and ugly and need help??

{:
    Marci
    The majority of times, I get the door of Future Knowledge. After that, would be the door of Earthly Riches. In real life, these are probably the two that I want the most...with Earthly Riches as a higher priority.
    Eternal Youth and Beauty would not work for me as it would probably turn me into a child, and I'm sure not going through school again.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Wow. Of all of the times that I've ridden Indy, I've never been stalled. Come to think of it, the only times that I have been stalled is in HM, but that's those darn playful spooks. Always slowing down the track. Oh, yeah, we got taken off of Space Mountain because our "speakers weren't working"...I think we were just too heavy...8 full-grown adults...yep. Anyway. Indy does need some sprucing up. The queue needs a good scrub down.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    When you see that stuff, you should mention it to a CM. Sometimes they honestly don't know, and then it won't get repaired. For example, a group of mine went on PotC and the the dog's keys were missing. We asked a CM about it and they didn't know and thanked us for telling them...that people steal them all the time.
    Wow, you got a nice CM. Last time I tried to be helpful, I got my head chewed off. I was on Indy and noticed that the cobweb portion wasn't working, so I let the CM know when I got off. His response was something like "Yea, we know, but if you want us to fix it we'd have to shut down the entire ride." in a very condescending tone. I said "I just wanted to point that out in case you guys didn't know." and walked away... >_<;;;
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast