Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggergrl
    Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom you guys!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd be happy if they had Keira Knightley in there...and Johnny Depp rocks.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Master of Disaster

Quote Originally Posted by 33 reject
    They can add Nicholas Cage only if his skull is on fire or he's locked in the jail, or both. That guy annoys the crap out of me.

funny you say this. he is starring in the new ghostrider movie.

i guess your for nick cage in POTC!

• Reject no more!

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    funny you say this. he is starring in the new ghostrider movie.

i guess your for nick cage in POTC!
    = groan =
    I just realized he will be in that movie. I guess flaming skulls don't make everything better. I stand corrected.

Some new tech effects that are not a direct movie tie-in would be most welcome. I hope they keep the musk, it's a nice memory trigger. And by the way, is anyone else completely repulsed by the bridge pirate's hairy legs? I kinda duck outta the way when I pass underneath just in case it would fall on me.
    ><> just call me n8 <><

I noticed yesterday that the ceiling above the area where the "lite brite" POTC sign is (at the entrance to the ride) appears to have some serious damage. It looks like water damage.

It has been that way for quite some time. With a little work, they could make it look like it was meant to be there as part of the theming.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 33 reject
    = groan =
    I just realized he will be in that movie. I guess flaming skulls don't make everything better. I stand corrected.

Some new tech effects that are not a direct movie tie-in would be most welcome. I hope they keep the musk, it's a nice memory trigger. And by the way, is anyone else completely repulsed by the bridge pirate's hairy legs? I kinda duck outta the way when I pass underneath just in case it would fall on me.
    That is the whole point of the ride. The best part about the ride is the detail.

• Animatronic

I hope they spruce it up and restore the wench scene with enhanced animatronic smooching pirates. The food scene just doesn't work for me. And suggesting people lust after food isn't politically correct anymore. Don't they know there's a serious weight problem in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Importance
    It has been that way for quite some time. With a little work, they could make it look like it was meant to be there as part of the theming.
    That's dissappointing. I don't think it was like that in 2002 (I need to get to DL more often).

i think they should add an AA alligator to POTC. i always tell everyone to look out for gators in the swamp above in the que area of the blue bayoo( just something that moves naturally staring at you. and ocassionaly opens his mouth as it yawns.)

• Rainicorn.

They've got an alligator. Too bad it gets mistaken for a log!

I like the idea of Jack Sparrow as long as it's subtle. Like, a little nod to the movie like if he's in a crowd and you can go, "Hey look! It's Jack Sparrow!"

Anyway, I think people are ridiculous if they're saying "Hey, this is nothing like the movie!" The ride existed first.

I think flaming skulls, as mentioned before, are always a good idea.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    They've got an alligator. Too bad it gets mistaken for a log!
    Isn't that what real alligators try to do?

a few ideas:

I would love to see some female pirates, since there where for real in history. Then when they bring back the parts they changed to be PC, it would be a tad bit more equal. I don't remember ever seeing a female pirate anywhere in the ride. well except the Red Head, who becomes one later in life.

They could have a figure of Orlando Bloom that gets chased by 20 love struck pirate gals.

I would like to see some visual representation of the ghosts voices that tell there stories in the caves. Maybe some sort of digital projection/lighting. So it brings home the idea that the ghosts are warning you of danger.

Add bigger cannon ball explosions in the water with the pirate ship. Anything to enhance to experience and make the rider feel like they are part of the story.

Air cannons like Indy to make it feel like there are near misses as you sail by the shoot out.

A row boat of pirates trying to sneak attack the fort/town.

Pirates that are swimming across to sneak attack the fort. Simple figures that pop out of the water, or from behind some nearby rocks

Female Pirates!

sword fighting pirates from Disneyland Paris

Smoke in the burning city segment and updated effects.

And a Johnny Depp figure to appease fans (but the die hard would be sad to find that the voice is done by Adam West)

• Banned User

I thought WDW's was going down later this year.... (along with Spaceship Earth at Epcot)
    for it's gigantic referbishment....

1) So long as Eddie Murphy stays out of HM, I'm good to go

2) I think a Johnny Depp AA would be a good addition, again so long as he wasnt an integral part of the ride. Perhaps when you first walk into the building, he is standing on that little island, just humming to himself, with the occasional "and really bad eggs" thrown in for good measure, maybe he winks at you, maybe he is so spacy that he doesnt even realize that you're there. OR maybe he could go right at the end, looking at the two pirates as they try to climb that final slope w/ all the treasure, looking at them and going "but why is the rum gone!?!??!" since those pirates of course only have treasure and no rum from what we can see. IF they really wanted to infuse the movie some more, i'd say barbossa on the ship, maybe some of the skeletal pirates popping out of the water (a la hippos on Jungle Cruise) right next to your boat. Now, I'm not in favor of this last one here, im just saying, if they did wanna infuse the flick some more, i would like that more than changing all of the other scenes too.

3) wasnt there a rumor about a HUGE refurb going on, where they changed the ride once it got dark, so that once you enter the ship/fort battle, instead of turning right and going into the city, you go straight into where they store the boats, and that ride is pure homage to the movie, skeleton pirates all around, a much darker and scarier version of the ride. Think Rockit Mtn but scarier, for older audiences only pretty much. again, not advocating this, but i heard this rumor going around at one pt. too.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear
    a few ideas:

Add bigger cannon ball explosions in the water with the pirate ship. Anything to enhance to experience and make the rider feel like they are part of the story.

Air cannons like Indy to make it feel like there are near misses as you sail by the shoot out.

Pirates that are swimming across to sneak attack the fort. Simple figures that pop out of the water, or from behind some nearby rocks
    I like these especially. That scene has is so well staged, it offers a lot of creative ideas. The swimmers could be random. Put a bunch close to the track, then have one pop up on the right or left.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast