Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Pirates of the Caribean 50th. revamp in...October?

According to Visionfantastic.com and a couple of other unofficial disney sites..Pirates of the Caribean is slated to go down for a 3 month rehab starting in October. Now this seems odd, unless of course Disney corp. gave a last minute greenlight to the 50th. revamping of Pirates (remember the original plan was that they would revamp 5 rides: small world, pirates, haunted mansion, space mountain and jungle cruise). So far we know Space Mountain and Jungle Cruise are getting revamped and HM got a few upgrades and may get more after next halloween. Its also interesting to note that in October also starts the new budget year for Disneyland as well. In case anyones wondering some of the original ideas for the 50th revamp of POTC included:

- Some amazing new Flaming Skull or Firebreathing Skull effect in the caves somewhere

- The scene between the Pirate ship and the fort was going to be replaced with a new scene featuring a fierce battle between pirate ship and a large navy ship with a 3rd ship sinking in the background.

not sure what else was in the plan. What do you guys think?

• Reject no more!

Flaming skulls make anything better!

I just hope they don't do any more PC modifications. That's lame. I'd love to see what other creative enhancements they'll think up. Let's just hope the get the budget they need.

Maybe they can add some flaming skulls to Innoventions while they're at it.
    [insert joke about burning innoventions building here]
    ><> just call me n8 <><

POTC is probably the most spectacular dark ride ever created. It should continue to evolve to keep it on the cutting edge. In my opinion, it's a nation treasure.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad
    POTC is probably the most spectacular dark ride ever created. It should continue to evolve to keep it on the cutting edge. In my opinion, it's a nation treasure.
    Are you saying Nicholas Cage should be added?

• Sock Puppet

No Way

• Reject no more!

They can add Nicholas Cage only if his skull is on fire or he's locked in the jail, or both. That guy annoys the crap out of me.
    ><> just call me n8 <><

• Back home :-(

I really really really hope this isn't true! I'm going in November and I would hate for it to be shut down... I don't know if I believe this though - having it down during the 50th doesn't make much sense to me.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I have a feeling this rehab, and the WDW potC rehab (rumored to begin this fall as well) will be a cleaning and maybe add a Johnny Depp AA?!? We'll see as WDW and DL's rehab plans for this fall continue to become more clear.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

As long as there's not a massive re-theme with the purpose of matching the movie... Sigh. The people in the movie visit a town based on the ride's theme, I hope they don't feel the need to take it any further than that by modifying the ride to include direct references back to again to the film.

From what I hear, if a new Jack Sparrow AA is added, it would just be anew AA added into an appropriate scne with only minimal changes to its surroundings. No major retheme of the ride. DL/WDW knows better then to make too many changes. Can you imagine the absolute mutiny they'd have on their hands? Riotting fans.....I can see it now.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    From what I hear, if a new Jack Sparrow AA is added, it would just be anew AA added into an appropriate scne with only minimal changes to its surroundings.
    Will his skull be on fire?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

LOL, pretty funny TOM CHANEY!

• Banned User

I think only Walt Disney World is getting the "Movie Overlay" because for some reason they get more complaints over their from their guests that the ride has "nothing to do with the movie". I guess WDW attracts alot of tourists who just arent in the know .

• Minion

I think we could use a very subtle Jack Sparrow AA; a diamond in the rough of all those less attractive pirates.

• Greetings, Program!

I wouldn't mind an AA Jack Sparrow lurking about in POTC. In addition, the pirate ship attacking the port could be re-made into the Black Pearl commanded by an AA Captain Barbossa.

Just a thought......
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast