Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins
    I think your right. Also can anyone confirm that walts office is now in orlando?
    because all that's there in it's place is displays. the office could still be behind it
    Yes. It's been in the One Man's Dream attraction at the Disney-MGM Studios for quite some time now. I don't think I have a photo on hand, but I will retrieve one later if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    That's funny about the editted pictures, I had no idea Disney did that to the picture. It's clear that they are interested in keeping the squeaky-clean "Uncle Walt" image they have worked so desperately to create. I get kind of frustrated when people think Walt was this perfect individual, this saint who did nothing bad and could do no wrong. He was an incredible family man and cared deeply for the well-being of children, but he's still human after all. It's kind of ironic that Walt's drinking, smoking and cussing is too much for the modern Disney. From what I've heard he had quite a temper too, lol. I really wish they would show the man, not the sanitized corporate image they've turned Walt into nowadays.
    However you look at it, it's the Walt that most of know from TV, books, movies, etc. that seems to have won our hearts. That is why the Company originally took that course. They didn't want it to fail after his death and so they modified things when they could to make for the best case scenrio I guess?
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    I understand, but it was part of Walt's life and his death.
    Yes, that is true. Which is why they eventually gave in and put the ashtrays back. I guess they have realized that most guests don't even know that Walt Disney was a real person these days so why focus on such a trivial thing?

•   
    • Minion

Re: Mr. Lincoln will be back!

Well, I saw him at the Oakland Mueseum... He seems to be fine... Naked, but fine... And in need of some new velcro on his left side...
    Check out my other blog:

• More Than Meets The Mouse

There is secret Government footage of George W. Bush (who thinks he is a Jedi) killing Lincoln with a Lightsaber... http://www.devilducky.com/media/46528/
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

I thought One Mans Dream had one half and Disneyland had another. Did they put both together?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    WE WANT WALT'S OFFICE BACK....Give it back......please........!!!!!
    When did Walts office move? You mean the one above the firetruck station?

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    No no, that's Walt's apartment, which is still very much there. The Walt's office that used to appear in the Opera House was taken from the studios in Burbank, I believe. I'm not sure, I never saw the old show.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Magus
    Not his apartment above the firehouse. His working office at the studio in Burbank. It used to be in the pre-show area of the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and it was moved to Floridas MGM Studios for the "One Mans Dream" exhibit, which I might add was done quite nicely. Here is a pic of the office in Florida that I took in late April.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Banned User

the story we get goes something like this... fedex was a sponsor at the time so they made a deal to move the exhibit. but since fedex is no longer a sponsor they have no one to ship it back unless they pay to do it and some of the pieces are very fragile and could break during transport. frankly i think the whole thing should go back. it's not that impressive to me anyway. just an office from the 50s and 60s. not much different from other one's i have seen. it also was one of two he had. the other one is still somewhere at the studio. anyway that is the line i got when asking around MGM. and I didn't get it from a CM. It was a little higher up. however I am sure that is the company line.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123