Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Another NO GO to Tortilla Joes fan

I love DT disney and the atmoshpere and I am prepared to pay an inflated amount for a dinner there, but last week at Tortilla Joes was the worst!!!
    Need less to say we had never eaten there. I was in the area and my hubby came down to pick me up and visit , knowing we didnt go to Disneyland and that I was in severe depression and that I suggested DTD for dinner that night everyone agreed to go. It was packed and Rain Forest had a 2 hour wait so we pretty much knew we were doombed. Walked by Tortilla Joes and there was no one in line to get in ( should have been a good hint) so thats were we ended up we figured what the heck we hadnt tried it so let's do it.
    Mistake there were four of us and one child. Child had burrito off childrens menu, dd had the two soft taco plate as did I, hubby had a burrito dinner and my son in law had guacamole and chips , also 2 apetizers, everyone except myself had soda and I had 2 Sanguiras.
    Food except for appetizers sucked, Dinner bill 103.00 , hubby sick the rest
    of the night.
    Bright spot got to World of Disney and hubby brought me framed litho Thomas Kinkades 50th Disneyland painting. I was like wow you shouldnt have , well he said if he could spend that much on an awful dinner buying the litho was a joy and he got so much more for his dollars.

• Banned User

Re: Another NO GO to Tortilla Joes fan

man, I am a huge mex food fan but greatful I didn't waste
    my money here! I eat alot of it being that I live 60 miles north
    of Nogales, Sonora!

I've had similar situations at the Joe's Crab Shack chain...
    both here AND in Anaheim! We call it Joe's Crap Shack now!

Here's to Disney filling their kitchen with some Disney Magic
    when their lease is up!!!

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I feel some dining locations are just really hit or miss. For example, I've never had nothing BUT good food at the Joe's Crab Shacks that I've been to, and I don't even like seafood.

• Neep meep beep

Wow. I have had three bad experiences with Tortilla Joe's now, mostly having to do with service. I have a few questions for you:

1. Was your major complaint the price of the total dinner, or the fact that your husband got sick?
    2. Assuming that your husband got sick from the food, (did he?) what did he have?
    3. How was the service there?
    4. How do you know you were "doombed"? I've been "doombed" before, but only in the Haunted Mansion. As most people know, the first five letters of "doom buggy" are doomb, so it seems natural.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Word.
    Sorry your hubby found out the hard way
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

1and 2. I expect to pay top dollar when dinning at DTD , he had a beef burrito and the worst part about him being sick was I got to listen to how awful and deadly the food was for the next 24 hours.
    3.A water refill was hard to come buy and my second glass of sanguria came after our meal, the guacamole my son in law ordered lagged behind the main dishes its not like they had to cook it ,the waitress blammed it on the bar and that she was flustered since another guests meal was slammed dunked on the floor en route to their table.
    4.The lack of people waiting to get in should have been a big clue that possibly the 1000 haunt would come from Tortilla Joes.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I like Tortilla Joe's outside service for a quick burrito. Decent price (for DTD anyway) and the food is way better than the Mexican fare IN the park.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• e komo mai

Not that this is an excuse, but TJ's is severely understaffed. The management needs to take out a loan and buy a clue.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

I've not had a great experience eating inside the restuarant, but I do like the counter service as well.

I wasn't even crazy about the food they had at TJ's for the annual passholder event last month.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

My son and his girlfriend ate there several months back because it was the only restaurant in DTD that didn't have a huge wait that evening. He thought the food was pretty good--not sure what they had--but I am a little afraid to try it since I've heard so many bad reports.

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Not that this is an excuse, but TJ's is severely understaffed. The management needs to take out a loan and buy a clue.
    AMEN to that. Half the service problems would disappear with a larger, well trained staff.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

I've never had a problems at TJ's. They make great Margarita's and wonderful shredded beef nachos. The guacamole is not bad either. I've eaten there many times and have never had bad service.
    Mike

• For You!

Just out of curiosity - did you complain to management? If not, you should - it will never get better without a little nudge from the customers.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

My first two experiences with them a few years ago were fantastic - good food and good service.

The last three times after that are now the last three times ever. All of those times, the food was dried out and "chewy", gave me indigestion, and the service was horrendous - two of those times, I couldn't even get a single refill on my drink.

I've never tried the outside service though. I'd be willing to give that a single chance, and the food better be better than it is inside for me to ever go back.

• insufferable know-it-all

I hear service is a problem at all the Patina restaurants (including Tortilla Jo's). Apparently it stems from management issues (if discussions with waitstaff there are to be believed.

I have had bad experiences INSIDE their restaurant, however, I have to say that I liked the taco window outside. $20 for two for dinner, but that's not terrible for Disney.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast