I've heard bits and pieces here and there about effects used in Indiana Jones.. I'd like to get the record set straight on some of them.
1) The "ceiling falling" effect in the Eye of Mara room. I seem to remember a green laser fired off when I first rode the ride, but don't remember a ceiling effect. I've heard that "it rusted" and I've heard that it was't fast enough to flash freeze for every car coming through. Anyone got the real scoop? Now in the Mara room, if you look up there is a starry night sky-- was this always there?!
2) The room you go into after the Eye of Mara -- wasn't it supposed to be themed differently a little bit each time? Different fog/lightning effects?
3) Rats -- where is this in the ride, and how exactly is it supposed to work/not work?
4) Fire -- When the ride first opened, I remember there being quite a bit more real fire used, namely when crossing the bridge. Now, it seems like the skull's eye is lit 50% of the time, and there are tiny fire bursts next to the bridge (but not when crossing.) Do they do this to save gas or something? When you cross the bridge now, there are two snakes that shoot "fire" (colored lighting and smoke) at you. Are these fairly new?
5) Fire, Part 2 -- Why does the ride/smoke have a distinctive smell? Hard to describe, I almost don't like it.
That's my questions so far.. any comments/answers would be appreciated!