Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lost something on a Disneyland/DCA Ride and then what happened?

On the first day on Monsters Inc soft openings, my sister and I were so excited that we left our camera cases in the "taxi" on the ride at the same time. We realized it when we got off. The CM at the exit informed the inside CM's and they checked each car through one rotation and found my sisters case.
    I checked lost and found a few hours later and low and behold...there mine was. It was nice to get my $10 camera case back!!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to share your stories. I feel better now knowing how good DLR is with lost items. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• FastPass n00b

I don't know if this counts, but one time when I was staying at the Disneyland Hotel I caught a showing of Fantasmic. It was brand new back then so I was able to sit down on the grass and enjoy the show. However, when I got back to the Hotel I noticed my wallet was missing and I panicked. I was just a kid so I didn't have my license in there or anything, but I had $22 which was a lot of money to a kid back then.

Anyway, my mom called Lost and Found and they did in fact have my wallet, apparently it slipped out of my pocket when I was watching Fantasmic. When I went to inspect if anything was missing, I found something very interesting. I had $22 in various small bills when I lost it and when I opened the wallet I found a twenty and 2 ones! I guess whoever found it needed the change so they replaced the money with larger bills. I thought that was very amusing.

I was so grateful for whoever returned my wallet. I felt so helpless and panicked when I lost it, but one great thing about Disneyland is you can almost always count on good people in the park. I know everyone has their rude guest story of how they almost got run over by a stroller or shoved around by an AP, but that day really reinforced my faith in Disneyland's guests. Disneyland is by FAR filled with more great people than rude people. I just wanted to share that since the rude guest stories seemed to have been piling up around this board.

• ROFLCOPTER!

My sister lost her driver's liscense and debit card at disney world. She swore it wasn't her fault and that someone took it but lo and behold, it showed up in the mail about a week after we got home.

At Disneyland my brother once lost his camera case. Our address was inside and they mailed that to him as well. Huzzah!

....Tatsu at Magic Mountain is a taker of all things losoe and article like. If you ever come to that 'other' park please, please, PLEASE use the lockers at the entrance to that ride. You have no idea what it would mean to me.

I lost a backpack on Indiana Jones, got it back within a couple of hours.

My brother once lost a hat on Splash Mountain, and they mailed it to him a month or so later, needless to say he had to replace it, as it was green and had red writing, and it was now brown and whitish writing, the chlorine basically ate the hat, but at least they were nice enough to find it, or it probably clogged a filter, whichever came first

• Senior Minion

On my birthday last year, I lost my AP on Splash. A very good reason sometimes not to wear a lanyard or better to take it off and put it in a personal bag or pocket.
    Well, the great folks at Lost and Found had it in the mail the next day. Two days later I recieved it. Also lost a brand new camera phone on BTMRR, but luckily I was able to recover it quickly, I went back and the nice CM's had not turned it into L&F. So far good things.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

My fiance always wears a baseball cap, and during our trip I usually remineded him to stow it safely on the rides where it would be an issue. We had ridden Indy several times and he had worn his hat without it coming off. Then, the next time we went on, it got blown off when we came around the corner after going down the stairs. We wondered about it all through the rest of the ride, and I was sad because I had bought the hat for him. Then, when we were getting off of the ride, we found out that someone in the back row caught it. Then he forgot it once when we got off of the Matterhorn, but luckily a CM grabbed it and we had it back within a few minutes.

This is little off topic, but since I am discussing things that happened to my fiance's hat during our DL trip, and it was very strange...When we were in the World of Disney store, a woman offered to buy his UAF hockey hat for her daughter's hockey player boyfriend because she didn't like him very much and thought that it might make him want to go to Fairbanks, Alaska to play hockey.
    Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
    WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
    Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006!

Ok, Aurora, that story about that woman is just funny and weird at the same time. Why not just dump the guy? LOL.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say that this thread brought a smile to my face. It's wonderful to hear about the great CMs and guests at DLR. Looking forward to my Father's Day trip with my parents!

• Basking in birthday love

My cell phone slipped out of my back pocket while riding Mulholland Madness two summers ago. I realized it pretty quickly and ran back to my ride, while my sister called the phone. I got back to the ride to find one of the CMs talking into my phone, a rather bewildered look on his face. It was pretty cool.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Lost something on a Disneyland/DCA Ride and then what happened?

Wow, does anyone NOT loose anything while in Disneyland/DCA? But it's good to know that Disneyland has some of the best CM's working at any theme park.
    Micoofy Duck

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by writerevie
    Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say that this thread brought a smile to my face. It's wonderful to hear about the great CMs and guests at DLR. Looking forward to my Father's Day trip with my parents!
    Well thanks, I started this thread and was surprised by the stories left by MiceChat members. They always take the time to share wonderful stories. Thanks everyone!
    Micoofy Duck

• Minion

I lost my cell phone on Haunted Mansion once and I didn't realize it untill I was over by the Pirates bridge. I went back and told the CM working the unload are and we both looked in every doombuggy that came by but nothing was found. I next went to Lost and Found and filed a ticket for my lost phone and they said they would mail it to me if it was found. Well, a few days later I got a small box in the mail with Disneylands adress on it and there was my phone.

• ROFLCOPTER!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Wow, does anyone NOT loose anything while in Disneyland/DCA? But it's good to know that Disneyland has some of the best CM's working at any theme park.
    I have not personally lost anything, though my parents lost me once when I was five. I was the lost article. Tsk tsk. But then a cm found me a returned me. Hoorah!

I lost the lens cap to my camera once. Went to Lost and Found and the lady CM brought over this huge plastic bin with what must have been hundreds of caps! Always thought that was comical. Anyway I found a cap that fit -- I don't think it was actually mine, but oh well, someone, at some other time, probably got my original and put it on their camera! Ha!

• Bruin Basketball Fan

My friend lost her special July 17th Golden Ears when we rode Buzz and they just had us wait at the exit while a CM went on the ride with a claw type device and retrieved it. That was really nice of them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast