Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Lost something on a Disneyland/DCA Ride and then what happened?

I'm curious, what if I lose my hat, glasses, sunglasses, and/or anything on a Disneyland/DCA ride, what happens?

Do you have a story where you lost something? Did you get it back?

Any rides I or anyone shouldn't wear sunglasses/glasses while riding?

Any tips for keeping glasses/sunglasses on while on a ride like Space Mountain & DCA rollercoaster?

Start posting away...
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Lost something on a Disneyland/DCA Ride and then what happened?

I realize this is supposed to be a serious thread, so I'll just get this out of the way now.

I'm pretty sure the original poster is not intending for there to be any wisecracks on things lost on rides such as Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and the now gone Adventures Thru Inner Space.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Lost something on a Disneyland/DCA Ride and then what happened?

Well when I went to WDW last year I was leaving Goofy's rollercoaster ride in ToonTown Fair and a woman told the employee that her son lost his hat on the ride. She asked if he could get it. He told it that he can't get it and that she won't get it back.

She got angry and asked "Am I suppose to buy another one now?" to which the CM said "Yes".

I just didn't know if Disneyland was as serious when it comes to lost items on a ride as this incident in WDW.

I don't believe anyone has made a "wisecrack" [yet] but sometimes the unusual happens and I was just curious if someone had dealt with this problem before.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I thought it would be hilarious to pull the classic "I lost my head" joke on BTMRR by pulling my sweatshirt over my head. Silly me, I lost my lanyard with 2 APs, 1 5-day ticket, $200+ in gift cards, $100+ in cash and about 14 pins. Thankfully the friendly BTMRR CMs found it and were able to return it!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Last year my wife lost her phone on Indy. We went back to the ride and the CM went out of their way to help look for the phone. When it didn't turn up, we were told that each night after the ride closes, they do a walk through and collect any items they find and send them to Lost and Found. Well sure enough, we checked back the next morning and their was her phone.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Just Me

I lost my sunglasses somewhere in FL on Sunday. They fell out of my purse. I just wrote them off and paid a visit to Sunglass Icon and bought another pair.

• Ok time for cocoa

Some years back I lost a hat on Indy, got it back the next day, at the lost and found.

Earlier this year I lost my glasses on the Monorail. The Cm called the next station where they were found, and returned to me.

Both of these were at DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Hooterville, USA

My cousin left her bags in a stroller one night and when she went to retrieve them, the stroller was gone. I went to the lost and found the next day and found her lost bags. My cousin is none too smart!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

I've never lost anything at Disneyland before but as far as sunglasses go, I am able to keep them on while riding Thunder Mountain, the bobsleds, and even the coaster at DCA. I could keep them on on Space Mountain, too, but it's so dark in there, there's no need.

When you use the little mesh bag to hold your things that some of the rides have, make sure to get your stuff out after the ride ends. My son left his sunglasses in the bag on Space Mountain, but he realized shortly after we got off the ride and when we went back to inquire, a CM was holding them, as the person who had ridden in the ride vehicle after us had just turned them in. You just pray an honest person followed you into the vehicle.

• Guardian Construct

My daughter lost her meds bag of the Columbia. a very nice canoe CM went swimming and got it back for her. He saw it happen and jumped right out of the canoe he was in. Good thing we keep it all in a bag that floats!

• For You!

I have found lots of things on ride - last trip the popular item was crowns. I did return them. My camera fell out of my bag on the Matterhorn and luckily someone gave them back to a CM and I got them back. My son lost his disposable camera and we went to Lost and found to see if it was turned in - they gave us a camera back (it was a spongebob camera) and when I developed the film - half the pictures were of total strangers - so, a word to the wise, put your name on your items!!!

Also, both of my sons lost their gold ears - with their names on them, and they never turned up - (it was the trip of losing items.)

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Artsy Fartsy

My Best Friend lost her hat on Matterhorn. It just flew off. She asked the CM when would they be able to get it for her they told her they do a run through at the end of the day when the ride is closed. If they found it she could pick it up the next day at lost and found. The next morning we went to lost and found....... TA-DA it was there. Yeah!!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• The Fresh Maker

One time my friend and I were riding the train and his keys fell out of his pocket, out the back of the train. The fun part was, we had no idea where.

We went to Lost and Found at the end of the night, and they were there! This was in '90-92. Awesome cast members!

And, to tie in to BFJen's story, one time the same friend and I found a expensive camera with a few photos left on it. We turned it in, but took some nice photos first.... nothing bad, actual good shots of things we thought they might have missed: The old pet cemetery on the side of the Mansion, the Wishing Well, etc... We ended with a couple of shots of us on the People Mover. I now I feel bad about wasting some film, but I was 16 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jessk
    I thought it would be hilarious to pull the classic "I lost my head" joke on BTMRR by pulling my sweatshirt over my head. Silly me, I lost my lanyard with 2 APs, 1 5-day ticket, $200+ in gift cards, $100+ in cash and about 14 pins. Thankfully the friendly BTMRR CMs found it and were able to return it!

WOW when we were there this last February, we FOUND a lanyard with tickets and cash in it and turned it in!! Hmmm could you have been the one who lost it??

"small world"

jan
    Janette

• Basking in birthday love

If it's a medical emergency (i.e. your life-saving pills are in the bag) or something else major, like your plane tickets for your flight that leaves that night, they'll shut down the ride to get it. Otherwise, you'll just have to wait until the next morning. Shutting down and powering back up a ride (especially an E-ticket, where these kind of losses are most common) takes far too long to be able to do if it's not an emergency.

My sister's hat once flew off on the drop at Splash Mountain. We saw it on the front of the log behind us in the pictures.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast