Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

6-12 PHOTO UPDATE: Pieces of Eight, Club Buzz, Opera House, Mad Hatter, +MORE!

I'm back with another update!

Last time out, I took a load of photos of the newly remodeled Pieces of Eight and as we were walking down Main Street at the end of the night I was looking through the pictures and I accidentally hit the "erase all" option on my digital camera and lost nearly everything, save for a couple of relatively useless photos. I didn't do that this time though, and to make up for my mistake, I took a bunch of Pices of Eight photos that I hope do the shop a little more justice than some other photos on the online communities have been doing. Let's just say that FLASH photos do the store NO justice, and upon closer inspection, the store really is much more detailed, much better themed, and overall an improvement over its previous incarnation.

Also, over at the Blue Bayou there is now a big treasure chest in the lobby. I couldn't manage to get a photo of it, but from the small crack in the window coverings, it looked pretty neat

Anyway, enough rambling. Let's get to it. All photos are by me, unless otherwise noted.

PIECES OF EIGHT

The Check-Out Area:

[Photo by Peoplemover1]

The courtyard between Pieces of Eight and Le Bat En Rouge

[Photo by Peoplemover1]

The Store and Themeing details:

I thought that this was a clever way to hang shirts - from a sword!:

Reminiscent of the Captain's bed from the ride:

A really cool chandelier - a monkey chandelier!:

[Photo by Peoplemover1]

[Photo by Peoplemover1]

KING AND QUEEN RESTROOMS CLOSED
    The King and Queen (previously Prince and Princess) restrooms in Fantasyland were closed for what seemed like forever finally opened a month or two ago have now closed again "for improvements." Strange, I wonder what's going on?

CLUB BUZZ
    A section of the Club Buzz walls are down. They've added a new handicapped-accessible ramp.

The uglyness of this concrete work leads me to believe they may still be planning to paint this. Who knows though?

MAIN STREET OPERA HOUSE AND THE MAD HATTER
    I don't know if it's the Opera House exit lobby that's getting an expansion, or if it's the Mad Hatter, but the interior wall separating the two has been removed and it looks like one of the two areas is getting expanded. The Mad Hatter is also completely gutted. Ladders and wood can be seen inside the empty store.

Opera House:

Mad Hatter:

AND THE REST... DISNEYLAND AFTER DARK:
    Space Mountain is so photogenic. Especially after nightfall:

Star Tours extended queue:

Main Street, U.S.A.

Well, that's it. I hope you enjoyed the update. I'll keep 'em comin' as often as I can if you guys want them. Just let me know
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-13-2006 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Fixing some spelling, grammar, and style errors

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: 6-12 PHOTO UPDATE: Pieces of Eight, Club Buzz, Opera House, Mad Hatter, +MORE!

awesome night time shots!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Basking in birthday love

Re: 6-12 PHOTO UPDATE: Pieces of Eight, Club Buzz, Opera House, Mad Hatter, +MORE!

I think Mad Hatter is getting expanded, though I saw a brief mention on our roll call board a few weeks ago that our exit lobby will be changing; there's some business with numbers leading me to believe that they might be adding turnstiles to the exit lobby, so they can determine how many people actually see the show, versus how many just go into the lobby.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Ian The Fox

Excellent pictures! You really evoked the feeling of what it's like to be at Disneyland at night.
    Woof!

• I Love Disneyland!!

Awesome photos, LOVE the nightlife at DL MasterGracey!

That is a great shot of the SM queue. Keep them coming!

p.s. Thanks to all the CM's working at Pieces of Eight who put up with our photo taking! They thought we were spies from Knotts Berry Farm! hahaha
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I think Mad Hatter is getting expanded, though I saw a brief mention on our roll call board a few weeks ago that our exit lobby will be changing; there's some business with numbers leading me to believe that they might be adding turnstiles to the exit lobby, so they can determine how many people actually see the show, versus how many just go into the lobby.
    Very interesting. I never thought about the fact that there aren't turnstyles at the exit. I guess it makes sense that they'd be at the exit rather than the entrance. Interesting info, thanks

| | |

• Shablagoo!

Thanks for the pictures, especially from Pieces of 8. I love the way it looks.

Those are great pictures! I love the ones of Main Street at night!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1
    Awesome photos, LOVE the nightlife at DL MasterGracey!

That is a great shot of the SM queue. Keep them coming!

p.s. Thanks to all the CM's working at Pieces of Eight who put up with our photo taking! They thought we were spies from Knotts Berry Farm! hahaha
    Thanks! And thank you for sending me your pics, too. And another thank you for driving yet again last night!

The CMs in Pieces of Eight were awesome last night - the interaction with guests is always a great thing to see (sword fighting with little pirates, gun fights with others so cool!). If any of you are reading this - thanks and excellent job!

| | |

It's amazing how I never seem to make it in to these pictures. I awkwardly stand in your shots, and talk about randomness in hopes of getting in, but never does it happen.
    *Sigh*

At any rate the pictures turned out amazing and you are a good photographer which I didnt really know. I guess when you have such good subjects--even if they dont include charming, darling, me--it's hard to take a bad picture.

Keep the updates coming!

• Neep meep beep

Great pictures, as usual ... especially the Space Mountain and after dark shots!

P.S.: MG- This is Mousesteak. ....UGH i hate sharing a computer.

Good job on the pics, they make me wish I could go to the park tonight!

• I am a Pluto lover

Great pics!!

Thanks for sharing! I cant wait to get there!

3 DAYS! 3 DAYS!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Those are some great pictures! The themeing of the Pieces of Eight looks great. Although the BB lobby could always use a few more chairs, sitting on that step isnt too kind on the behind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast