• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Anyone fly to Disneyland through LAX? Then How'd you get to Disneyland?

I'm actually flying into LAX because I've never been there before, first time experience for me and I am using Disneyland.com's Disney transportation. But unlike WDW, I have to get my own luggage. I hope that's not a lengthy experience! Any tips after arriving in LAX?

Want to share your stories after landing in LAX and getting to Disneyland?

How about returning to LAX after your trip was over. Was that a pleasant experience or a bad experience? I look forward to everything's 2 cents.

I'm also staying at Grand Californian Hotel, if that helps anyone's tips and/or stories. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Man O Lantern

Re: Anyone fly to Disneyland through LAX? Then How'd you get to Disneyland?

LAX is large and perhaps overwhelming, but it's all compartmentalized. Not every flights coming in the same time as yours will be at the same baggage claim area. I think I've seen maybe two luggage carousels going at the same time when I arrive there. Baggage claim at LAX takes no longer than any other airport I've flown into. Fifteen minutes, maybe? We usually get off the plane, head to the bathroom and Starbucks, then down to baggage claim and in a minute or so, the bags are coming out.

LAX shuttle drivers are perhaps the looniest, bravest, most fierce drivers on Earth. How they aren't all dead is beyond me. Better them driving than me. We've taken Super Shuttle on most trips from LAX, once a taxi, once rented a car, and several times picked up by friends. Super Shuttle has been great there, cheap, reliable, okay drivers. I can be at Disneyland within an hour of landing when I use Super Shuttle.

Have fun and don't worry about LAX!

• Rock Star Minion

All you need to know is that you need to go to the outer curb and wait under a certain-colored sign. I can't remember which color, though.

I don't know what "disneyland.com's Disney transportation" is. Is it a shuttle, or a bus? These pick up a different colored signs. I suggest you call someone at disney to find out what kind of transportation you're getting.

OK, I checked out lawa.org, and found this color schematic:
    Green: "Flyaway, buses, and long-distance vans." "Flyaway" is a service to specific not-Disney places. Van Nuys and Union Station, I think are the only places.
    Red: "Hotel and parking lot shuttle." Nearby airport hotels.
    Purple: "Rental car shuttle."
    Orange: "Shared ride shuttles." PrimeTime and SuperShuttle.
    Yellow: Taxi

I think this is all there is. There is a long curb outside each terminal and a space for each of these.
    Last edited by sediment; 06-13-2006 at 03:18 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

oye, to bad you did not come in on john wayne.. my first time ever to disneyland was 3 years ago, I flew into john wayne then to and its so much easier and better.been back 3 times and always fly into john wayne, it makes sence !
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 06-13-2006 at 05:40 PM.

• Banned User

RENTAL CAR
    or
    SUPERSHUTTLE.COM

from LAX

On future trips John Wayne/OC is closer, although usually more expensive to fly into then you can just take a cab to DL - although a rental car is better if you plan to go to more than just DLR.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I second the suggestion of flying into John Wayne. Nice, smaller airport that seems to have a lot less traffic, and if I'm not mistaken, is actually closer to the Disneyland Resort.

• Banned User

Use the Disneyland Express...

www.airportbus.com

It's about a 45 minute trip from the airport to Disneyland, and the price is much cheaper than what you'd pay otherwise, unless you're with a large party. It also doesn't stop anywhere except the Disneyland Area... so if you're staying at Disneyland, it's a much more direct ride.