Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Defying gravity

Are We Too Critical Of Disney Theme Parks???

I was just thinking - and I'm guilty too - but are we waaaaay TOO CRITICAL OF DISNEY THEME PARKS??? I mean, we (Mice Chatters) debate and discuss every little detail of Disney parks. Most people who visit the Disney parks pretty much have the same experience no matter what they do or what attractions they go on. I think sometimes we overanalyze Disney theme parks when we should j/ go w/ the flow and enjoy them more.

(Ironically, I say this as I continue to post new threads again and again...!)

• Official Mice Chat person

Re: Are We Too Critical Of Disney Theme Parks???

I bet Walt Disney would have never guessed that thousands of people would be discussing and debating the most tiny and obscure details of his parks. We're probably too critical, yes... But if there wasn't anyone being critical about them Disney would have no reason to have such a high quality product. We (over critical mice chatters) have our own special place in the universe, and we are needed!

• Misses Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    I was just thinking - and I'm guilty too - but are we waaaaay TOO CRITICAL OF DISNEY THEME PARK???
    Yes......

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

• ...TWO BITS!

Yes. I think most dedicated APers are, though. I live in the Southern CA area, but I don't feel too critical of the Disney parks. I get tired of people and the posts they make on the boards being too critical. I have ideas and suggestions, I read ideas and suggestions, but I don't make the biggest fuss ever about small things. It's okay to be informed about what's happening, but it's a bit overblown now.

Anybody understand any of this?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Ian The Fox

I think that everyone has an opinion and it's easy to speak your mind on a forum. However, when it comes down to it, I don't feel that I'm extremely critical of the parks. I've seen people go a bit overboard, but if people were truly dissatisfied, why would they still keep coming back for more?
    Woof!

• Animatronic

There aren't many World leaders clammering to visit Disneyland today. Not only has Disney failed to keep pace with technology, they have failed to preserve the movie quality vistas. It's actually surprising more people aren't complaining more loudly, but after 10 years of low maintence, there's much to be happy about and Disneyland is still way better than other area Amuzement parks.

This weekend I visited Sea World in San Diego. Their Star Tours style ride was laughable, but exiting into a cool polar base was great. There was almost complete immersion except that you could see their new Atlantis ride over the glacier. So much for suspension of disbelief.

It reminded me a bit of Disney, in that new rides have at times weaken other rides or lands because the context wasn't considered or taken seriously. I think it's great that Micechat exists to let those who plan and execute park changes know that we notice.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Are We Too Critical Of Disney Theme Parks???

Way too many critical thoughts and comments on Disney Theme Parks. Nothing in life will ever be good enough for a group of people. But for one person, it's just good enough and for the next, it can always be done better. But for me, I'm content with what's here and will embrace whatever mover and shakers of our world can create because i sure as heck don't have the know how or need to create theme parks such as the ones built by... well magic. ;o)

Everyone should really find something positive in any ride or attraction at Disneyland and just build on that wonderful thought.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590
    ...are we waaaaay TOO CRITICAL OF DISNEY THEME PARKS???
    My dear, sweet child. That's what we do. It's what we live for. To help unfortunate park folk like yourself. Poor souls with no one else to turn to...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I don't know. I mean, if we were really too critical of the parks and had a lot of a emotion attached to that criticism, why would we keep going to the parks? If we were so mad, we'd stop going. But we don't.

We keep going and keep going and keep going and keep going.

So nah, we may be critical, but it's not like it's that profound.

Peace out,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719
    I don't know. I mean, if we were really too critical of the parks and had a lot of a emotion attached to that criticism, why would we keep going to the parks? If we were so mad, we'd stop going. But we don't.

We keep going and keep going and keep going and keep going.

So nah, we may be critical, but it's not like it's that profound.

Peace out,
    Roo
    What he said.

• Neep meep beep

I prefer to use the term "obsessed". Critical sounds so... oh... negative.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Some folks are defiantly far too critical of the parks at TDR. Especially DCA.
    I just enjoy them both. Other than joining them into one park there's not much I'd change about either one. But that's just my opinion...your mileage may vary
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Minion

Wink Re: Are We Too Critical Of Disney Theme Parks???

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    I prefer to use the term "obsessed". Critical sounds so... oh... negative.
    OBSESSION is the key word here. Some of you and I do not include myself in this specific group, get way, way too excited over the littlest change. Yesterday, some of you were flipping out about an open door on Pirates. ITS AN OPEN DOOR! I'm sure some of you are so obsessed that you will track the movements of trash cans located in the park. I can see it now....

"I was at the park today and I noticed that they moved trash can number 328 from one side of the walkway by Thunder Mountain to the other and also 5 feet more towards Fantasyland. I've taken 27 pics of the trash can and hope to have an advanced high definition image by the end of this week. I've also attached a satelite image clearing showing the movement of the trash can. In fact if you see the other pics I have posted, taken March 27, 2001 at 04:34 PM, you can clearly see the original position of the trash can behind us in the picture. Why did they move this trash can? Is this some sort of indication that they will be building a new attraction in it's former position? I hope it's not another Pixar themed ride because that would just upset me and make me start a whole new thread."

Yeah, maybe it's a little over the top....but you get the idea.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Those trash cans add to the whole architecture of the park. I'm sure theres some Fung Shue thing going on to keep the positive karma flowing through out the park so that everyone has a sense of peaceful serenity...

Yes we're too critical sometimes haha

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    I'm sure some of you are so obsessed that you will track the movements of trash cans located in the park. I can see it now....

"I was at the park today and I noticed that they moved trash can number 328 from one side of the walkway by Thunder Mountain to the other and also 5 feet more towards Fantasyland. I've taken 27 pics of the trash can and hope to have an advanced high definition image by the end of this week. I've also attached a satelite image clearing showing the movement of the trash can. In fact if you see the other pics I have posted, taken March 27, 2001 at 04:34 PM, you can clearly see the original position of the trash can behind us in the picture. Why did they move this trash can? Is this some sort of indication that they will be building a new attraction in it's former position? I hope it's not another Pixar themed ride because that would just upset me and make me start a whole new thread."

Yeah, maybe it's a little over the top....but you get the idea.

Some needs to take some pictures of a garbage can that is near Thunder Mt....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast