• For You!

Heat? Jackets? I need some Packing Tips

Today is the big packing day for my trip. I've been hearing that it's been really hot in Anaheim. So, I'm only taking light jackets, just in case. But, has it really even gotten cool enough at night to need them?

I'm not packing any long pants, just shorts - and I'm making my kids bring hats (I'm a sunscreen, stay cancer free fanatic). I am going to throw in an umbrella and a couple of ponchos, because we're expecting rain here, so, I thought to be safe than sorry.

Any other ideas on weather related items?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Heat? Jackets? I need some Packing Tips

Light jackets are a good idea. It has gotten a little chilly at night, but chilly for us and chilly for an Idaho gal might be two different things.

I don't think there is any possibility of there being rain here until at least October!

Be sure to bring a couple of water bottles that you can refill to keep you and the kidlets well hydrated! A spray bottle with some fresh water in it is nice for a quick cool down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Minion

Looks like youre pretty much covered. Summer in Anaheim can be warm during the day and in the evening it cools off quite a bit so bringing light windbreakers is about all you would really need.

• Damn Good Burger!

I always bring one pair of pants, even in summer (of course there's never been a need to put them on - that didn't sound right did it?). But June can be odd. There's always a possibility of overcast conditions which is fine for the day but night can get chilly. I'm usually in shorts and a tshirt from open to close during the summer but my wife always wears pants and a sweater at night.
    That didn't answer your question. You should be fine with shorts, sweatshirts, and lite jackets for you visit. Hats are always nice for the really hot days - and for days when you don't want to wash your hair.

• Mousketeer

Don't forget your swimsuits

it's finally gotten into a more typical weather pattern here. cool mornings, warm afternoons so what you have planned sounds great.

Yep, I'd leave the rain gear at home. It doesn't rain here in the summer! I always bring sweatshirts or jackets for everyone. Of course, if you don't bring a sweater and you end up needing one, you WILL be in the best place in the world to buy a new one!!!

Don't forget sunglasses and comfy shoes!

JULIE

• For You!

Thank you all - that really helps. I checked the weather and it says highs of around 80 degrees - that will be so perfect!!! And we will be bringing swimsuits (much to the dismay of the people at the Doubletree pool).

• Neep meep beep

Yes, June gloom is in full effect.

Packing? Jackets? Yes. Packing heat? Oh no, why are you packing heat?

He's packing HEAT everyone... run!

• Rock Star Minion

1. Check the weather right before you leave. Even in summer.
    2. Whatever you don't need for that day, don't bring to the park.

Certainly a roll-up winbreaker (into a tiny ball -- we found some at Target) or sweatshirt for each party member is a must. And, you can always buy souvenirs that double as kid-warmers.
    Legs can stay warm by walking. A long-sleeve shirt might be all you need for early morning or late-night.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    And we will be bringing swimsuits (much to the dismay of the people at the Doubletree pool).
    The Castle Inn has it worse cuz Im bringing mine too!

I packed shorts, short sleeved shirts for the days and more short sleeved shirts and capris for the evening. I also have a sweat jacket just in case.

We go every year in June and I have never needed to take the jacket to the park. 2 more days!!! I cant freakin wait!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

It also depends how easily cold you or your family members get. My arms and legs are quite...skinny...so I get cold easily. I usually go in the late afternoon and will always bring my sweatshirt with me just in case. Even with that and wearing jeans I got cold this past Friday night waiting for the fireworks. (very cool breeze kept hitting me.)

• Hooterville, USA

Some rides you get wet and a jacket wouldn't hurt! You can keep them in a locker until needed. Our nights really cool off.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Defying gravity

Hmm....I don't think it will rain. But jackets are a must. I've visited DL in March, June, July, and December. And it's never been warm enough where I have not needed a jacket in the early morning and late evening. Bring the jackets with you and leave them in lockers...brrrr...it's cold at night. You don't need ponchos though.

I would pack at least one pair of pants, but that's probably just me because I tend to get cold once the sun goes down--especially if I've gotten a little sunburnt, then I get the chills. But you have got to be used to really cold temperatures, so I'm sure you'll be fine in shorts. My California blood is very thin.

• For You!

Well, I caved and packed a pair of pants, jackets for all, swimsuits - lots of sunscreen and an extra pair of sweats in case I see Grouchy Rob without his pants running around Disneyland.