• Minion

Lightbulb idea for new shop on Main Street USA! #2 - Vault Disney

First off, I give credit to Mini Imagineer for his thread which inspired me to do this one for this idea I've had for some time, and haven't done a thread on it for whatever reason. Hmm...

Well, here's Mini's thread....

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/28040-idea-new-shop-main-street-usa.html

Similiar to his idea, but a totally different theme. And it doesn't necessarily have to go on Main Street.

Everyone misses some of Disney's animated movies that are on limited release. Disney releases their animated classics out on dvd for limited times before putting them back into the "Disney Vault." Not everyone can purchase these classics when they're out, or some just simply don't know they're available.

Well, how about opening a shop in Disneyland, or Magic Kingdom or perhaps both, and call it "Vault Disney" or simply the "Disney Vault?" In this shop, exclusively in a Disney theme park, guests can purchase all the Disney classics on dvd that have been locked up and put away. This will in turn, draw guests to the park(s) to purchase these classics and would be a big money maker. Right now, guests can go into the music shop in Disneyland and purchase Disney movies in there. If they would open a Vault Disney say in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland (so it has a vault or a futuristic look), then maybe they could close the music shop and turn it into Mini Imagineer's train idea. Just a thought. What does my fellow micechatters think?

• Someone's excited!

Thumbs up Re: idea for new shop on Main Street USA! #2 - Vault Disney

thank you for the credit! That's a great idea!!!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: idea for new shop on Main Street USA! #2 - Vault Disney

That would be cool if they made it look like a giant safe.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

If it was on Main Street, I would balk at the idea of making it look like a giant safe...at least from the outside. Now, part of entering the store or part of it could be like walking into a vault (that is, if banks back then had VAULTS). I like the idea though.

• Having a Grand Day!

A possible retheming for the Toontown Bank?

• Ian The Fox

Wow, this would be an excellent idea. I'd be addicted to this store.
    Woof!

i like it. lets do it disney.

• Minion

You're welcome, Mini.

Heh heh...maybe I should've made this one into a poll thread.

And I like Crane's idea of rethemeing the toontown bank. And if they were to put one in the Magic Kingdom, then I can picture it being in Mickey's Toontown Fair.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

It's actually a cool idea. Whenever I hear about a film or DVD going "into the Vault", I like to imagine that there IS a giant Vault somewhere, deep beneath the bowels of a Disney-owned property.

To me, this is actually an ideal solution for those hard-to-find DVDs. I accept that Disney is committed to the business plan of releasing DVDs for a limited time and withdrawing them. It seems to work for the most part, and sales have been good. Most fans will snap them up on the release day, but there are always a few people who come to the party late and miss out on the good snacks. After all, Disney released Snow White a good 5 or 6 years ago now, when DVD was in its relative infancy. Putting it in the Vault so quickly was a mistake, as I think they missed a large portion of the market. Opening a store within the theme parks wouold ensure that they remain a 'niche' market, but are still available to fans who make the journey.

Then again, it may create a fortune for eBay sellers as well.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'd be all for it too...although I still would insist upon "Vault Disney" programming being returned to the Disney Channel lineup, or the creation of a Disney Classic channel a la ESPN Classic, which also has been the subject of other threads.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Minion

Those are some good ideas there Barry. Did not realize they took the Vault Disney clips off the air. Yes, they should create a Disney classic channel. That's one thing I miss about the Rocket Rods other than the ride itself, was the little vignettes <sp?> that you could watch within the circlevision theater while waiting in line.