Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Off to Neverland

Talking Re: Complete Furburbishment of Mickey's Toontown?

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71
    I say tear the whole land down
    Push back some of those offices that can go to another property
    And bring back all those old rides that we love!!!

yes! Can anyone say Bulldozer?!?! hehehe [smilie=1,39,19]

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Complete Furburbishment of Mickey's Toontown?

that would be a fun attraction.....Bulldoze Toontown...the new dark ride featuring the MC Toontown Haters!!!

• Neep meep beep

Maybe driving the bulldozer should be part of the "year of dreams"

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

maybey....maybe DVC could take over toon town and make it a time share area....lol

• just the beernecessities

The biggest problem with TT (besides theres' nothing there) is the flow through the area. It's a narrow dead end, filled with doublewide strollers!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    I agree. Let's knock it all down and put in some quality e-ticket attraction. Who cares about where the "little ones" will play? That's what McDonalds Playlands are for, located in every town in America.
    I agree, if your child is of the age where a (barely)themed playground area is enthralling, it's too young to be at Disneyland. Said child most likely comes with a stroller in tow, so that'd be killing two crowding elements at once!

edit: a/an dichotomy, alas!
    Last edited by Flint; 06-23-2006 at 07:27 PM.
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

• Banned User

I know i hate clones.. but....

What about an "opera" house for Toon Town.... Then they could port "Mickey's Philarmagic" into the theater... it would fit the theme well, and bring a new attraction to the area.. then turn one of the old Empty / Lawyer perfected homes into a Toon Town parking lot.. lol

• Monorail Racer

I like the Philharmagic idea. That's a great 3D show and it is a huge crowd-eater. It would fit the area well, too.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• I have Disney Love!!!!

[quote=DisneyPrincess4590]and who remembers Gadget from the 90s anyway???quote]
    I remember Gadget from "Chi-Chi-Chi-Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers" she was great she was the MacGyver of cartoon characters!

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Personally, I wouldn't really mind if they just tore the whole thing down and have it replaced with a great up to date E-ticket ride. There's not much to do there, Gadgets Go-Coaster is pretty lame, and Roger Rabbits Cartoon Spin is fun... but not worth the usual long wait. Those two rides are all there is, unless you want to wait for ages to see Mickey's house.

• back in Austin

I think there should be rides for the little ones, but if I were in charge of what gets built at a Disney theme park, it would be top priority for there to be many more rides that every age group can truly enjoy. Some of those might lean more to adults (e.g. POTC) and some might lean more to preschoolers (e.g. IASW), but they should ideally be fun for LOTS of people to enjoy.

Walt Disney is quoted as saying
    "Disneyland really began when my two daughters were very young. Saturday was always Daddy's Day and I would take them to the merry-go-round and sit on a bench waiting and eating peanuts while they rode. And sitting there, alone, I felt there should be something built, some kind of family park, where parents and children could have fun together."

Why on earth, then, have they built the very same kind of place that Walt was avoiding when he created Disneyland?

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan
    I think there should be rides for the little ones, but if I were in charge of what gets built at a Disney theme park, it would be top priority for there to be many more rides that every age group can truly enjoy. Some of those might lean more to adults (e.g. POTC) and some might lean more to preschoolers (e.g. IASW), but they should ideally be fun for LOTS of people to enjoy.

Walt Disney is quoted as saying
    "Disneyland really began when my two daughters were very young. Saturday was always Daddy's Day and I would take them to the merry-go-round and sit on a bench waiting and eating peanuts while they rode. And sitting there, alone, I felt there should be something built, some kind of family park, where parents and children could have fun together."

Why on earth, then, have they built the very same kind of place that Walt was avoiding when he created Disneyland?
    Exactly.
    There are some rides adult and kids can do..but that's just just a few.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

As a father of two little girls under 6, they loved Toon Town, but for me, it was an odd experience.

1. The Gadget Go Coaster.
    Clever, but I had no idea that it was themed. In this supposed to be Inspector Gadget? If so... why in toon town? If not... how is it related to the toon characteres? As for the ride itself, it is a very very simple coaster with no cleverness or interest once you've begun... and as soon as it has started...it's over.

2. The Jolly Trolly.
    This is an accident just waiting to happen. Great idea and brings movement but it needs more room to move.

3. Goofy-Donald-Chip & Dale areas
    I thought Walt wanted an place where Parents and Kids could do things together. There was no way I could fit in any of these and even the ones I could, I had so many kids running in differnt directions, I felt unsafe.

4. Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin
    OK... not awful, but why is the best ride in the area.... and that is by default, themed to such a movie? It was clever but not a classic. If this is Mickey's town.... I think there are better themes to go with.

I just wish they would admit that this area was only for the youngest of the young set and leave it at that.

I would fix it by making a second entance/exit and create an extra "block" of themed houses so that you had a choice to up one street and down another.
    Last edited by Beatle_johnny; 06-23-2006 at 11:59 PM.

Third time's a charm?
    Anyways, I also think a house of mouse restaurant would be great, with PhilharMagic built into it somehow.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I think some of you are too old to appreciate the novelty of Toontown. When it was opening up, my kids were nuts about it. I went to DL with some work friends at the time and got so much noise for it, eventually having to promise to not see ToonTown before they did.

While it's not quite as captivating 12 years later, you do have to admit that it's a pretty cute idea imagineering-wise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12