• Better Butter Battle Vic

Blog Entries

Disneyland Ebay Secrets?

I was on Ebay searching through all of the Disneyland items and there's an auction on there for information on how to get a year-round pass for $50 dollars a ticket, it sounds like a scam to me, I just wondered if anyone had purchased it?

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Ebay Secrets?

Scam!

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Yeah, I fell for that scam. My name is now Wilma and I'm from Virginia. Have to put on lots of makeup and a wig, not to mention I had to break out several of my front teeth. But hey, for $50 is was worth it - I have a great dental plan and wife says I look sexy in a tube top and spandex.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I recall reading about this "trick" before now; if it is the same one I am thinking of it involves a lot of barely legal manuevers and a whole lot of leg work to make it work...it isn't worth it.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• I am a Pluto lover

DONT DO IT! All she does is send an email where she tells you to stand outside the gate and ask people for their used tickets. Then you take those tickets to put towards your AP. DONT DO IT!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Neep meep beep

Information on how to get a year round pass? Not the pass itself? you should "pass".

• Neep meep beep

My wife used to ask people for their tickets as they were leaving and then enter Disneyland for free. She said that worked for years. Sneaky little woman, she is.

• Minion

If you have a friend with an AP you can send them inside the park and have them look for tickets. I always used to find tickets on the floor or even on benches as they tend to fall out of pockets. You gotta be quick cuz the custodians will sweep em up.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse
    DONT DO IT! All she does is send an email where she tells you to stand outside the gate and ask people for their used tickets. Then you take those tickets to put towards your AP. DONT DO IT!
    Obviously 160 people did it. Look at the persons profile they have 100% positive feedback. They charge $5 per secret email.

$5.00 x 160 = $800.00

To coin a phrase from Mr. P.T. Barnum (Flea)...."There is a sucker born every minute!"

They also have only been an eBay member since March 21, of 2006! My good judgement states that if anyone has to justify that "This is NO SCAM!" that it is too good to be true! Besides I think someone sort of gave up the secret already.........
    Last edited by WatchYourHeadNStep; 06-15-2006 at 09:53 AM.

• insufferable know-it-all

It's not that it doesn't work... it's that she's selling information on how to, well, basically steal.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Head Salesman

How can you get into the park with a used ticket? Don't you have to show a hand stamp to prove that you were in the park to begin with?
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Sam
    How can you get into the park with a used ticket? Don't you have to show a hand stamp to prove that you were in the park to begin with?
    Right you are sir! Direct from the other website description:
    Re-Entry

Regardless of what type of admission media you use, remember that it is Disney policy (one that they are quite strict on), that when you exit one of the theme parks, you must get a hand-stamp and present both your admission media and your hand-stamp for re-entry into that or any other park on the same day. Unfortunately, later in the day, the re-entry lines can become quite lengthy while the lines for first time entries are often deserted (except for the lonely cast member standing there whiling away the time).
    Be aware that the Cast Members can view a display on the turnstile that show that you have been in a park earlier in the day.
    The point here is that Disney is trying to keep two people from using the same admission media in the same day. I suppose it can happen, but I personally find this to be a pain in the neck. Regardless, it's better to get the handstamp than be refused entry to the park. In general, Disney will be lenient and tolerant, but you just might get in line with that one cast member that is having a bad day to make your day worse. Don't risk it! Get the handstamp and use the re-entry line the next time through.