Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Neep meep beep

Re: Little trip report about KBF and my comparison of it to Disneyland

I see. Well it must be great adult fun then ... I'll have to get a sitter and check it out this year!

Knotts has always been a nice park. The western part of the park (I think it's Ghost Town) is fantastically themed. It feels like you are really in the old west. That area is certainly my favorite part of the park. I have noticed that there are tons of line jumpers and it is quite pathetic. They are usually kids or teens who are *supposedly* joining up with friends farther in the line. For Xcellerator a fight almost broke out between some punkish teenage boy trying to cut in line between a huge guy and it really made the rest of the line mad, especially when it is a 45 minute wait.

I miss the old Knott's when chickens roamed the parking lot and the biggest thrill in the park was the mine ride. I do like Ghost Rider and the Silver Bullet, but I'm afraid that bit by bit, the old park is going to disappear starting with the ghost town.

• Life is Great!

as soon as they announce the dates, try if possible to go the first or second thursday or sunday, its the least crowded. since we have annual passes, we go up in the afternoon and ride all the rides a few times (since they close early its never crowded) then at the haunt we dont have to wait in ride lines and just concentrate on the maxes and people watching, we love seeing the people who get real scared, heheheheee
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Neep meep beep

Do you dress up? How much is the "extra" admission for the haunt?

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    as soon as they announce the dates, try if possible to go the first or second thursday or sunday, its the least crowded. since we have annual passes, we go up in the afternoon and ride all the rides a few times (since they close early its never crowded) then at the haunt we dont have to wait in ride lines and just concentrate on the maxes and people watching, we love seeing the people who get real scared, heheheheee
    {:
    Knotts is great for Halloween and those who like thrill rides all year.
    The upkeep of the park is less desirable and the staff isn't all the friendly.
    We had a staff member last year tell us off.
    But if you choose to go to Knotts...Do Knotts Scary Farm. It is good.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I liked the Perilous Plunge at Knotts more than Splash Mountain.

Back in the day (mid-late 80's) there were lower rates after 4PM and I would go to Studio K, a dance "club" near Montezumas Revenge to meet girls.

I would agree that Disneyland is far superior, but Knotts has a great chicken dinner as well as a great breakfast at the Chicken Restaurant, and fantastic funnel cakes.

• Neep meep beep

I remember Studio K. That was back when Videopolis was in Disneyland, and Knotts was theming that entire part of the park as a "Roaring 20s" theme. Good times.

• Life is Great!

the haunt is usually about 45$ per person, but there are always discount coupons at burger king(different discounts for different nights) and no dressing up(liability issue) they also have an all you can eat buffet that you can purchase before the haunt, i think it was 11 or 12 bucks last year. foods good and you are usually let in the park up to an hour before non buffet eating guests. there is also a VIP buffet, personally we dont think its worth the extra $ but i think you can buy beer/wine at that one.
    {:

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The Chickens are still in the parking lot and around Independence Hall, quite a few actually.

Haunt prices vary, with a Burger King Coupon, they start around $25 early in October, and get close to $40 on Halloween.

Knott's also still offers an after 4 PM discounted ticket.

Lisa and I have found the staff at Knott's great, we had some excellent interaction last Saturday, plus many other times.

And Knott's food is so much better, Johnny Rockets burgers and shakes are awesome, as are the freshly made Funnel Cakes (unlike those pre-made ones served at the DLR), and the Chicken Dinner restaurant, plus just outside the park, T.G.I.Friday's and Amber Waves, where we get AP discounts. Now if they could open a sushi restaurant like Yamibuki's
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Launch sequence engaged

While Knotts definitely had charm and heritage in its heyday, I personally feel it has ceased to be a quality amusement park.

Obviously, there is still a lot of history left with the park, which luckily has not been entirely uprooted by roller coasters. The Timber Mountain Log Ride and Calico Mine Ride are great rides, and Ghost Town has an obvious charm surrounding it. Plus, the Chicken Dinner Restaurant is awesome!

However, I feel the employees there really need a good leader, as opposed to the seemingly non-friendly employees. On a recent visit to Six Flags, I noticed one specific thing I can always see at Disney parks: employees with smiles. Not every employee/cast member will be friendly, but the ones which are should stand out, where I feel that Knotts lacks, unfortunately.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

Knott's and Disneyland have always been two entirely different theme park experiences. When I was a child, we would visit both parks once every year and I don't recall ever really comparing one park with the other. Knott's was the whole ghost town thing with a few modest rides and I even remember feeding seals--oh and my favorite part of a trip to Knott's was giving pennies to the organ grinder's monkey. Disneyland was a much slicker operation with amazing rides--a different atmosphere altogether.

I haven't seen a chicken in the parking lot in ages, but I don't go there very often anymore. Glad to hear they're still there and will be sure to notice next time.

• Life is Great!

we saw a bunch of the chickens while we were at the pre haunt buffet last year. it felt a little weird eating chicken while watching chickens, but the fried chicken is soooo good i had to
    {:

• Minion

I noticed that the people working the rides are quite rude and don't care about the guests. They saw one kid getting in the log before he told them to get in, and then he totally screamed at the kid. I mean, the kid was only like 8 or something....you can just politely tell them to wait.

Service is so much better at Disneyland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12