Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Has anyone ever rode the Doom Buggies back to the loading area?

Once you get back in the wheelchair at the loading zone, if there is a huge crowd, how do they get you back to the unshinking room?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave
    Once you get back in the wheelchair at the loading zone, if there is a huge crowd, how do they get you back to the unshinking room?
    There is a section along the wall, under the moving busts and past the windows that is chained off. You walk along that area and wait behind the chain untill the next group comes out of the stretching room, then you go in.

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

i always thought that there were monsters back there
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I still wanna do this...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

as has been said, it's mostly a short hallway with a black curtain blocking off the view of the CMs watching the cameras, then it goes down the "stairway" that you see to the right of the loading area. the "shrinking room" is the creepy part.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Travel-Sized Guardian

I did once before...I was in a park wheelchair for the remainder of my trip after taking a nasty spill in Tomorrowland. I'd sprained my knee up pretty bad, and I could hardly walk on it without it hurting.

Anyhoo, there's nothing really that special back there, unfortunately. Though, once when I went on it, one of the CM's said, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain." T'was funny. xD

• done

The hardest part can be getting out of the elevator after you go back up when the foyer is crowded with people trying to get into the elevator. Sometimes, they're not very accommodating in letting you out.

But the shrinking portraits are pretty cool.

• e komo mai

Sounds cool.

• The Pilot Man

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick

The shrinking elevator is kinda cool because the lights are all on & there aren't usually many people in there with you. I always wish the audio would play in reverse, though...."Paul is dead..."...
    "Is this haunted room actually shrinking, or is it just your imagination."
    I have been browsing MiceChat for at least 3 monthes now and I have finally joined!!! It is so worth it!!!

• Sock Puppet

Hehehe, I'm in a wheelchair so I do it all the time.
    What's neat is if there is no one waiting in the boarding queue (this like only happens on week days in the middle of winter) then we ask the CM if we can go on it again. Our record is 5 times during the HMH and we could've kept going but, really, we had enough!

My question is, what's it like to get off the doombuggies at the exit area? Is it scary passing by the tiny lady? What does she say? Riding that escalator and exiting thru the crypt door, SCARYYYYY!!!!!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Lacrossedragon
    *Shivers*
    That dark tunnel scares me... Does anyone know anything about the trip back to the Loading 'Docks'?

Maybe it's just a childhood repressed memory, but I get goose bumps thinking about it...and it's most likely just a short dark trip back.
    Yes, I did this once with a friend who had broken their leg and was still in a cast.

The funny part was when we got to the control panel area, which has a long drapes to cover the area, a Cast memeber stuck out his head real fast and went "booo!"

The last time we passed by the "tiny lady" and she got to the part where she says "don't forget to bring your death certificate", a little girl in front of us turned to her mother and said in kind of a panicy voice "did we bring our death certificates?" Yeah, that was cute and funny. My husband and I just looked at each other and smiled and the mom didn't really answer her--she just looked tired like she had had a very long day.

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Well, one thing about the tiny lady had to be changed a while back... She used to say "Go back" instead of "Hurry back" and people started going back down the ramp to the attraction unloading dock. If you look back, you'll see a couple of mirrors on the wall that you walk away from, and that's so the CMs can see if anyone is trying to get back on the doombuggies.

Another interesting tidbit... They actually leave the doombuggies going around and around all night long because it's easier to keep them going than to start them up again in the morning. ^_^
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Senior Minion

We have ridden it through. It really was interesting the first time when my wife and I rode the elevator back up. It's eerie at first, but not that big a deal. If you ever get the oppurtunity, do it. Sometimes they let you go around again when it is a slow day.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    It is just around the corner, you pass by security and over the control area for the ride........then down a decline into the loading area. That's about it.
    Wow, so it is much longer than WDWs. I've done WDWs a few times on a reride...it is a trip around a corner...pretty much themed to the loading area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast