Classic Disneyland setting

Just listening to a PeopleMover mp3 I have and wow, love that music, so classically Disneyland and brings back memories.

Anyone remember the lobby of CircleVision with the PeopleMover going through behind the glass? That's my classic Disneyland setting of the day. There was a plane theme in that room right? But was it just photos and other memorabilia? Can't remember.

• Mary Blair Lover

Re: Classic Disneyland setting

You stole my setting!!!

Yeah, lying on those ottomans, air-conditioning, PeopleMover going by behind glass. Pre-show movie and all those Delta Airlines decorations on the walls. That's like..... perfect!

I haven't really seen (or searched) on other MiceChatters opinions on Circle-Vision, but, for me, it was one of my favorites. But, I do admit my taste is a bit off-kilter. I went all the time when they announced it was closing. I was cool that they at least made somewhat of an event out of it, by reviving "America The Beautiful." Part of my excitement in going to WDW for the first time in 2004 was seeing all the Circle-Vision Movies. I love the Canada Pavilion, because it looked like it was filmed around the same time as "American Journeys" and had that same feel. I missed out on seeing "Wonders of China" again, they have a newer one. Anyway, enough Circle-Vision love....

Yeah, my setting would be exactly like yours!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I loved CircleVision back in the day, and America The Beautiful. Back in the days before the breakup of the "Ma" Bell telephone monopoly...

"Brought to you by...the Bell System...your host company, Pacific Telephone"...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Who remembers all the flags of states and the CM pre-show would ask people to guess which state and there was one flag that was all
    crazy...and it wasn't a real state flag....and what the answer to that one was ? I don't wanna post the answer/spoiler here...so do you remember ?

• Senior Minion

I remember when you would go in as the Peoplemover would go by, the CM would ask where each person was from in the Circlevision Queue or waiting area, where they were from and light up a spot on a map of the world. Of Course they used some form of LED light on that map. Then she would announce it out loud each place. Interesting stuff. And RB, I remember that too well.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Oh yeah, the ottomans were great and it was such an open uncrowded space. I'd forgotten about the state flags and no I don't know what the answer to the crazy flag was (hmm, I don't remember that flag). But the ambience had such a lasting impression.

• now on the mainland

Circle-Vision was awesome! A nice uncroweded place to be sure. I don't know if anyone else remembers this, but when you exited Circle-vision there were a number of large phone booths. Our family would fit into one, and call my grandmother. I remember being so amazed that all of us could talk to my grandma at once because they used speaker phones. This was in the early 80's. <sigh> What good simple times they were. Don't worry, I won't cry out for the return of the speaker phone booths. I think the phone companies have achieved that technical milestone.

• Minion

We thought those phone booths were the most amazing things!

I loved circle vision, and when rocket rods were there, I relived a lot of old Disney Circle Vision memories in the queue!!

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI
    Our family would fit into one, and call my grandmother.
    Our family did the exact same thing, called nana. Good times!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ghoofie
    Who remembers all the flags of states and the CM pre-show would ask people to guess which state and there was one flag that was all
    crazy...and it wasn't a real state flag....and what the answer to that one was ? I don't wanna post the answer/spoiler here...so do you remember ?
    Yeah, as a teenager I blurted out the answer spoiling the CM's little game.
    It's the state of c*******n.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Confusion?

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

Yes, confusion. That lobby was my favorite place to rest in the summer - they had the best air conditioning!

Fluffy Club Member