Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lowering Expectations

6-14 PHOTO UPDATE (Better than MasterGracey's): Subs, GradNite Prep, Cafe Orleans!

OK, let's get started...

And once again, this photo update is Better than any photo update Master Gracey has ever done. Guaranteed.

I bring you- subs.

The black structures to the left of the concrete show building, seen here, is the most recent addition.

Closer shot.

The zoom on my camera sucks.

A final look back at the new stuff.

See, isn't this photo update great?? It's better than Andy's already!

There's a flap in the tarp just for me in the Autopia shop. I stuck my head in.

That guy over there saw me peeking in. He didn't look too happy about that

...You know, it would have been innovative to use that LCD screen meant for GradNite to promote HISTA. Goodness knows the show could use some, and Space Mountain was broken down when I took this shot! I didn't see many takers for the show.

Fuzzy shot, but it's fun to watch how kids react to Push.

Taa Daa!

Ursula- "Ha! Now you can't see me!"

j/k

Isn't this shot cool? Look, Simba is crowned by the top spire of the castle!

Who's got the sweetest disposition...
    ...one guess, guess who!

Whooo, me??

This is by far my favorite shot. I sat down at a table near Carnation Stage and this was essentially the view I had while I was studying for my history final on Vietnam. I took the final today- I got a D+ on it LOL. But it's OK because I've had like 100% all semester, so I'll still get an A in the class. Still though, it's obvious I was....distracted.

Oh yeah, Snow's show is a go!

Aww, no more showings for today.
    Next time!

Now this part is especially for DaddyB. In a recent update he pointed out how bad a condition this historic once-upon-a-ticketbooth ODV has been allowed to be in. Well now it's getting some serious TLC.

A peek inside the gauze-y tarp stuff reveals that the paneling, which has been in a sad chipped state, has been replaced, or at least painted. I hope it's the former, but it's hard to see exactly.

I know the park closed at nine and CMs are preparing for Grad Nite, but why on earth did the castle need to be barricaded at five in the afternoon? Too early.

On the bright side, I got this shot. Yay for the geographical center of 1955 Disneyland!

See, Master Gracey would never even think to show you that!!

A look inside Cafe Orleans. Opens very soon!

As does this...

...and this.

This is looking at the ground at the Tarzan's Treehouse/POTC border, where there's a bit of outdoor queue used for Pirates. Hmm...

Bengal Barbecue closed during dinner hour. Hmm.

(Master Gracey would never even consider placing a moon shot in an update either! )

Meanwhile, no Aladding performances either. Hmm!

I'll betcha my CM ID that no one would have even noticed this duck in the water beside the Frontierland entrance if I hadn't been trying to take a picture of it. You'd have thought people hadn't seen a duck before. The shot is blurred because a kid knocked my elbow while moving in to see. I left and came back five minutes later, and they were still there.

If I were going to Grad Nite, I would have applauded the CMs moving some stage pieces across Main Street.

But I'm not, so I didn't.
    Still, it's not something you see every day.

These sunflowers are growing inbetween Frontierland and Adventureland.

Another tribute to DaddyB

Don't lean on the rail, I guess.

I never noticed these fire hydrants in the planter next to the Pirates entrance...

..And neither would MasterGracey!

I'm sure you're all very acquainted with this sign, but it won't be long until we'll never have to see it again.
    It's only a matter of days now...

Not long until the movie premiers, either.

It's Over!
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 06-16-2006 at 10:03 AM.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: 6-14 PHOTO UPDATE (Better than MasterGracey's): Subs, GradNite Prep, Cafe Orleans!

Hahahaha why I ougghtttaa...

Stealing my format, my thunder.

Curse you!

Decent update though. Nothing too great... but its a nice effort

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: 6-14 PHOTO UPDATE (Better than MasterGracey's): Subs, GradNite Prep, Cafe Orleans!

Nice pictures. *pats head*

WOW a blurry duck thats soooooooooooo cool. Much better then MG would have done. <TinC>

• Senior Minion

Re: 6-14 PHOTO UPDATE (Better than MasterGracey's): Subs, GradNite Prep, Cafe Orleans

Nice Job, 2DieFR. Oh great! Now we have a photo flame war?

Love the pics of the castle and nice update on the subs.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Bruin Basketball Fan

Awesome update. I must not have been on the boards long enough... haha for a sec I really thought you were trying to out do Andy... and that you REALLY didn't like him

• Wonderful World

I think Master Gracey won
    I'm back MiceChat

I for one have room in my heart for both your's and MasterGracey's updates!!! Thanks!! I wish I could study at Disneyland. Darn family land. Has to be in Texas, why couldn't I have a rich Aunt that lived in California!!

• Banned User

Awsome!!! you both rock!! I love these pics, but again there is so many awsome pic takers here, crazylegs, aniko , master gracy, now you, and daddy b. you all rock~!

• FastPass n00b

The 'Ursula- "Ha! Now you can't see me!"' joke was hilarious...the picture itself was funny but the caption got me laughing.

Was the flap in the tarp at the Autopia shop supposed to hide the subs completely? Because I'm wondering if taking pictures through there is "allowed". I mean, no one's going to get kicked out of the park for it, but it's kind of interesting that the guy in the picture got pissed. There is no harm in it and it's definitely not explicitly forbidden, but apparently they don't like it when people do it. I just thought they ignored people taking pictures so I found it kind of weird that the guy was upset.

• Lowering Expectations

Re: 6-14 PHOTO UPDATE (Better than MasterGracey's): Subs, GradNite Prep, Cafe Orleans

I think I was doing what most people would call "snooping," and most people get pissed when someone snoops.

But I'll do it for the sake of giving MC a photo update, and one that plusses Andy's tenfold!

The flap is just like the ones in the monorail station; they're for letting air through. It's a very out-of-the-way flap totally accessible from down in the Autopia shop.

^The guy just gave me a pissed look, like "get out, you crazy snapshot tourist."

nice update. thanks

• Minion

I love em all, Thanks and keep em coming!
    17 days till Disneyland!

Great shots of subs

• Artsy Fartsy

I LOVE the photographic rivalry. Any one else want to join in.... Aniko, maybe??? J/K. Love the update though.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Lowering Expectations

There's another part of the rivalry, too:

Ok, I've tried TWICE to meet up with Master Gracey when we're both in the park, but for one reason or another we never do, and the day I took this photo update was one of those times. We had some MAJOR communication problems He told me he might be there that day, but I didn't know if he was and he ended up telling me just as I was leaving lol Plus he's always in such a hurry with that Peoplemover1 person and he has to like chop off appendages to drive all the way from Bakersfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast