Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can I ask for the front row?

I just read the threads over at stupidguesttricks.com, and I was wondering whether CMs generally get irritated if I ask to wait for the front row. I am very nice and polite about it, and I wait patiently and don't stare at them while I'm waiting. I don't even ask how long the wait is going to be, I just wait.

So do CMs get irritated? If so, I'll stop. I don't want to make their jobs harder than they already are.

• Minion

Re: Can I ask for the front row?

For what ride?

For Big Thunder, I always ask for the back row! I have never gotten any snears from the CM's at all, and its VERY VERY common. Its almost like a roller coaster secret only the pro's know. The back row, unless its an accellerated launch, are the BEST. I generally get a smile when I ask, and I have never been denied!

So I dont think so.

For all rides. I prefer to see all the scenery, but for Thunder Mountain, I guess it really doesn't make a difference. I've had one CM at Soarin' over California sigh irritably and seemed really put out when my sister and I asked. That's why I was unsure about it.

Thanks for the quick response!

• My life is better with DL

Sometimes i think they do. But really i wouldnt worry about it. I ALWAYS ask for the front on Space Mountain and sometimes i get a smile, some times I get a shrug...but either way, I always get an amazing ride. So dont let it worry you too much. You are there to enjoy the park so enjoy it your way!

^This is the life!

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

This is how I phrase it: "Can we wait for the back row?" I think I've only been denied twice, and it was because there was a large handicapped group in the area or the line for the back row was already extremely long (and the spaces are pretty tight). Other than that I've never had a problem of any sort by asking.

Hot tip: the back row of Star Tours can't be beat, for several reasons. One, the back seats are actually higher from the floor, so unless you have long legs, your feet swing wildly all over the place in a very out-of-control fashion. Two, the attraction was programmed from the back row. Three, because of the way the cabins are constructed and attached to the hydraulics, the back row has the most movement by far.

Next time you ride, kindly ask the CMs "can we please wait for the back row?" Most of them will smile knowingly.

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

I think the extra wait is your payment to sit in the front row.
    IMO, one of the most rewarding rides to request the front row on is Soaring Over California.
    If you've been on it, you know that the middle seating and bottom seating aren't as great. You have shoes and stuff in the way the whole ride. It really doesn't matter what side you're on though...
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking Re: Can I ask for the front row?

I did this all the time at WDW. No one really ever gave me a problem besides the CM who thought they had ultimate power! You know, the ones who let the power go to their heads. But that was just a handful, maybe 4 at the most in WDW.

So when I go to Disneyland for the first time in July I plan on doing the same thing. Especially for PIRATES! If i'm going to wait forever... I'll just ask with respect and patience... "Can I ride in the front row on the next boat?" And I'll get my way... hopefully!

But like one person stated, if we are suppose to wait an hour or more to get on a ride that's 10 minutes, give or take, I want some kind of opp to get front row on the next boat. Not asking for much.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Basking in birthday love

A story from a parade lead who used to work Screamin': One night at Blast Off, she was grouping. Now, grouping on Screamin' can be sort of a pain, and was even worse this particular evening. One of the cars is built with only one seat in a certain row (I have no idea why), so the grouper has to know where that car is and when that train is coming into the station, and group accordingly. This particular evening, another train had a seat marked out in a different place, so she had to keep that in mind, too.

So a cheerleader-type comes to the foot of the stairs. "How many?" asks my slightly harried lead.

"Umm, let's see," says the girl. She twirls around and starts counting people behind her. She counts her way up the stairs and toward the elevator, and twirls back around. "Sixteen," she declares. "And we want the front row."

Of course, my lead thinks, but fortuitously, she can fit them right in. "Okay, on the right, rows one through eight."

"No," says Cheerleader, as if this were the most obvious thing in the world and my lead is just sad and dumb, "we all want the front row."

My response upon hearing this story was that I would have told Cheerleader that we simply couldn't do that, but my lead said that they weren't allowed to deny special seating requests.

A word of advice if you're asking for the front on Space: ask quickly, and be prepared to move quickly out of the way. They have to get trains out of the station extremely quickly to keep the ride from breaking down, so asking for the front makes it more difficult to fill that train. And if there are already people standing off to the side, don't ask. Seriously, don't. You'll break Space Mountain.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

We ALWAYS ask for the front row B section on Soarin, and the front row on California Screamin and Space Mountain.

In all three of those instances, it's a TOTALLY different experience!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

We ALWAYS ask for the front row B section on Soarin

yeah , last time i got last row , section B , it sucked , i had to look up , just so i wou'ldnt see the bottom of the screen , kinda ruined the immersive experience

back is the best on the Roller coasters , i prefer the back on screamin , more float time

My Maleficent tattoo

I used to ask for anything BUT the front seat on Splash, until one day when the line was very long and the CMs seemed a little frazzled, I didn't have the heart to make a special request. So I ended up sitting in the front, and I gotta tell you, it was the greatest view coming out of the mountain and looking out at the park from the top of the big drop. It was worth getting soaked.

When I'm with one certain friend, she usually asks for certain seats on rides, but I tend to just sit where the CMs want me. It's easier and faster and sometimes you're pleasantly surprised like I was on Splash.

• A spoonful of sugar!

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    Hot tip: the back row of Star Tours can't be beat, for several reasons. One, the back seats are actually higher from the floor, so unless you have long legs, your feet swing wildly all over the place in a very out-of-control fashion. .
    You are dead-on about the back row in Star Tours. When I sat there for the first time it was such an amazing experience, I have always waited for that row since! And I always ask for the front row in Space Mountain. Everything else, I take what they give me.
    Its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

• Shubisha

when i was little i asked for front row on space frequently. i usually got it, but there were times i was told no. i usually didn't ask because i didn't want to hastle them but every now and then i couldn't resist.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    This is how I phrase it: "Can we wait for the back row?" I think I've only been denied twice, and it was because there was a large handicapped group in the area or the line for the back row was already extremely long (and the spaces are pretty tight). Other than that I've never had a problem of any sort by asking.

Hot tip: the back row of Star Tours can't be beat, for several reasons. One, the back seats are actually higher from the floor, so unless you have long legs, your feet swing wildly all over the place in a very out-of-control fashion. Two, the attraction was programmed from the back row. Three, because of the way the cabins are constructed and attached to the hydraulics, the back row has the most movement by far.

Next time you ride, kindly ask the CMs "can we please wait for the back row?" Most of them will smile knowingly.
    You beat me to it. The back row throws you around and makes it even better!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've asked for special seating on Pirates (the past 5 times I'd gone on the ride, people were either screaming or talking throughout the whole thing so I couldn't enjoy it, so we asked for the back row-the CM understood, and we ended up getting a boat to ourselves, along with a mother and her son sitting in the far right and we in the far back-best ride ever), Space Mountain (front), and Big Thunder (back) and I've never seen an irrate response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast