Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• #1 Spin and Marty fan

OK, I am new here and this may have already been posted somewhere along the lines but this is what I understand about Pirates (heard at the NFFC convention last summer) . . .

The Imagineers are looking at refurbing this ride for a new night advernture. In the daytime the ride will be as it always was and that which we enjoy, but at night the ride becomes a whole new adventure. At the Pirate Ship/Fort battle scene, instead of turning right into the village scenes you would go onto a different set of tracks to the left (left of the fort with the shadow fighters dueling). You would then visit scenes which are more ghostly (ala the Moonlight walk in the movie) and scary.

Imagineers have already been backstage to measure space, etc. There will reportedly be a sign that lets parents know that the ride at night is scarier for small children.

Anyhow - I have no idea what the Imagineers have in mind but it sounds liek a great way to incorporate new ideas with still keeping the original ride intact!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I have heard this too, don't know how much of it is rumor and how much of it is fact.

My personal opinion is that PotC is a classic and should not be messed with too much.

We already pretty much know that this is planned for Space Mountain, we just don't know what it specifically entails. It sounds cool, but I would hate to think that this signals a new direction for WDI to be heading in.

I would much rather see their time/money be invested in brand new rides, rather than trying to mess with tried and true Disney originals. Tweaking rides that work? Doesn't make sense to me.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Put him in the burning city, and have him say:

"But Why the Rum?!?!"

• Confuzled Woozle

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    Put him in the burning city, and have him say:

"But Why the Rum?!?!"

Oooh, they should really put that quote in the ride! Good idea!

• Confuzled Woozle

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...ly.php?ID=1261

This article explains the whole idea.

• Metal Head

the ride has already been messed with so I cant see any harm in doing it again :devil:
    How much longer will it take
    For the world to see.
    We should learn to live
    And simply let it be.
    Bloodstone, bloodstone.

• CM for 4 years!

I would put Jack Sparrow in Orlando, far far away from MY baby!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I would redo Fantasmic! as Pirates! and make Sparrow a live character in the biggest, splashiest and most action packed Pirate vs. ghost stunt show on the river. I'd have the island rethemed pirate style and have it fight the Columbia dressed as the Black Pearl (big broadsides, gun battles, sword fighting, do blacklight on skeleton AAs, mist screen tranmsformations, and costumes as fighting pirates coming out of the water, lots of fire efx, real cool stuff..Big exploding tresure scene, love song on the ship with an orlando bloom character.. the coin projected on the mist screens, etc. Black pearl transforms back into a living ship, happy ending, etc. Make it a real wow.
    What a terrific idea !

Yeah, I think it was a mistake to make the movie about Jack Sparrow and then send kids to Disneyland to ride "Pirates of the Caribbean" after they've seen the DVD and not expect today's audience to expect some sort of connection to the hit movie.

I mean, if you live in Chicago your kids are more familiar with the dvd they've watched a thousand times than the attractions in Orlando and Anaheim.

So put a nod to Jack Sparrow in there, but dont make any major changes to the attraction... As I recall there are several LONG dark tunnels with no show, why not fit it into the story some how in one of those spots. Maybe Jack tells you he's hiding try not to give him away ! ! ! (Indiana Jones talks directly to the guests, dont' look in the eye people ! ! !)

Then you see shadows or face covered with hat, Hidden JOHNNYs if you will. So you can ignore them if youre a purist or look for em if youre a fan.

I say before adding any Jack Sparrow AA figure they should go back and change the pirates chasing the women with food back to its original form. Once done then they can think about adding Jack Sparrow. Of course being the male chauvinistic pig that I am I would like to see an AA of Miss Swan added to the ride. Add her to the Auction line up next to the Red Head

• Still wants to be a cat!

In my bed.....oops, just a thought! Don't tell my hubby! Derail..................
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    In my bed.....oops, just a thought! Don't tell my hubby! Derail..................
    Ditto here!

• Star Tours Fan

I say put him coming into dock aboard his sinking ship.

As much as I love Cap'n Jack Sparrow (and I do), and as much as the idea of a subtle nod to Jack in POTC appeals to me (and it does), I wonder how popular he will continue to be after the second and third and movies come out.

Is the schtick still going to be funny after a third movie? I dearly hope so -- I hope Captain Jack doesn't wear as thin as Austin Powers eventually did. Admit it -- you were going around saying, "Yeeeeeah, baby!" just like everyone else for a while. Right up until the second movie came out.

Point is, I hope we all aren't sick of the character right after he becomes a fixture in our favorite ride.

• Space Mountain Expert

Good point Tiny Mermaid...
    I do love Capt. Jack and am hopeful that the character won't become stale as the new moview are released.
    However, as soon as I saw Pirates for the first time, I was sold on the idea of putting an AA figure of him in the Jail sequence just like was suggested at the start of this sweet thread.
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• Minion

I think a Sparrow AA wouldn't be bad if placed in the right spot. The Jail sounds good bit I think it would be cool if he was at the lift at the end (Someone has already said this and I agree). As your going up the hill he can hurl phrases at the boats, kind of like the little doll at the end of HM..Hurry back.....he could even be singing the Pirates theme song.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast