Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

There are no plans for Sparrow (alone) to be put in anywhere. The WDW version calls for a replacement of the last scene of the attraction (something you don't have in Disneyland) called the "looting the treasury" scene. It would be converted into a cave scene with treasure all around, and Jack and Barbossa sword fighting in the moonlight.

In California, you have Jim Hill's plan... the day/night switch. And if that takes place, you won't find Jack in the normal ride, he'd only be in the night version. However, I highly doubt that you'll ever see Jim Hill's plan. It's too expensive, and as great as Matt is over in DL, he doesn't have say in all the budgets... so the only way you're gonna see this is if the Space Mt. night version proves popular. Which, by the way, is a pathetic attempt to add the Rock 'n' RollerCoaster to Disneyland at night... Yeah, we'll see how it goes. Heh heh.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I agree with the jail idea, put him in the corner- it is a good nod to the movie without being too cheesy. Lets face it, that movie and the ride will always be linked from now to eternity, there are already two more of them being made and they are bound to be successful- Johnny almost won an Oscar for it for goodness sake! Hopefully the movies will be done with the same spirit as the original. But I digress. The ride should probably acknowledge the movie at some point because people will be looking for a tie in. As long as it is subtle, I will be happy.
    I never thought I'd say this, but the jail scene, would be great.
    I think you bring up the most important point about them being connected forever now. I don't think Walt would frown on updating the classic in a good and respectful way. You could pretty much be sure he would have done it himself, it would have been good show, and he loved to use all of his films, shows, celebrities, together in the park.

Ship battle, and the end of the ride would work also.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer007
    If they do end up putting in a Jack Sparrow animatronic in Pirates, where would you place it?
    Movieland wax museum

Someplace within easy leaping distance from the boats so that I can live out my fantasy to bone an animatronic pirate *and* nail Jack Sparrow at the same time.

• Baybeh!

In Hong Kong, far away from Anaheim

• Que que no-tu-rah.

I agree with Timy Mermaid above. I think it's still too early to actually make the revision. We need to see that the character (indeed the entire movie franchise) remains popular enough to justify the additions/changes. HOw awful would it be to change the ride but in a years time no one likes it anymore because the characters have fallen out of fashion? Tossing around ideas is cool, the their implementation needs to be held off for a bit.

But to answer the original question. I think adding movie charaters to the bot fight scene would be a great idea. I don't like the idea of a wise-cracking Jack making in-jokes during the ride like was suggested in the jail scene addition. Having him there is cool, but I really don't want him commenting on how the dog will never move. That's way to self-aware. If he and other characters are going to be added to the attraction then they need to be a part of it and not outsiders just standing in making cracks about it. Bad taste.

Another spot to put Jack might be the island with the skeleton and the crabs. Jack could be sitting there bottle in hand, dozing. I like the idea of spreading props from the movies around the attraction in a subtle way. It creates a great game of finding them all and further draws guests into the attraction.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by travelmom
    I don't think Walt would frown on updating the classic in a good and respectful way. You could pretty much be sure he would have done it himself, it would have been good show, and he loved to use all of his films, shows, celebrities, together in the park.
    One good quote deserves another

You also bring up another good point: Walt Disney practically invented synergy and the Walt Disney Company has built its empire on it. The movie has a lot of the spirit of the ride in it, so something small from the movie won't be out of place. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it will not be too drastic. I am more inclined to believe that since the refurb is planned for October, it will be pretty short- with the holiday season looming at that point, they won't have time to change anything really major.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swagdaddy
    In Hong Kong, far away from Anaheim
    I dont think that sort of depiction of lawlessness will go over too big with the Chinese gvt. I wonder if that's why they are not including POTC in Phase I of HKDL. Oh well, it wasn't in Phase I of DL CA either but it is a classic now! I have mixed feelings about adding him in, it's a classic.

But as long as they dont' ruin it like they did when TIKI ROOM went under new management in FL, I think Jack could fit.

• Santa Barbara, CA

There is a small sailboat just before the auction scene close to the guests, id put him there.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer007
    If they do end up putting in a Jack Sparrow animatronic in Pirates, where would you place it? I think the best spot would be in the jail cell, with him leaning against the wall with his hat tipped down over his face (that way it wouldn't have to look exactly like Johnny Depp). You could hear Jack's voice saying "You can keep doing that forever, the dog is never going to move."
    What do you think?
    I think they should put it behind a wall where no one could accidentally look upon it...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Well my idea is like putting it behind a wall, cause you can enjoy the new elements or ignore them !
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Yeah, I think it was a mistake to make the movie about Jack Sparrow and then send kids to Disneyland to ride "Pirates of the Caribbean" after they've seen the DVD and not expect today's audience to expect some sort of connection to the hit movie... So put a nod to Jack Sparrow in there, but dont make any major changes to the attraction... As I recall there are several LONG dark tunnels with no show, why not fit it into the story some how in one of those spots. Maybe Jack tells you he's hiding try not to give him away ! ! ! (Indiana Jones talks directly to the guests, dont' look in the eye people ! ! !)

Then you see shadows or face covered with hat, Hidden JOHNNYs if you will. So you can ignore them if youre a purist or look for em if youre a fan.

• Minion

Sorry to alter your words! >:]

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    Put him in the burning city...
    In the fire. :devil:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    In my bed.....oops, just a thought! Don't tell my hubby! Derail..................

I understand, I have several Jack Sparrow shirts and my boyfriend wants to kill Johnny Depp because of it...

But back on topic, I like the jail, ship and the travelling back up ideas. But mainly the jail one. That's one of my favorite scenes in the movie, and it's casual enough to not annoy too many purists.

I think Jack Sparrow will last as a great character. He's just too funny...I'd never laughed so hard in a movie theater before, and I never tire of watching the movie. Kinda ironic too, since aside from the DL relation, I mainly wanted to see the movie b/c of Orlando Bloom. I didn't care for Johnny Depp at all until I saw the movie. He's just so charismatic...the character encompasses the wonderful feel of the ride itself in many ways.

• Sock Puppet

Mpthing against Jack. But I would like to see the sword fighting pirates from Paris.

Justin

I have to disagree with adding him into the jail scene. What made the line so funny in the movie was the nod to the ride. The pirates HAVE been doing that forever and the dog has NEVER moved. I had a blast explaining to my non-disney-ite fans why that was so incredibly funny. I just don't see it being as funny on the ride.
    Maybe in the boat scene have him climbing up the side of the boat, or in a rowboat, narrowly missed by cannon fire.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast