Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Animatronic

Re: Where would you put Jack Sparrow?

Each boat should have an animatronic Jack Sparrow that would say things while you rode the ride like "This ride needs more rum!" and "Why are the pirates eating? They should be chasing women and drinking rum!"

• My life is better with DL

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I agree with the jail idea, put him in the corner- it is a good nod to the movie without being too cheesy. Lets face it, that movie and the ride will always be linked from now to eternity, there are already two more of them being made and they are bound to be successful- Johnny almost won an Oscar for it for goodness sake! Hopefully the movies will be done with the same spirit as the original. But I digress. The ride should probably acknowledge the movie at some point because people will be looking for a tie in. As long as it is subtle, I will be happy.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Exactly.

^This is the life!

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    In my bed.....oops, just a thought! Don't tell my hubby! Derail..................
    Amen sistah!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Travel-Sized Guardian

I'm not crazy about the changes myself, but they changed it *already*, so really...I don't think it could get any worse than what they already did to it. Besides, all things considered, I think Walt would've done -some- references to the film, and changed it a little, had he been around. He didn't really want his park to become a museum. ^^; On the other hand, you have these idiots who go to city hall and complain about Jack Sparrow not being in the ride, and the ride being nothing like the movie. While its okay for a ride to have something fresh added to it (take the haunted mansion's overhauls. They're subtle, but give the mansion new life.), these kinds of changes just for the sake of putting in so many pop culture references so it makes sense to the generally clueless and informationally inept are pretty stale. So my conclusion? I'm split down the middle about the potc changes. xD So while Half of me thinks it can't get worse, half of me thinks they shouldn't cater to such minor complaints. But i'm reserving my complete judgement until I ride it...which probably won't be for awhile. >.< Did I make sense with that? It's 7am, i'm still kinda tired, and I apologize if it didn't. ^^;

That point aside...you kinda have to wonder though; when they DO put Jack in the barrell when they do the overhaul...will they have to change the pooped/stuffed pirate's dialogue again? I mean, it kinda doesn't fit, when something he says starts out with, "Hope that pilferin' p ussycat...". (There was a cat in the barrell before, if you didn't know. It took me a few trips to spot him, myself.)

My hope is, during the overhaul that they change that scene at least partially back to women chasing. After all, the term "politically correct pirate" is as oxymoronic as the term, "honest politician".

• Give Peace a Chance

Capt. Jack belongs in MY bed, & I ain't sharin' me spoils! Arg!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• the rum is always gone

For adding Jack and Barbossa to the ride, I am personally against it. I say keep the ride the original. Granted ride updates, new effects and the sort are necessary for the ride to remain popular and to stay up to date. I full heartly disagree with changing the ride's story. Trying to turn a ride that has a limited story of cursed treasure, "Dead men tell no tales," and pirates pillaging, into a story of Jack trying to find his hat and Davy Jones being all scary and squid-like seems like a weak story line. I would not oppose that the ride features elements of the film, such as the treasure chest on the pile of gold, or the dead man's chest, or even possibly the pirate ship attacking the fort being changed into the Black Pearl (I'm still undecided on the latter). But to change the ride's story and to change the ride to accomodate the movies, I believe is ruining a classic attraction. Go ahead and throw all of your rotten tomatoes at me, you Johnny Depp fans. But seriouly you already have posters of him all over your room. Do you really need to see him in a Disneyland attraction?

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Lore
    Each boat should have an animatronic Jack Sparrow that would say things while you rode the ride like "This ride needs more rum!" and "Why are the pirates eating? They should be chasing women and drinking rum!"
    Love it!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

Where would you put Jack Sparrow?

In the soon to be outdated garbage bin and out of POTC all together.
    All they need to get extremely long lines is to update the special effects like they planned but not adding these characters.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc
    For adding Jack and Barbossa to the ride, I am personally against it. I say keep the ride the original. Granted ride updates, new effects and the sort are necessary for the ride to remain popular and to stay up to date. I full heartly disagree with changing the ride's story. Trying to turn a ride that has a limited story of cursed treasure, "Dead men tell no tales," and pirates pillaging, into a story of Jack trying to find his hat and Davy Jones being all scary and squid-like seems like a weak story line. I would not oppose that the ride features elements of the film, such as the treasure chest on the pile of gold, or the dead man's chest, or even possibly the pirate ship attacking the fort being changed into the Black Pearl (I'm still undecided on the latter). But to change the ride's story and to change the ride to accomodate the movies, I believe is ruining a classic attraction. Go ahead and throw all of your rotten tomatoes at me, you Johnny Depp fans. But seriouly you already have posters of him all over your room. Do you really need to see him in a Disneyland attraction?
    HERE HERE and that is coming from a person who liked the movies!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    .I agree with the jail idea, put him in the corner- it is a good nod to the movie without being too cheesy. Lets face it, that movie and the ride will always be linked from now to eternity, there are already two more of them being made and they are bound to be successful- Johnny almost won an Oscar for it for goodness sake! Hopefully the movies will be done with the same spirit as the original. But I digress. The ride should probably acknowledge the movie at some point because people will be looking for a tie in. As long as it is subtle, I will be happy.
    I also agree, put him in jail

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer007
    If they do end up putting in a Jack Sparrow animatronic in Pirates, where would you place it? I think the best spot would be in the jail cell, with him leaning against the wall with his hat tipped down over his face (that way it wouldn't have to look exactly like Johnny Depp). You could hear Jack's voice saying "You can keep doing that forever, the dog is never going to move."
    What do you think?
    I guess this would be ok. I don't like the idea of doing this really but since Disney seams determined to do this. I kind of think this would be the least offencive way to add him and kind of funny to boot.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345