Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
  1. #1

    • Confuzled Woozle
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    122

    Where would you put Jack Sparrow?

    If they do end up putting in a Jack Sparrow animatronic in Pirates, where would you place it? I think the best spot would be in the jail cell, with him leaning against the wall with his hat tipped down over his face (that way it wouldn't have to look exactly like Johnny Depp). You could hear Jack's voice saying "You can keep doing that forever, the dog is never going to move."
    What do you think?
    Last edited by mouseketeer007; 05-03-2005 at 06:40 PM.
    Did you hear about the three blondes who were driving to Disneyland?
    After being in the car for hours, they saw a sign that said "Disneyland left" so they turned around and went home.


  2. #2

    • Know More Than You Should
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Experiencing Technical Difficulties
    Posts
    2,906

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer007
    If they do end up putting in a Jack Sparrow animatronic in Pirates, where would you place it? I think the best spot would be in the jail cell, with him leaning against the wall with his hat tipped down over his face (that way it wouldn't have to look exactly like Johnny Depp). You could hear Jack's voice saying "You can keep doing that forever, the dog is never going to move."
    What do you think?
    Yeah, that could work. I don't think they would actually put a Jack Sparrow animaronic in pirates though, its such a classic attraction that there would be outcry if they changed it. If they do though, that would be a good place for it.













  3. #3

    • Confuzled Woozle
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    Yeah, that could work. I don't think they would actually put a Jack Sparrow animaronic in pirates though, its such a classic attraction that there would be outcry if they changed it. If they do though, that would be a good place for it.
    Yeah, I kind of hope that they only do that in WDW, and only put it in DL if turns out to be absolutely amazing.

  4. #4

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Nope, I would replace blackbeard and put him on the ship attacking the garrison... It is more visually stunning, particularly with the swish moviment and the "I'm warning you... Give up now, and I might let you all live to see your mother again..." "Give'em another round, lads" "Aye, this will be the day you will remember the name Captain Jack Sparrow..."
    Check out my other blog:

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773
    I think Capt. Jack would work fine as the pirate on the ship attacking the fort. While that wouldn't be true to the movie, who cares? This placement would give a major nod to the film without materially affecting POTC. It would be cheap and easy to do since all they would have to do is re-costume and re-voice an existing AA. POTC isn't broke, so it doesn't need to be fixed. Capt. Jack needs POTC more than POTC needs Capt. Jack. This would satisfy those who feel a need to see him in there somewhere without upsetting the "purists" too much.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Posts
    7,773
    Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Nope, I would replace blackbeard and put him on the ship attacking the garrison... It is more visually stunning, particularly with the swish moviment and the "I'm warning you... Give up now, and I might let you all live to see your mother again..." "Give'em another round, lads" "Aye, this will be the day you will remember the name Captain Jack Sparrow..."
    It appears that you and I were posting our replies at the exact same time! Apparently great minds think alike. (...or fools never differ!)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-


    When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.


  7. #7

    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,624

    Pirates! replaces Fantasmic!

    I would redo Fantasmic! as Pirates! and make Sparrow a live character in the biggest, splashiest and most action packed Pirate vs. ghost stunt show on the river. I'd have the island rethemed pirate style and have it fight the Columbia dressed as the Black Pearl (big broadsides, gun battles, sword fighting, do blacklight on skeleton AAs, mist screen tranmsformations, and costumes as fighting pirates coming out of the water, lots of fire efx, real cool stuff..Big exploding tresure scene, love song on the ship with an orlando bloom character.. the coin projected on the mist screens, etc. Black pearl transforms back into a living ship, happy ending, etc. Make it a real wow.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

  8. #8

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I would redo Fantasmic! as Pirates! and make Sparrow a live character in the biggest, splashiest and most action packed Pirate vs. ghost stunt show on the river. I'd have the island rethemed pirate style and have it fight the Columbia dressed as the Black Pearl (big broadsides, gun battles, sword fighting, do blacklight on skeleton AAs, mist screen tranmsformations, and costumes as fighting pirates coming out of the water, lots of fire efx, real cool stuff..Big exploding tresure scene, love song on the ship with an orlando bloom character.. the coin projected on the mist screens, etc. Black pearl transforms back into a living ship, happy ending, etc. Make it a real wow.
    Hmmm... TSI as the Isle de Muerta? Interesting conceptualization there... I am not certain that we could use that name...

    But if one built Cape Royal? Bank side by where Big Thunder Ranch is... Hmmm... That would be an interesting theme area... You can put in other piratey type rides, including a swinging ship... A boat based water flume ride... And a swashbuckling stage show...

    Yes, that will do, Orville, that will do...
    Check out my other blog:

  9. #9

    • pronounced, Casey Jr. 1
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,714
    Just putting him in the ride would be great, along with orlando blooms character

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The Belafonte
    Posts
    481
    the least offensive place would be the big hill that takes you back to the real world. he could say things directed at the guests and junk. i dunno.

  11. #11

    • the subs were cool maan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    397
    how about where there all getting drunk?

  12. #12

    • Disney worshipper/geek
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Westchester, California
    Posts
    904
    I'm sorry, I love Johnny and Orlando, but this IS A BBBBBBAAAAADDDDD idea. I already constantly hear people, particularly tennagers in the ride complaining,"This is nothing like the movie." They have no idea, even with it mentioned in both the opening AND ending credits, the the ride came first. This is just giong to comfuse them further and muddy it all up in my opinion...
    I abhor this idea and protest it!
    My mind won't rest
    and I don't sleep
    Not even in my dreams...
    -"If You Ever Did Believe"
    written by Stevie Nicks

    Chasen Matthew Pacheco
    1985-2005

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864
    Put im in jail.. and say his line.....

  14. #14

    • Head Salesman
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    576
    How 'bout adding some movie props into the ride? Not so much that it ties the ride into the movie (or vice versa), but hidden and subtle. For example, the treasure cave could have the aztec coin vault hidden amoung the treasure, and maybe several of the aztec coins strewn about. No one would really know that they were there except for us Disney buffs, and we could impress our friends with that bit o' trivia. Some of the movie swords could be added/switched, like the captain of the attacking pirate ship could be holding Barbosa's sword. Maybe put the movie's costumes onto the pirates in the village.

    P.S. The Sparrow jail scene enhancement is a good idea!
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

    Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

  15. #15

    • is FIERCE!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere Major
    Posts
    8,004
    Blog Entries
    4
    I agree with the jail idea, put him in the corner- it is a good nod to the movie without being too cheesy. Lets face it, that movie and the ride will always be linked from now to eternity, there are already two more of them being made and they are bound to be successful- Johnny almost won an Oscar for it for goodness sake! Hopefully the movies will be done with the same spirit as the original. But I digress. The ride should probably acknowledge the movie at some point because people will be looking for a tie in. As long as it is subtle, I will be happy.
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 04-16-2005 at 04:50 PM.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!



    Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

    DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.


Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone want a Jack Sparrow of their very own?
    By cstephens in forum Disney Collectables
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
  2. Jack Sparrow on TSI
    By Baiser_Tu_2 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 02:58 PM
  3. What's up with the third Jack Sparrow AA??
    By Experiment626 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 03:11 PM
  4. Jack Sparrow Ring
    By Skinny Dog in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •