I've seen the show at least a dozen times.
Whether to see it or not is your decision, but here are the pro's and con's.
as I see it.
* the genie (for the most part; depends on actor) is very funny. There was one
one show where he started riff'ing off of the audience. Brought the show
to a halt while everyone laughed! (even made Aladdin smirk like he was
stifling a laugh).
* it is a musical adaptation of the movie. If you like musicals, then you should
* the singing by Jasmine and Aladdin is usually pretty good, but their acting
usually is wooden. Again both depend on the actor.
* if you have priority seating, use it. I think I waited 15 min once and
I got the back of the orchestra seat (about 15 rows back).
* if you don't mind being in the mezzanine, then you can go pretty late (like
when the CM's are closing the gates).
* the carpet scenes are pretty neat.
* the final Jafar battle scene is underwhelming IMHO.
When it's hot out it's a definitely a nice break.. We usually catch it when/if we
get into DCA.