Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking I've decided to skip DCA's Aladdin Show. Is that a good decision?

Since I will only have 2 full days and 2 half days on my 1st trip to Disneyland, I feel that DCA's 40 minutes plus show for Aladdin is just going to be time consuming and something I won't miss that much.

Am I making a good decision? Your thoughts on the show?

Also when I say time consuming, I'm adding in the possible wait in line to get a good seat because I'm assuming there are no assigned seats but more like first come first serve basis.

Plus Aladdin was funny the first time I saw it in theatres but it's been years since I've last seen it. I have a copy, it's just sitting on the shelf... and the sequels! Ugh!

Anyone else regreting seeing the Aladdin show? Anyone walk out? Is it really better than I think it is? Your thoughts MiceChat members. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• white and nerdy

Re: I've decided to skip DCA's Aladdin Show. Is that a good decision?

Some love it. I don't think it's that great. I've watched it a few times and was always shocked at how bad the actors are. The theater is wonderful, And the genie can be funny, but the Aladdins and Jasmines (as well as the rest of the cast) is just so.... un-professional.

I'd skip it, but it's just my opinion. I'm sure others love it every time.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck
    Since I will only have 2 full days and 2 half days on my 1st trip to Disneyland, I feel that DCA's 40 minutes plus show for Aladdin is just going to be time consuming and something I won't miss that much.

Am I making a good decision? Your thoughts on the show?
    I don't think anyone can make this decision for you. My advise is.. go see it and get a seat in the back. That way.. if you don't care for it and feel like getting out of the theater... you can just slip out. No CM is going to stop you.

• In Technicolor!

It is indeed first-come, first-served seating (unless you have a Priority Pass for the front rows of the lower section - but, you have to show up early for those too). So yeah, you're looking at an hour investment.

The story is, of course, just like the movie. So in that regard you've already seen it. But the main draws are the staging and the Genie. If you haven't read too much on the net about the show (what does that magic carpet do?), then don't spoil it for yourself - it's fun, at least once. The Genie has almost free reign for improv - and most times it pretty funny. I would suggest seeing it. Another motivation to see it is that there have been rumors that it will be gone by the end of the year.

If you're pressed for time and it's busy when you're there, try fitting it in during your Tower of Terror FastPass window.
    These are the games that never end.

• Banned User

We loved it!! and it may not be there forever, I would see it

I really enjoyed it. When I compare it to other shows in the various Disney parks in both CA and FL, this is definitely one of the better ones. If you have never seen it, I'd make the effort to see it. And who knows how much longer it'll be around... And, I'm not a huge fan of the Aladdin movie either.

I like TDLFAN's idea of sitting near the back so you can leave if you realize this show isn't your thing. Only you can decide.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• e komo mai

I don't care for the show. It's not very good. But I recommend seeing it once to decide for yourself. It's a good place to get away from the heat for a bit.
    If you do go, don't sit in the orchestra section. Sit in the area above the orchestra (I forget the name - mezzanine?) so you can see the carpet flying around. You can't see the actors on the carpet if you are in the orchestra, they're flying over your head. All you get to see then is a fog filled stage with light up buildings floating around... boring!

I don't usually like to take the time to see a show, but this one is worth seeing. We always just run in after the CM starts making last calls and end up in the balcony, but I think they're pretty good seats. You get a great view of the flying carpet from up there.

• Circle of Ancients

I don't care for the show either, you are making a good decision.

If you only have a few days in the parks I wouldn't waste precious time.

If you have 2 full days AND 2 half days, you have more than enough time to see it. I wouldn't miss it!

• That Guy

This decision will alter the couse of your life FOREVER.

J/K, skip it, watch it, whatever you decide. I think you'll be okay no matter what you choose.

I would definitely not miss it! Seeing Aladdin is one of the main reasons we go to DCA. Sometimes we even see it twice! Our family loves singing and characters and shows so it is perfect.

If, however, you're like my DH, and you don't care for musicals, then you might want to skip it. But it is a great show that looks like a Brodway spectacular!!!

JULIE

• For You!

My kids thought Aladdin was the best show they saw at Disneyland. I've sat in a few places and didn't really think any seat was bad. Try and do everything you can.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    If you have 2 full days AND 2 half days, you have more than enough time to see it. I wouldn't miss it!
    I quite agree. That's plenty of time to do what you want to do! (If you really want to save on time with your trip, utilize fastpass at it's best-first get them for Space Mountain, then Splash Mountain, and at some point Roger Rabbit-which you can do whenever-and remember that even if your fastpass hasn't gone out yet, after 2 hours of getting some, you can get more. As for DCA, grab some for Soarin', then Tower of Tower, and at any point I think you can get them for Grizzly River Rapids).

I think it's a great experience to see it once. The problem with APs is that they go to the park so much, so of course the show gets old after a while.

I've only seen the show once. I was in a pretty miserable mood with my boyfriend, and the trip so far hadn't been all that great...a lot of things had gone wrong. I think that was the only time I ever cried at Disneyland But, I can't tell you how much the show cheered me up and fixed the day. It's a sweet, wonderful little show. Watching the magic carpet ride, IMO, is worth it all.

It's a very good show I would see it if you have time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast