Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Mary Blair Lover

crpeoplemover turns 100! And celebrates by sharing old DL photos!

100 posts that is.......

Come join me in celebrating this milestone!!!!!! OK, I'm being facetious about this 100 post "milestone" but that's, oh, at least 50 more than I've posted in any other message board! Many thanks to the MiceChat community for keeping my interest!

I'm going to celebrate my big 100 by starting my first thread to share some interesting photos I found. A while back, I saw a thread about young pictures of yourself at Disneyland. I thought, "oh this would be cool," and that turned into a LONG trip on memory lane! I'm extremely fortunate, in that, my parents have always loved Disneyland, so we went as a family, at the very least, 2 times a year all my life. Add to that, the fact that my dad is a shutterbug and we end up having an obscene amount of Disneyland photos and slides. I found so many pictures of myself, I could practically do a year by year age progression. (I'm going to save that for the other thread, and for when I'm not lazy)

Anyway, these pictures are ones I found in the process of looking. The're not your standard Front of Castle or Mickey Flowers shots, but rather, random pictures I stumbled across that I thought you fellow MiceChatters might find interesting or funny. My scanner is not the best so I tried to compensate in the editing process. I promise these pictures look much better in person!

Check out this very elaborate float! What's with the monkey rocking out? Alice, Big Bad Wolf and Cinderella together???? (1985 or 86, not sure)

WOW, look at all that space! So roomy! Almost enough room to plop down a big brown attraction with some ugly rocks, huh???? Uh, no, not that roomy. Yes, that's me in the fluorescent outfit. Someone should have reported my parents to the police for child abuse in allowing me to wear that outfit out of the house....... eh, who I'm I kidding! I thought I looked great. Also, notice the 35 anniversary gazebo in the plaza of this 1990 picture.

The rest of these are pictures I took. (That's not really said with pride, but said more as an excuse!) ....

Classic tomorrowland (with bars) from the Skyway..... (1991)

Small World from the Skyway, pre-Light Magic "MALL," pre-Toontown, pre-TDA, pre-Paris Colors, pre-Toy Shop. pre-Everything. Remember when you entered from the island? (1991) I have another shot just like this one that I also took from the Skyway the following year with full-on Afternoon Avenue. With the front of the parade coming down and everything, it's practically postcard perfect, (or yesterland perfect at least). I cannot find it, and it's BUGGING ME!!!

Dumbo Rehab from the Skyway. Jeez, I forgot what a big photo op the Skyway was. Hey, there's a guy in Blues like I used to wear! (1991)

Skyway and Matterhorn holes from my beloved PeopleMover. (With bars) I guess I thought I might drop the camera? Or maybe I was really militant about keeping your hands, arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times? But you'd think I'd try harder to not get bars in the shot? Oh well, i was 10. (1991)

OK, here we jump to 1993. (This picture in particular scanned god awful! It's my scanner. I promise this looks much better in person!) Anyway, I have to admit the Paris Colors looked really sharp on my beloved IASW before the smog attacked. But, I still prefer the classic white and was stoked when they returned it to that. Way in the background, you catch a glimpse of the newly opened Mickey's Toontown.

Another Skyway shot. Note the empty PeopleMover cars and closed Fantasyland Autopia. (1993)

What would now be different in this shot???? It took me a second. (1993) Also, look at the lack of crowds! But, you can tell by the shadows that it was still early in the day.

OK, now we jump way ahead... I KNOW a bunch of you guys were at this! [sympathy] I went alone. [/sympathy] It was the very last day of the Country Bears. They ran both theaters at the same time. But this date will, for the rest of my life, be etched in my mind because it was the Sunday before September 11th. (2001)

I have a huge love of Disneyland, but it really puts that and your life into perspective when on Sunday you're really bummed because the closed the Country Bears, then the following Tuesday.....

I also remembered changing my AOL profile headline that Sunday to:

"We just can't bare to say good-bye, we hope that you'll be coming back again."

Which, as I'm sure most of you know, is the last two lines of the last song in the original Country Bear Jamboree. (Well, sort of) And I also remembered my friend pointing out the different connotation it had later on that week.

Well, on that bittersweet note, I hope you enjoyed these absolutely random, no theme whatsoever pictures! If I find any others (I'm bound to) I suppose I'll post them in this thread.

Thanks for stopping by to celebrate my BIG 100!!!!!
    Last edited by crpeoplemover; 06-16-2006 at 02:57 AM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: crpeoplemover turns 100! And celebrates by sharing old DL photos!

Congratulations, cr, for the 100 posts and thanks for sharing the pictures !!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

congradulations!!~ and I love these pics!!

• Ex Dept 915 CM

Cool pix, thanks. Brings back a lot of memories.

• Back After Missing MC

Thanks for sharing such fun photos and memories from your past. I love seeing what other people remember from their trips to DL!

Love all the cool pics! Thanks for sharing and congrats on 100!

JULIE

• Artsy Fartsy

Yaaahh,.....100 posts. Congrats!! Love the trip down memory lane.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Cool pictures. I couldn't even remember small world without everything. I mean I only went twice before the Afternoon Avenue, then Toontown, then Light Magic, 1993/4 rehab...

I also could strangely swear Dumbo was purple and silver!? Maybe I am crazy, but I could have sworn it was a different color for awhile..

I know I have some pics from that era I'll have to find them, like Afternoon Avenue,motor boat cruise, autopia in fl,rocketeer display at tomorrowland, roger rabbit character at dl, and dick tracy merchandise everywhere in 90..

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by crpeoplemover
    Wow, I'd forgotten how colorful IASW use to be ! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Congrats on your 100 posts!

• Again! Again! Again!

What would now be different in this shot???? It took me a second. (1993) Also, look at the lack of crowds! But, you can tell by the shadows that it was still early in the day.
    My thougts for this picture is the part of the treehouse that is out in the middle of the walkway. The bridge goes around that part of the treehouse now....And it was Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse at the time!

Nice pics!! Congrats on the 100 posts!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Neep meep beep

Great pictures - thank you, we all love seeing "the way it was..."!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Great photos! Thanks so much and congrats on the big 100!

I find it ironic in the Country Bear Playhouse picture the banner says "Celebrate 25 Years of Fun!" and then on the other side "Final Performances"

It just seems so.... wrong!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Mary Blair Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    My thougts for this picture is the part of the treehouse that is out in the middle of the walkway. The bridge goes around that part of the treehouse now....And it was Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse at the time!
    Yes, you're right on. Also missing in my picture is the bottleneck the Tarzan Treehouse entrance causes! It almost defeats the whole purpose of buliding that bridge over the pirates queue.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I find it ironic in the Country Bear Playhouse picture the banner says "Celebrate 25 Years of Fun!" and then on the other side "Final Performances"

It just seems so.... wrong!
    Actually, it says 29 years. (Bad scan, sorry) Yeah, that's right, they closed it JUST short of it's 30th anniversary. And yes, totally dripping in irony AND wrong!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Yes, you're right on. Also missing in my picture is the bottleneck the Tarzan Treehouse entrance causes! It almost defeats the whole purpose of buliding that bridge over the pirates queue.

Actually, it says 29 years. (Bad scan, sorry) Yeah, that's right, they closed it JUST short of it's 30th anniversary. And yes, totally dripping in irony AND wrong!!
    I hate the Tarzan's Treehouse entrance. It's absolutely ridiculous.

25 years - 29 years... whatever it's still completely ironic and just strange and wrong that they should have half of the banner celebrating something and the other announcing its closure. Stupid!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast