Thread: DL to LAX

DL to LAX

Hi. I'm going to Disneyland for the first time next week!
    I'll be staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel. I'm flying back home on Friday at 1pm from LAX. We are using the Disneyland Express. What time should we head to the airport? How long is the ride? I was thinking of getting on the bus at 10am. Is that too late?

• Hooterville, USA

Re: DL to LAX

You never know about LAX. Err on the side of caution. (go earlier)

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

It will take a solid hour just to get back to Los Angeles and plan on another hour to get to and around the airport. Plan on a LOT of extra time. I would say 4 hours just to be safe. Next time you may want to fly out of Orange County which is about 20 mins from DL.

jan
    Janette

• Rock Star Minion

How many of you are there? Maybe a limo service will suit your purpose.

10AM should be fine. There are 50 different ways to get to LAX from DL. Not all of them will be traffic-jammed.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

It's only me and my nine year old son. LAX only has direct flights to NY. To fly to SNA, I would have to change planes. Too nerve wrecking for me w/ a kid!

• insufferable know-it-all

Oh dear, okay well next time consider flying Jet Blue, they land at Long Beach, which is still better than LAX, and take a limo or van service.

I can't believe there are no direct flights from SNA to NY... which airports in NY did you look at?

With LAX... always plan lots and lots of time. It could be an hour, it could be three, depends on the traffic.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I think she will be fine, the DIsneyland Express should take about an hour, it is past rush hour, and much of the trip can be on carpool lanes, bus drivers tend to use them if they are moving better than the regular lanes.

So she should arrive at LAX around 11 AM, leaving 2 hours for all the airport check-in/security stuff.

Let me add, I think she might want to call the Disneyland Express and ask when they expect the 10 AM pickup from the Paradise Pier to arrive at LAX. Their phone number is (714) 978-8855.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

thanks for the number, darkbeer! I'm glad I called. The bus will be at the Paradise Pier at 9:45am and will be at LAX by 11am.