• A New Kind Of Villain

New DLR Pirates of the Caribbean Promo Material

Hey everyone, my roomate who's a CM was kind enough to bring me this piece of promo material last night for the POTC refurb and events surrounding the ride and the movie; so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

It includes info on the new ride storyline; Restaurant upgrades; New merchandise; Online promotions; POTC 2 Movie Synopsis; Key Dates and Entertainment events surrounding the new opening. I'm not sure how much the rez lowered when I uploaded it to photobucket, but on the full 5 MP picture, I could read everything perfectly. If you guys want me to transcribe it, let me know and I'd be glad to. Enjoy! ^_^

Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Re: New DLR Pirates of the Caribbean Promo Material

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

please

• Artsy Fartsy

Inquiring minds wanna know!!!!!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Closed Account

Talking Re: New DLR Pirates of the Caribbean Promo Material

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    If you guys want me to transcribe it, let me know and I'd be glad to. Enjoy! ^_^
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?
    SCAN TO PDF!! PLEASE!?

• *barf*

It opens on the 26 like i suspected, I planned accordingly and going on the 28th. I bought my ticket at Costco and everything. Oh yeah Hi everybody long time lurker here finally getting around to signing up and stuff so yeah, there ya go. The end. Fin

• A New Kind Of Villain

Here's the entire promo transcribed:

Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean

Properly Warned Ye Be!!!

Dead Men Tell New Tales

Use this guide to share information with Guests about Pirates of the Caribbean enhancements throughout the Resort.

Attraction Storyline

The classic Disneyland attraction, Pirates of the Caribbean, which inspired the movie, reopens on June 26! It will feature the addition of Captain Jack Sparrow and his nemesis Barbossa, adding an exciting new twist to the attraction’s original storyline as they race to be the first to claim a cache of plundered treasure. The new characters will be seen interacting with some of the more familiar cast of pirates found inside the attraction, including the ghost Davy Jones, from the second movie in the series, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.

Food Offerings

Mind me words and set ye course to collecting adventure with the special series of Pirates of the Caribbean doubloons! Featuring scenes from the classic attraction, the doubloons, which are a gift with purchase offer are available while supplies last. During a recent voyage, two new Monte Cristo sandwiches were discovered and will be served at the re-fancied Café Orleans, which is being transformed into a bistro-style table service restaurant perfect for those tired peg-legged pirates.

Entertainment

The Bilge Rats – A band of cursed pirates, recently escaped from the attraction, will entertain and amuse Guests visiting New Orleans. Their battle cry is “freedom” – from just about anything you can name: a steady job, the shackles of marriage… but most of all, freedom from having to sing “that song” over and over again.

“Pirate Ship” Columbia – A daily commandeering of the Sailing Ship Columbia by a lone pirate! All those aboard had better shape up because it’s too late to ship out!

Jack Sparrow – “Captain” Jack Sparrow finally gets the fame he craves during his own meet and greets.

For locations and set times, check the weekly Cast Member Reference Guide.

Movie Synopsis

Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley reunite in Walt Disney Pictures’, in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Films, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, an all new epic tale chronicling the further mis-adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow. Produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and directed by Gore Verbinski, Captain Jack sets sail on an all-new adventure filled with more intrigue, more spectacular special effects and more comedy.

Merchandise Offerings

Pirate treasure has been hidden across the lands. A swashbuckling version of the famous Mickey Ears will make anyone look like a fearsome buccaneer. Avast., ye pin traders! Legend of the Golden Pins is coming June 23 through August 13. Remember to pin trade with honor – or you may be forced to walk the plank!

Online Offerings

Pirates will invade computer screens! On Disneyland.com, cannons rip fire as a new splash page is introduced with a gaming component. On the ever popular VMK.com an all-new online pirate adventure awaits Guests to navigate their own pirate ship. An added in-Park quest will allow Guests to gain pirate themed virtual rewards for their avatars.

Key Dates

June 24 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest premiere at Disneyland Park

June 24 – Main Gate Pass, Cast Member ID blockout date (Disneyland Park and Disney’s California Adventure Park)

June 26 – Pirates of the Caribbean [attraction] reopens to Guests

July 7 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest opens in theaters nationwide
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• I can't stand you.

More LE mickey ears?

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako
    Jack Sparrow – “Captain” Jack Sparrow finally gets the fame he craves during his own meet and greets.
    DUDE. That totally just made my day!!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• A New Kind Of Villain

I'm actually now really looking forward to the commandeering of the Columbia. It'll definitely give me a reason to ride it. ^_^
    Julie Rei

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you for taking the time to transcribe that for us Sadako!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Island Paradise

That was some cool info!

• Shubisha

Heh so the commandeering of the Columbia turned into
    "A daily commandeering of the Sailing Ship Columbia by a lone pirate!"

A lone pirate. Everybody run!

• Banned User

wow mickey climbs the matterhorn and pirates take over the columbia, i am truly jealous. sounds like a fun rest of the summer to me!!!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    wow mickey climbs the matterhorn and pirates take over the columbia, i am truly jealous. sounds like a fun rest of the summer to me!!!
    Mickey climbs the matterhorn always happens in the middle of the sunday meets and it just gets really annoying after a while. XD
    Julie Rei

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I notice there is no mention of the "Pirates Event" to be held on July 6th...

Oh yeah, it's not going to be held in Disneyland. It's going to be at the Disneyland Hotel.

Hmmmmm...
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037